Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016-2017 Upper deck series 1

2016-2017 Upper deck series 1

Hey guys,

I am very excited for this set to come out, just having started getting into collecting hockey cards, this will be the first set I try to complete. Plan on buying 4-5 hobby boxes from my local seller on release. Does anyone know when the official release date for Series 1 is? Also, any guesses or confirmations on the young guns featured? As a Leafs fan, I am hoping to see Nylander, Marner and especially Matthews in there, although I suspect Marner will be saved for series 2.

Cheers

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    Scheduled for November 10th. You won't have any guarantees on YG's for Series 1 until there is a checklist, but I'm about 99.999999999999% sure Matthews will be in there.
    Collecting:
    Lee Stempniak
    (96.9%, 28 1/1's, 5 Gamers, 3 Sticks) & Cal Clutterbuck (91.0%, 21 1/1's, 1 Stick)
    Also always looking for Paul Stastny & Current Sabres RC's
    Click link for: Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Welcome to SCF!

As the other poster suggested - no checklist out, so it's just guessing at this point.

I suspect you're right though. Matthews & Nylander (and Connor Brown?) will be in Series 1, Marner will get held back for Series 2.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Enter the 1st leg of the UD RAK 'Em Up! contest!
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks for the reply. I suspect Zaitsev may be featured in either series 1 or 2 as well, similar to how Panarin was in 15-16. Should be a decent year for carry over rookies too with guys like Nylander, Zacha, Dvorak, Strome etc..

It's going to be so great seeing collectors actually enjoy their Maple Leafs hits this year! :)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

It sure is! Ive been able to quickly back collect all of the previous Maple Leafs young guns as they are quite cheap but things are about to get a lot more expensive this year with the stud rookies coming into the mix!

By the way if anyone gets parallel inserts of Matthews, Nylander or Marner young guns and wants to sell/trade, please let me know!

I have already pre-purchased a lot of series 1. Getting ready for the sweet sweet leafs RC. It's been a long time since I was truly excited about a Leafs rookie crop. I can't remember, how long is it before we get the checklist usually before the release.

P.S. going to open my cases at the Toronto Expo. Hope to have some good luck with the free packs/case give aways :)
    McDavid, Matthews, Nylander, Marner top RC Cards - High End

That is awesome, I hope you pull a Matthews high gloss! Wonder what that card is going to be going for, $7000 maybe ?

I'm seriously debating purchasing an entire case of hobby boxes or some combination of hobby boxes and blasters.

Ordered my case today from Dave and Adams, I think I got a pretty good price at $750.00.
    Current Wantlist:
    Hidden Content

Traders:
    Hidden Content

Is there good value in buying a case of these? I'm new to recollecting and am anxious to bust a box, was thinking about picking up one of these crates for about $1000cd , or was wondering if another set might be more worthwhile, or just buy a few tins of the cup and really roll the dice.

Any recommendations or deals on where to buy ? I've just seen some online I live in Toronto.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast