Thread: Hey From Australia!

Hey From Australia!

Hey guys I'm new to the whole collecting cards thing. I do follw
    basketball, baseball & football religiously and would like to start collecting. If anyone could point me in the right direction of where to start that would
    be great! Thanks again and nice to meet you all!

Welcome to the site! SCF is a great place to be for us card collectors :)

If you have a small budget in mind for collecting, maybe pick up a hobby box of your favourite sport? Depending on the sport and brand, it may run you around 80-$100 (hey, any hobby is expensive, right?) but it's a good way to build up a well-rounded collection fast of the basics: base, inserts, and some small memorabilia or auto'd cards if you're able to pull some.

Or, if you have a favourite player Or team in mind, maybe use your hobby budget that you've set to pickup some of their cards? This way, it will give you a little more pick-and-choose freedom when buying, and it will help you understand the different type of cards and sets out there.

So, as you can see, there are many ways to start card collecting. My advice is take it slow, don't try and make money off the hobby, collect what you like, and have fun.

Best of luck in the hobby!

I'm more familiar with hockey, but if you have any random questions about the hobby and card collecting I'd be happy to answer any of your questions you may have. Just send me a PM! :)

Happy collecting!
    Last edited by creasecollector; 09-06-2016 at 07:45 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

Jamie236- Welcome to SCF!
    Always looking for Graded Vintage (Pre-1980)

Greetings mate! I made one of my best deals ever with an Aussie and would love to visit your country some day
    I collect true 1/1 autographed RCs of Jameis Winston with my son Hidden Content

We champions ... through everything that we went through, through all the haters ... we came out victorious. And God did this. I’m so blessed.
    – Jameis Winston, after winning BCS National Championship game

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!!!!!

Hidden Content | Hidden Content | T.J. Oshie Patch Archive

Hidden Content