Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question, or maybe a small rant..

Why does UD keep putting the same game used players cards in UD1 every year. Granted there are some players in new jerseys because they were traded but it is the same players year after year. At least series 2 has rookie materials but even that is now 1 in 48 packs. Come on UD give us some new players in series 1.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Check out my trade thread here: Hidden Content

Well at least I haven't hit a Glen Murray Jersey.......yet.

Traders:Hidden Content

Wantlist:Hidden Content

The want list at this link features what I need of Giroux, Couturier, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous set. If you have nothing from it I will consider CFL cards, current Senators, Carey Price, Guy Lafleur, Patrick Roy (Habs), vintage hockey (pre 1970) and trade bait.

Thanks and Happy Trading.

Quote Originally Posted by piper1 View Post
    Well at least I haven't hit a Glen Murray Jersey.......yet.
    I have felt that pain many, many, many, many times as well.

Collecting Players from Newfoundland & Labrador, NHL, WHA, AHL, Junior, & Euro Leagues. Also collecting 90-91 UD buybacks, & tributes.
    Bucket: Emptied out as Photobucket are money grubbers with ridiculous rates any professional company would find outrageous, let alone private users.

4. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    The problem for UD is that they're only able to request 3-5 jerseys per team per year, and they're not guaranteed to receive those. If you're them, and you want to get bang for your buck, you're not asking for Paul Byron so that you can have something different.

Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 241 Unique Cards + 14 1/1's!!!

2018-19 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Brendan Gallagher, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content

So Event worn jerseys might account for 2-4 of those 3-5 jerseys?

I'd like to see Paul Byron included. I'm sure I'm in the minority on that one, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cunnuc View Post
    So Event worn jerseys might account for 2-4 of those 3-5 jerseys?
    Maybe, but maybe not. Event Worn Jerseys are usually from their very own Upper Deck sponsored events and/or appearances (Think UD Rookie Showcase, NHL Draft, etc) and the Game Worn 3-5 jerseys per team are probably a separate agreement with the NHL for official game-used stuff.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

Ah yes, come to think of it I believe I saw some Upper Deck logos at the last event I watched. Which could have been last years draft, I can't remember. Don't usually watch that kind of stuff.

Wasn't at all aware this was the method used to acquire jerseys. That's too bad. I thought they may be able to acquire specific jerseys of.. let's say a historic game of a certain player.

Ah yes, come to think of it I believe I saw some Upper Deck logos at the last event I watched. Which could have been last years draft, I can't remember. Don't usually watch that kind of stuff.

Wasn't at all aware this was the method used to acquire jerseys. That's too bad. I thought they may be able to acquire specific jerseys of.. let's say a historic game of a certain player.
    If I'm not mistaken they did just that. I believe they acquired both a Pacioretty and Price jersey from the Heritage Classic in Calgary a few years back. The did not, in any way, specify on the cards this was the case, however. That was a missed opportunity I feel. They did this again for 2015-16 Premier with Winter Classic jerseys, These cards had the Winter Classic logo on them. Even though the description on the back was their typical canned "used in an official NHL game", it was obvious where they came from.

For specific jerseys, I'm sure they employ Buyers to go out and supply them with authentic game-worn memorabilia to bring in more inventory aside from their sponsored events and deals with the NHL. So while I'm sure they have a budget in mind when trying to obtain historic or special GU jerseys, they probably can't guarantee much else because there might be a lot of competition from outside bidders from private collectors for these types of unique game-worn memorabilia. (example: Heritage/Stadium Classic jerseys) While they would like to acquire a bunch, they might only have room in the budget for a select few.

I remember those Carey Price Heritage Classic patches in UD Premier. Those were beyond epic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast