Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1

    Seeking answer.... help from Canadians

    Probably not the right forum here
    hopefully the mods will let it go

    Wife Canadian born, PEI,

    Naturalized U.S.

    Would like to have dual citizenship.

    Led to believe that she retains Canadian citizenship, as a birthright

    Does she need any documentation from Canada?

    Going up to PEI in Sept, hopefully if any needed we can proceed from there.

    thanks. dave

  2. #2

    I would contact your nearest Canadian Embassy if that is possible. They will steer you in the right direction or have the info you need. There is also Canadian Citizenship office

    Cheers Mike
    Hi All

    My main focus in collecting are SPA Future Watch Auto's and UD Young Guns. My secondary collecting is of all years of Canvas YG's.

    Hidden Content

  3. #3
    Definitely check with the embassy since the the dual citizenship portion of the law changed in 1977. If she acquired US citizenship before Feb 15 1977, she may have lost her Canadian citizenship.
    Last edited by cardscardscards; 08-03-2016 at 01:04 PM.
    Looking for: Jean-Gabriel Pageau (Main PC), Erik Karlsson (Secondary PC)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  4. #4
    I would check with the embassy.... perhaps contact the MP's office from the area she's from? A Birth Certificate would be necessary (I'd think) and if you're going to be in PEI, if she doesn't have one - should be able to figure out the steps in obtaining one.

  5. #5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

About SCF

    Sports Card Forum provides sports and non-sports card collectors a safe place to discuss, buy, sell and trade.

    SCF maintains tools that will allow collectors to manage their collections online, information about what is happening with the hobby, as well as providing robust data to send out for Autographs through the mail.

Follow SCF on