Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poll: Who is the GOAT QB?

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Again I have done my research and can give you links to every person that endorsed Tom brady as the Goat including Deion so don't go there!!! But I won't bother since you basically have said NOBODY's opinion matters but Montana and Montana didn't even say Otto. He said he would have trouble picking anyone. Get your facts straight.

And I noticed you didn't stay fixed on the Bullcrap AAFC stats for Otto. So I guess I PROVED SOMETHING TO YOU. As I said all along. You were arguing for the longest time about 7 titles etc etc. Hopefully you see. YOU WERE WRONG!!!

And to that extent I love how you want to start using Otto's 6 yr career. Wow. 6 yrs. And even so. All the stats and figures you mention. Sound like Peyton Manning. Otto has 3 titles. Brady has 5. Otto take a seat. Brady is the Goat. Even Aaron Rodgers has now called Brady the GOAT!!! Haha. Discussion over! Sit down!! LOL. And by the way I would have Montana ahead of Otto too. Montana has 4 titles. So you can call me a homer but my issue is with those that have Montana ahead of Brady. Otto ahead of both is just silly and that is not being a homer since I would put Montana ahead of Otto. Otto Graham. Seriously...

You are a Brady homer and that's fine but you have a bias and it clouds your judgment, period.

Brady has a ton of HOF backers calling him the best. A list that includes HOF QB's Aikman, Warner, Tarkenton, Bradshaw, Kelly and Namath to name a few. Nevermind all the other positional players that agree as well. Ray Lewis, Barry Sanders, Deion Sanders and so many more I could spend all day doing this but that's right. Your opinion is just that. Your opinion. I will go with the experts that actually played the game. Stay with your opinion.

People always get caught up in the moment. However I don't think your list is accurate either as I specifically heard Deion say that he does not consider Brady the GOAT on the NFL network. I also don't recall quite a few of the players you mentioned every saying Brady was the GOAT. Regardless, I'd value Joe Montana's opinion more so than everyone you just named above as Joe is the only one on the list that is considered by many to actually be the GOAT QB ... and he isn't buying Brady as the GOAT QB.

Of course it was.

And yet he was named FIRST TEAM ALL-PRO in four of his 6 NFL seasons ... Brady has just TWO 1st team all-pros in 17 years! That alone is proof positive that Otto was more dominant in his era than Brady was n his and that's the only thing you can compare when you compare players from different eras.

Good job deflecting ... however that is childish in an adult debate. You refuse to even touch on any of the actual facts I raise and continue to use dishonest debate tactics. It's sort of silly unless you're just trying to convince yourself that you're smart as I will certainly not fall for such straw man arguments and I doubt anyone reading this thread will either.

The FACTS are:

Otto led his NFL team to the title game EVERY SINGLE YEAR, 100% of the time ... Brady has done so just 41% of the time

Otto led his NFL team to a "ring" in 33% of the years he played in the NFL ... Brady has done so 29% of the time

Otto earned 1st team all-pro status in 67% of the years he played in the NFL ... Brady has done so just 12% of the time

Otto earned the MVP in 50% of the years he played in the NFL ... Brady has done so just 12% of the time

The facts are that Otto was a better "winner" of conference titles, better "winner" of actual championships, and a more dominant individual player in regards to MVP's and 1st team all-pros than Tom Brady. Otto's NFL-ONLY resume puts Brady's to shame, period. Anyone that doesn't recognize this is simply either ignorant of history or a Brady homer ... and yes, that includes many modern and former NFL players, as many of them are not students of NFL history and may not have a clue who Otto Graham even is.

Most NFL fans probably don't know who Otto is ... same with basketball fans and George Mikan or hockey fans and Rocket Richard ... many sports fans are completely ignorant of the history behind the sport and are just wrapped up in the here and now which is why so many NFL fans trumpet Brady and NBA fans trumpet LeBron ... ignorance.

As for baseball ... have fun. Baseball bores me to death and basically the only game I'll force myself to watch would be a game 7 of a World Series and even then, only if I have interest in some player or team. I don't watch baseball, hockey oor golf ... I'm pretty much strictly about football and basketball ... unless it's something historic like the aforementioned WS Game 7 or a Stanley Cup Game 7 or a World Cup title game or something like that ...
    [/QUOTE]

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Again I have done my research and can give you links to every person that endorsed Tom brady as the Goat including Deion so don't go there!!! But I won't bother since you basically have said NOBODY's opinion matters but Montana and Montana didn't even say Otto. He said he would have trouble picking anyone. Get your facts straight.

Montana's opinion doesn't even matter to me ... it just matters to me more than the guy's you named. I'm not a crowd follower and could care the less what "popular opinion" is in any area.

And I noticed you didn't stay fixed on the Bullcrap AAFC stats for Otto. So I guess I PROVED SOMETHING TO YOU. As I said all along. You were arguing for the longest time about 7 titles etc etc. Hopefully you see. YOU WERE WRONG!!!

No, of course I don't agree with you on that as Otto won a title in the AAFC and then the very next year led that same AAFC team to the NFL title. I simply also know that even if one ONLY looks at what Brady and Otto each did in the NFL alone, OTTO'S RESUME STILL OBLITERATES BRADY'S!!!

And to that extent I love how you want to start using Otto's 6 yr career. Wow. 6 yrs. And even so. All the stats and figures you mention. Sound like Peyton Manning. Otto has 3 titles. Brady has 5. Otto take a seat. Brady is the Goat.

Otto accomplished far more in those measly 6 years than Brady has in 17 ... you can say whatever you want, the truth is irrefutable ... Brady's resume is far, far, far less impressive than Otto's, period.

Even Aaron Rodgers has now called Brady the GOAT!!! Haha. Discussion over! Sit down!! LOL.

