Strange Printing Plate Question

Has anyone ever seen this? Its a Panini Hot Rookies, but not the ones found in the packs its the fall expo card.

Now the weird thing.....its not a plate, its cardboard with a blank back no 1/1 info nothing.

Has anyone seen this before or have any info on these?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PCs: Brian Elliott, Alex Pietrangelo, Vladimir Tarasenko, Colton Parayko

Currently Looking for 2006-07 ITG Making the Bigs Mike Glumac Gold and Silver Jersey Cards and The Cup Mike Glumac Printing Plates.

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    I have a Lemieux like this. Pretty sure there were 5 of each color or something like that.

I never liked this type of card. They are making "color proof" cards and likely not using the actual color proofs. Some other company does/did this besides Panini. I've seen it in a football product. This type manufactured proof as well as what seem to be manufactured printing plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripredacus View Post
    I never liked this type of card. They are making "color proof" cards and likely not using the actual color proofs. Some other company does/did this besides Panini. I've seen it in a football product. This type manufactured proof as well as what seem to be manufactured printing plates.
    Thats the word I was looking for last night, PROOF its a proof card.... its just strange to me not a fan of it either, when I bought it I was expecting a metal plate. I normally don't collect plates unless I'm building a "rainbow" for example base, exclusive, midnight, high gloss, plate.

Thanks for the answers guys, there was a little bit of thinking it could be a fake, but really didn't understand why someone would try and fake something like this lol.
    PCs: Brian Elliott, Alex Pietrangelo, Vladimir Tarasenko, Colton Parayko

Currently Looking for 2006-07 ITG Making the Bigs Mike Glumac Gold and Silver Jersey Cards and The Cup Mike Glumac Printing Plates.

The "proofs" are usually put out in redemption packs at shows. 5 seems to be the accepted number for print runs, but I have never seen a source for that. I always question small print runs like that when the companies never come out and announce that anywhere. I still can't understand why companies would produce something with such a small print run and not number them. Makes me suspect that they aren't really that small. But I am just a pessimist.
    SHARKS and CAPITALS Fan +++ Tomas Hertl cards: 512 & counting Hidden Content ...... Hidden Content
    Whales: 03-04 Topps Pristine Die-Cut Gold Refractor #67 Sergei Gonchar (#/33)