Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone please tell me why...

Someone please tell me why...

Someone please tell me why some top RBs are barely selling for anything. For example, very skilled RBs such as lamont jordan and rudi johnson are not very popular on ebay and sell for very low money. However, newer players such as steven jackson, ronnie brown, and cadillac for example, are soaring in price. Why is this? Lamont and Rudi Johnson will probably do much better than the semi-newcomers, but how come their cards are so unpopular?

Would it be smart to invest in lamont or rudi for this season?

i think cadillic made his impact his rookie year and its looking like he is going to have a great career.. I dont know about rudi but he will be much better than lamont

steven jackson, ronnie brown, and cadillac... all were top rb's in the ncaa and are expected to carry their teams...rudi johnson has carson palmer, chad johnson etc.

but johnson and lamont are probably gonna put up much better numbers than jackson, ronnie brown, etc. So why are their cards going for so much less?

example: I don't see $300 rookie autos of lamont anywhere...they're only like $40

ya, idk...lamont was the raiders leading reciever last year...hes a sweet player who was behind curtis martin till he went to the raiders...

LaMont Jordan is not in demand because the start of his carrer was not popular. This happens a lot with players and they do not do well unless they are very very good at their position. If he keeps doing the same/better, his cards will gradually increase in value. I say that it is a good idea to invest in him.

mm I see, thanks for the advice.
    How long do you suggest waiting for? Like 1-2 seasons or more?

i would actually invest in rudi before lamont.. just my opinion

it's because the new guys are the flavor of the month....in two years all their cards will be hard to give away too.

lamont has a very expensive rc. Check out his contenders rc sometime, of course that's because it's so short printed.

In all truthfulness, Lamont is a good player on a bad team. It's all about what you have done lately.

I don't understand why Rudi stuff is so cheap though. He's done quite well in Cinci, they've had good success and national exposure. So I don't understand that one, never have.

Jackson is all upside on a potent offense. Ronnie shined last year in a co-starring role and gets his shot as a full time guy this year and Caddy was cut short by an injury last year when he started out as hot as anyone.

Portis stuff took a dive when he didnt' have a monster season, same with Jamal Lewis, Corey Dillon, Priest Holmes and countless others... I'm still trying to figure out Shaun Alexander stuff myself...Even after his record setting season, MVP award and Super Bowl appearance his stuff still hasn't caught up to the likes of others. For example, his autographed contenders rc sells for the same as Priest Holmes non-autographed contenders card did when he was hot.

Sometimes it's the market, the team, the exposure...there's usually some combination of factors that contribute to a guys popularity. Sometimes it's obvious...sometimes it's not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast