Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Seguin Cup 99s Different Colour Autos

    How many silver autos, blue autos, and other colours are there for the 10-11 Seguin Cup /99? Are there 25 silver autos?

    Thanks,

    John F
    Hidden Content
    Jeff Skinner Super Collecter! Looking for all his cards
    Check my bucket anytime!
    Hidden Content

  2. Kronozio
  3. #2
    No idea if there were print runs associated with the colour of ink. Could be just a random occurrence. Maybe he needed to switch up the sharpie?
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

  4. #3
    I forget where I read it, but supposedly the blue autos are rarer than the silver. Not a helpful post I know, but I did read it somewhere.
    Collecting Ryan Murphy. Always looking to add PC Cards. Show me what you have to trade or sell!

  5. #4
    Of the /99 Sequin Cup RC's, (23) are signed in Silver, while the remaining (76) are signed in the standard Blue Ink.

    I believe that both the Hall /99 and the Eberle /99 were "Redemptions" (or at least a large majority were), so given the choice of having Sequin also appear as a redemption, was not an option that UD wanted. He signed all of his Rainbow RC's /19 in Blue and the majority of the /99 in Blue as well, so for once, UD made a smart choice and allowed the silver exceptions to also be inserted, as opposed to having 3/6 RC's /99 in their premier product be redemptions. At least, this is what I recall reading back when.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by bdiam View Post
    Of the /99 Sequin Cup RC's, (23) are signed in Silver, while the remaining (76) are signed in the standard Blue Ink.

    I believe that both the Hall /99 and the Eberle /99 were "Redemptions" (or at least a large majority were), so given the choice of having Sequin also appear as a redemption, was not an option that UD wanted. He signed all of his Rainbow RC's /19 in Blue and the majority of the /99 in Blue as well, so for once, UD made a smart choice and allowed the silver exceptions to also be inserted, as opposed to having 3/6 RC's /99 in their premier product be redemptions. At least, this is what I recall reading back when.
    So the silver autos was not something that UD wanted to happen? You'd think that such a company would make sure that all autos are the same colour (if that's their intention). I think they can afford to give the player a stack of blue sharpies lol

  7. #6
    Hobby Insider Boss
    gomaz's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    426
    Country
    SCF Rewards
    294


    Transferred Feedback
    Hobby Insider (204)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta






    Rarity aside, the blue auto'd versions are waaaaay nicer than the silver. I would never want one with the silver auto in my PC. Same for the few guys in 03-04 Premier who also had silver autos (Bergeron I think).

    By my account, the fact that the silvers exist means that the blue are rarer than they would otherwise be and therefore makes them more valuable (because you have to avoid the silvers), at least by my thinking.
    Cheers,
    Jeremy

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    So the silver autos was not something that UD wanted to happen? You'd think that such a company would make sure that all autos are the same colour (if that's their intention). I think they can afford to give the player a stack of blue sharpies lol
    They can give them any colour Sharpie they want. If a player grabs a particular pen and is going with it, he's going to go with it. I've worked many an autograph session and sometimes you have to stop the guy from signing to get him to switch over to a different pen.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

    2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    So the silver autos was not something that UD wanted to happen? You'd think that such a company would make sure that all autos are the same colour (if that's their intention). I think they can afford to give the player a stack of blue sharpies lol

    I wasn't there, so I don't know what actually happened but in addition to the RC /99 and the Rainbow RC /19, Sequin also signed Honorable Numbers inserts and likely Signature Patches inserts(?), so it's conceivable that UD gave him a couple of pens and that he ran them dry or perhaps one or two of them were blotchy? Rather then "mailing it in" like many players do, he wanted to fulfill his obligation and thus, finished-up his commitment by signing a few inserts in Silver.

    As I posted earlier, with two of the RC's /99 already being redemptions, having a few Silver versions inserted into the packs, was a much better business decision then having another RC /99 be a redemption.

    I haven't tracked sales of late but for the first 3-4 years, the Silver autographs have always brought more then the Blue versions. If you look at the rarity of a Cup RC /99 for starters and then think about the fact that a Silver autograph is only /23, that is a considerably rarer card to have in your collection.

    I will also add that unlike many players, Sequin actually has respect for the hobby and the people who participate in it. I had never known this until I saw a clip where the Stars actually use him on "allot" of their promotions and fan interactions - he's great with people and will take pictures and sign whatever he is given. The Bruins made Claude Julien happy by trading a franchise player - now they have (3) number two centers, a jerk of a coach and no #1 center - genius!
    Last edited by bdiam; 09-12-2016 at 01:55 PM.

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by bdiam View Post
    I wasn't there, so I don't know what actually happened but in addition to the RC /99 and the Rainbow RC /19, Sequin also signed Honorable Numbers inserts and likely Signature Patches inserts(?), so it's conceivable that UD gave him a couple of pens and that he ran them dry or perhaps one or two of them were blotchy? Rather then "mailing it in" like many players do, he wanted to fulfill his obligation and thus, finished-up his commitment by signing a few inserts in Silver.

    As I posted earlier, with two of the RC's /99 already being redemptions, having a few Silver versions inserted into the packs, was a much better business decision then having another RC /99 be a redemption.

    I haven't tracked sales of late but for the first 3-4 years, the Silver autographs have always brought more then the Blue versions. If you look at the rarity of a Cup RC /99 for starters and then think about the fact that a Silver autograph is only /23, that is a considerably rarer card to have in your collection.

    I will also add that unlike many players, Sequin actually has respect for the hobby and the people who participate in it. I had never known this until I saw a clip where the Stars actually use him on "allot" of their promotions and fan interactions - he's great with people and will take pictures and sign whatever he is given. The Bruins made Claude Julien happy by trading a franchise player - now they have (3) number two centers, a jerk of a coach and no #1 center - genius!
    The Seguin blue ink versions sell for considerably more than the silver ones.
    Looking for Ice RCs!

  11. #10
    I'd like my cards w/blue ink usually. For it looks a lot nicer (depending on the card, obviously), but the blue seems to be the go-to colour, especially for those Cup RPA's. Rarity aside though, each collector has a preference if more than one colour is availible I guess.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About SCF

    Sports Card Forum provides sports and non-sports card collectors a safe place to discuss, buy, sell and trade.

    SCF maintains tools that will allow collectors to manage their collections online, information about what is happening with the hobby, as well as providing robust data to send out for Autographs through the mail.

Sponsors

  • Dave and Adams Card World
  • Steel City Collectibles
  • Kronozio
  • PackRip

Follow SCF on