Question regarding: 06/07 BETWEEN THE PIPES THE MASK IV

Heya~ Figured I'd see if I can find an answer to my question :). I do apologize if its really easy haha. I've looked around a bit and haven't really found much. I recently obtained a 2016 ITG FINAL VAULT- 06/07 BETWEEN THE PIPES THE MASK IV BLACK- DEVAN DUBNYK. I am fully aware of the vault's background, but was there an original "black" in the release of between the pipes? I have never seen a black mask variation before the vault came out. Are they a possible expo card or printed card that never were released originally? Thanks for the help!

Here is a photo:

BETWEEN THE PIPES THE MASK IV BLACK.JPG
    Collecting: Devan Dubnyk Everything and Anything! 455/567 = 80% (1/1's Included)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    I suspect you're right. These were either something made for a promo (Expo ??) type give away, or they were intended to be released but for some reason were not...... and now have the Vault logo added to them.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Enter the 1st leg of the UD RAK 'Em Up! contest!
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Yep, the Black Mask cards were never released, and seem to be quite rare too. Quite a few goalie collectors have been spotted with these cards. Glad you could track one down!
    Last edited by creasecollector; 09-10-2016 at 09:09 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price