Thread: Best Jack Eichel Auto Rookies?

Best Jack Eichel Auto Rookies?

I have a question. I have some nice Eichel cards already and I am thinking of making him part of my PC. Since he has an exclusive with leaf what RC auto's should I be targeting? What's a good solid value one similar to a future watch auto? What's a good patch auto similar to a draft day marks? And once the holy grail similar to the cup? Never really been into the Leaf product, so I don't really know.

Thank you.

2. Check out the deal at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    By definition of an RC, there aren't any.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

As RGM suggests, nothing that Leaf makes is considered to be a "Rookie Card" by many people, so the actual answer you're looking for doesn't exist.

There are still some very nice rookie year auto'd cards of Eichel, but what "the one" to own is?? It's hard for me to say. Most of Leaf's sets lack that whole "lineage" thing that you could tie to something like a "Future Watch" Auto Rookie from UD - so it's not just that there isn't a license, it's also very debatable what that card (or cards) is.

"What is the most RC-like card from Leaf?" I don't know.

If I look at the three RCs from Upper Deck that are normally the "most anticipated" (but not necessarily the best) it would be:

Young Guns
    SP Authentic
    The Cup

You're looking for an auto, so a "Leaf similar to the YG" doesn't really matter.... I'd look for something similar to SPA or Cup.

What is that though???

If I were to say "I don't care about the NHL/PA licensing" is there a set that Leaf made this year.... where the "base set" (or "main set" ??) is fairly comprehensive (at least 100 cards) and includes autographs? I guess if it were me, that's the kind of thing I'd be looking for..... but if it's exists, I don't know what it is.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Enter the 1st leg of the UD RAK 'Em Up! contest!
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

As RGM said, there's no real true auto RC for Eichel.... if you're looking for NHL licensed RC's.. I'd say the top one is his Cup /99.

However, I do have these two from Leaf: :)

Attached Images Attached Images

And thats what you call flooding the market ...... yikes thats a bad idea. An Eichel auto every box, for $60.

Nothing like running your guys secondary value into the dirt
    *** Main PCs - Luongo / Mrazek / Fleury***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Traders - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

I think the first auto of Eichel by Leaf was in 15-16 Superlative, but hes not in a Sabres uniform. Upon its release people were buying them for $500 just to bring to the US and flip them. The card has since dropped. It is hard-signed though.

Although I havent been following Eichel or his cards everything Ive seen have been sticker autos which doesnèt interest me at all. For me the Superlative auto would be the way to go.

Like everyone says though, these is no true rookie card of Eichel in Leaf.