Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Winter Classic Jumbo Insert Error

I was looking forward to seeing these insert cards due to the content this year. Paul Byron was going to have his first card as a Montreal Canadiens player, which is cool since he scored twice in the Winter Classic.

Well there's cards out on eBay now. Can you see the problem?

That's Torrey Mitchell. LOL
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    What a goof up!

That's a shame :( Still kinda funny though!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

I can not figure out how these mistakes make it through.

Quote Originally Posted by Goggy29 View Post
    I can not figure out how these mistakes make it through.
    They usually blame the picture supplier, they ask the picture supplier for a pic of Player X, and they supply the picture.

QA on that would be difficult to have somebody eyeball every card in a set.

Cheaper and easier to trust that the picture supplier has QA on their pictures considering you are paying for the picture, you would expect to get said picture.

Quote Originally Posted by atruong317 View Post
    They usually blame the picture supplier, they ask the picture supplier for a pic of Player X, and they supply the picture.

Cheaper and easier to trust that the picture supplier has QA on their pictures considering you are paying for the picture, you would expect to get said picture.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by atruong317 View Post

Yeah, that is cheaper and easier. But when you're in the business of selling pictures of players, you probably should check things like the pictures you use of the players...
    SHARKS and CAPITALS Fan +++ Tomas Hertl cards: 512 & counting Hidden Content ...... Hidden Content
    Whales: 03-04 Topps Pristine Die-Cut Gold Refractor #67 Sergei Gonchar (#/33)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky94 View Post
    Yeah, that is cheaper and easier. But when you're in the business of selling pictures of players, you probably should check things like the pictures you use of the players...
    What he said ^^^
    Collecting:
    Lee Stempniak
    (96.9%, 28 1/1's, 5 Gamers, 3 Sticks) & Cal Clutterbuck (91.0%, 21 1/1's, 1 Stick)
    Also always looking for Paul Stastny & Current Sabres RC's
    Click link for: Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by geschrocks33 View Post
    What he said ^^^
    Meh, I don't work for them. If I did, I would do things much differently.

I guess the other option for them charge more so that they can get another QA to check the photos/players. Not sure we would be happy for that either.

But really, if you order the picture, you expect to get said picture.
    It's like ordering drive-thur, you order Chicken McNuggets, you expect McNuggets, not Fish-o-Filet. And most of us don't check at the drive-thru. Although I'm sure some of you will say you check just to prove my point wrong.

poor Byron :(
    Collecting:
    Vintage PSA Rookies of star players (80s, 70s, 60s, 50s...)
    site: Hidden Content

unforgivable error...but will still have to build the set

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast