Poll: Who will be named NFL MVP?

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nfl mvp predictions

Question Nfl mvp predictions

75% of the NFL season is over and it's time for some MVP talk:

As see it, below are the contenders:

EZEKIEL ELLIOT: If this kid can win the rushing crown and the Cowboys finish with the #1 seed in the NFC, he may just win the MVP, OPOY and ROY ... wow! I wanted the Bucs to draft this kid so badly and was literally upset when I heard they had resigned Doug Martin as I knew that meant they were going to focus on the defensive side of the ball with their first pick ... it worked out well though as I love Hargreaves, but man, Ezekiel is a beast!

DAK PRESCOTT: He's simply overshadowed by Zeke ... which is sort of ridiculous. Honestly neither of them would be putting up anywhere near the numbers or wins if they were playing for the Browns, 49'ers, etc., but to think that a RB would get more MVP votes than a QB strikes me as strange when both have great stats and identical w/l records.

AARON RODGERS: If the Pack can run the table and win their division, Rodgers will get some consideration as he should ... that team is a train wreck this year but Rodgers is keeping them in the hunt.

MATT STAFFORD: This guy should be leading the MVP race right now in my opinion ... he lost Megatron, lost his RB, plays for a hapless franchise ... and is just balling out of his mind, period. However ... I doubt he gets many votes from the clueless media :-(

RUSSELL WILSON: DangerRuss is flat out overrated imho and doesn't belong in the MVP race at all ... but I wouldn't doubt if the clueless media actually gives him more votes than Matt Stafford :-(

MATT RYAN: Ryan has put up great stats this year but his team seems to be falling apart at the wrong time and if they miss the playoffs he doesn't have a shot at the MVP ... if the Falcons manage to hang on to win their division I could see him also receiving more votes than Stafford from a clueless media.

JAMEIS WINSTON: It's all about the playoffs ... if Jameis gets the Bucs in the playoffs he should easily finish in the top 10 of MVP voting and if he doesn't he won't ... if the Bucs actually manage to win their division outright Jameis should be a top 5 candidate as no one is doing "more with less" than Jaboo.

TOM BRADY: It wouldn't shock me to see Brady win the MVP this year but he doesn't deserve it. I don't care how good his stats are; anyone that missed a full 25% of the season does not deserve to be the MVP, period.

DEREK CARR: Carr seems to be a media darling ... but ... I don't personally view him as a legit MVP, at least not yet. He's playing on a loaded team unlike guys like Stafford, Jameis and Rodgers and yet, it looks like the Raiders will slip to the 5th seed in the AFC after getting smacked by the Chiefs for the second time this year, thanks to a horrible performance from Carr on the big stage of Monday Night Football. Bad optics means less MVP votes ...

VON MILLER: Von is the one and only defender that I think deserves and will receive at least a couple MVP votes.

DALLAS COWBOYS OFFENSIVE LINE: Personally I would be shocked and disgusted if the media actually gave the MVP award to a "group" of players rather than one individual player, but if they think such is do-able, than the Boys offensive line is certainly deserving, no doubt about that!

Andrew Luck / Marcus Mariota: If either of these players can lead their teams to a division title, I believe they will get some votes ... I just don't see that happening as I still think the Texans will win that horrible division ...

MY PREDICTIONS:

Winner: Ezekiel Elliot - I believe the Boys will earn the #1 seed in the NFC and that voters will believe voting for Zeke is also like casting a vote for the Boys offensive line ... and the kid wins it ... even though he should not.

Runner-Up: Tom Brady
    - I wouldn't have him in my top 10 personally as he missed 25% of the year and his team won 75% of the games he missed, but, I do think the Pats end up with the #1 seed in the AFC and that Brady's stats are so good the media will give him enough votes to finish as the runner-up

3rd Place: Dak Prescott
    - Personally I think he will deserve the MVP more than Zeke, but that neither will actually deserve to win it over a QB who did "more with less" like Stafford, Rodgers and even Jameis ... but I do think the media is having a love affair with the Cowboys this year and that Dak will finish 3rd.

4th Place: Aaron Rodgers
    - I have a feeling that the Packers are going to come back and steal the division from the Lions, and if that happens, A-Rod will deserve higher than a 4th place finish, but will get 4th imo.

5th Place: Russell Wilson - I believe the Seahawks will earn the #2 seed in the NFC and that Russ will get enough votes to finish in 5th, though he won't be deserving of such a high finish.

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

I collect true 1/1 autographed RCs of Jameis Winston with my son Hidden Content

We champions ... through everything that we went through, through all the haters ... we came out victorious. And God did this. I’m so blessed.
    – Jameis Winston, after winning BCS National Championship game

Think Ezekiel will win it personally. I do think Khalil Mack should get some votes too.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I AM ONLY ABLE TO SHIP ON SATURDAYS

Quote Originally Posted by Rdaveigajr View Post
    Think Ezekiel will win it personally. I do think Khalil Mack should get some votes too.
    I wouldn't mind seeing Mack get some votes as well as he's a madman out there and very important to their success.

We champions ... through everything that we went through, through all the haters ... we came out victorious. And God did this. I’m so blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by bouddddyyy21 View Post
    David Johnson....
    DJ is a bad man ... but the Cardinals record kills his chances, even though team success should have little to do with individual awards.

Dak Prescott probably lost him some MVP votes with that game yesterday. I still think now is too early to pick a winner since a few guys can still win in this season.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Dak Prescott probably lost him some MVP votes with that game yesterday. I still think now is too early to pick a winner since a few guys can still win in this season.
    I think David Carr is out and Dak may be too, as in his worst, Zeke played well ...

Rodgers could easily get back into it if they win their division and it's still an open race.

Brady missed 4 games, so he is out.
    E-Z-E will win it :)
    Looking for ROOKIE cards of the following:
    Carlos Correa & Jose Altuve & Lebron James, Russell Westbrook, & James Harden
    Aaron Rodgers, Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliott, Russell Wilson, Antonio Brown & J. J. Watt
    & Tyler Seguin, Jamie Benn, Jonathan Toews, & Patrick Kane

phtotbucket --> Hidden Content

I think zeke WILL win it even though Brady deserves it. I agree with others that he probably won't win because there are those voters that say he missed 4 games so shouldn't qualify although Montana won it one year when he missed three games. I don't think that one extra game should mean much if your playing at an elite level. The hard part of about zeke is that he plays behind a great offensive line. An offensive line that helped Demarco Murray lead the league in rushing. Also Dak was at one point arguably in the same MVP conversation. If there is another guy on the SAME team being mentioned in a MVP race it kind of hurts how good your accomplishment is. None of the other MVP choices have that issue. Again my vote goes to Brady but I think the voters may go with zeke.

Tom Brady is still in the running for the MVP because nobody else is really taking it away. Even if Dak didn't have a bad game he would still be splitting votes with EZE and Brady was suspended so in theory the award is ripe for the taking for somebody from the next tier. But those guys have basically faded though a few dark horse candidates still remain. I'll stay with my earlier prediction in that this thing will come down to the last week of the season before we see a clear favorite for the MVP award.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast