Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Bruins
    See JHIA8234's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

New Customs Forms - USA to Canada Shipping

Just a heads up to US shippers to Canada through USPS.

The US has a new international custom form that is about 3x the size of the old one. No clue why they changed them as they look to ask for basically the same info. The bad news? The form does not fit on normal (or really any) bubble mailers. So you'll be forced to buy a large enough envelope from them or somewhere else so the customer form fits then stick the bubble mailer in that envelope. Just another cost to ship to Canada. We're now looking at over $10 USD for a regular first class bubble mailer. Ridiculous.

I love trading with my friends to the north but this is making it tougher and tougher...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks

Actually those new forms do not go on the envelope. I was told that the clerk will now type in all the information and their system will generate a label with the postage and a shipping label much like the Ebay labels that some sellers use. With these new forms you don't have to fill out any information on the envelope itself. I was also told that there was no price increase with these new labels.

So if you have a bunch of envelopes to mail out be prepared to be at the post office for a while.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

I was also given a heads up last week about a customs form change. I'm really thinking about getting stamps.com for $16 a month. I never mail out a whole lot but If I ship 3 to Canada in a month that's roughly $30 at the PO and all the time. Using Stamps.com $16 + $3 each package that's $25 and I don't have to go the PO.

I rarely/sell trade on here and don't sell much on ebay anymore cause of the $10 shipping. Most of the packages I have to send go to Canada
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I just shipped stuff to Canada on Monday and wasn't made aware of this, interesting. Stamps.com might be a decent option as mention above

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

I sent 2 trades to Ottawa and BC with about 5-6 cards each this month and they each cost me about $3 to ship up there and there was nothing on the bubble mailer except the "stamp" the person printed off.