Are you serious? Who cares what Aaron Rodgers thinks? Not me and you shouldn't either ... his opinion is meaningless.

The whole world could think Brady's the GOAT and that still wouldn't matter as Otto accomplished far more in just 6 years (when he was way past his prime) than Brady has in 17 years ... that is a fact whether you like it or not.

And by the way I would have Montana ahead of Otto too. Montana has 4 titles. So you can call me a homer but my issue is with those that have Montana ahead of Brady. Otto ahead of both is just silly and that is not being a homer since I would put Montana ahead of Otto. Otto Graham. Seriously...

I don't value your opinion at all, but you can still hold an opinion as everyone does ... just don't expect me to find it credible or valid in any way, shape or form, as I believe it's based on ignorance and homerism and has no basis in reality.

Again ...

The FACTS are:

Otto led his NFL team to the title game EVERY SINGLE YEAR, 100% of the time ... Brady has done so just 41% of the time

Otto led his NFL team to a "ring" in 33% of the years he played in the NFL ... Brady has done so 29% of the time

Otto earned 1st team all-pro status in 67% of the years he played in the NFL ... Brady has done so just 12% of the time

Otto earned the MVP in 50% of the years he played in the NFL ... Brady has done so just 12% of the time

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

You left out the most important fact. Brady has more titles than anyone!! FACT!!!! I love how you use the percents too..Haha. Yes try to do whatever you can to make your point. It is meaningless. So because brady has had a longer career he should be penalized for it...LOL. Ya Bo Jackson was great but didn't have the career. Not the same. And I love how you try to multiply the years like IF Otto would have played as long he would have had so many championships and mvps. Talk about little kid math..LOL...so if brady would have quit after winning 3 titles in 4 years he would be the greatest. Hahahahahaha. What a moronic statement..I have to laugh.

Montana's opinion doesn't even matter to me ... it just matters to me more than the guy's you named. I'm not a crowd follower and could care the less what "popular opinion" is in any area.

No, of course I don't agree with you on that as Otto won a title in the AAFC and then the very next year led that same AAFC team to the NFL title. I simply also know that even if one ONLY looks at what Brady and Otto each did in the NFL alone, OTTO'S RESUME STILL OBLITERATES BRADY'S!!!

Otto accomplished far more in those measly 6 years than Brady has in 17 ... you can say whatever you want, the truth is irrefutable ... Brady's resume is far, far, far less impressive than Otto's, period.

Are you serious? Who cares what Aaron Rodgers thinks? Not me and you shouldn't either ... his opinion is meaningless.

The whole world could think Brady's the GOAT and that still wouldn't matter as Otto accomplished far more in just 6 years (when he was way past his prime) than Brady has in 17 years ... that is a fact whether you like it or not.

I don't value your opinion at all, but you can still hold an opinion as everyone does ... just don't expect me to find it credible or valid in any way, shape or form, as I believe it's based on ignorance and homerism and has no basis in reality.

Again ...

The FACTS are:

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

You left out the most important fact. Brady has more titles than anyone!! FACT!!!!

No, Otto has SEVEN titles, Brady has 5 ... and again, no individual player has ever won a ring, the TEAM that said individual player played on won a ring. Tom Brady did not win 5 rings, the Patriots organization won 5 rings and Brady happened to be one of the 53 players on the roster.

Regardless, even if you foolishly discount Otto's AAFC days, him winning 2 rings and 6 conference titles n 6 NFL seasons, all in his later years when he was past his prime, is still far more impressive than Brady winning 5 rings and 7 conference titles in 17 years ... unless you are one of those people who feel a guy like Terrell Davis should be lower on a GOAT RB list than an obviously less dominant RB who simply had more longevity and experienced more overall "team" success such as Rocky Bleier.

I love how you use the percents too..Haha. Yes try to do whatever you can to make your point. It is meaningless.

Accept it's not ... unless you think a guy like Rocky Bleier is more deserving of the HOF than Terrell Davis ... or perhaps a receiver like John Taylor is more worthy than Randy Moss ... and you don't ... obviously.

So because brady has had a longer career he should be penalized for it...LOL.

Even with Brady's much, much, much longer career, his resume still pales in comparison to Otto's ... I mean, come on man, have some common sense ... OTTO NEVER failed to advance to the NFL title game and was a 4 time 1st team all-pro is six years ... Brady has missed the title game 10 times in 17 years and has NOT been named 1st team all-pro 15 times in 17 years.

Again ... try to debate Brady v. Montana and Manning and leave Otto alone as you cannot win that debate ... Brady just doesn't measure up to Otto.

Ya Bo Jackson was great but didn't have the career. Not the same.

Terrell Davis is a proper comparison, not Bo Jackson ... debate honestly.

And I love how you try to multiply the years like IF Otto would have played as long he would have had so many championships and mvps.

Um, yes, that's exactly what most likely would have happened as Otto had his insanely amazing NFL success mostly when he was far past his prime! Duh ... and again, it is a FACT that the very first season Otto and the Browns were merged into the NFL ... they killed it and won the title!!!!!

Talk about little kid math..LOL...so if brady would have quit after winning 3 titles in 4 years he would be the greatest. Hahahahahaha. What a moronic statement..I have to laugh.

Brady hadn't won a single MVP at that time, hadn't been named a 1st team all-pro even once yet, and even then, he had advanced to 3 title games in 5 seasons ... still a far cry from 6 title games appearances in 6 years like Otto!

I've said Brady is the NFL's Bill Russell and that's a great legacy but the reason he isn't viewed as the NFL's Michael Jordan, aside from his two choke-job SB losses to Eli Manning and the Giants, is because Manning was always viewed as the "better" QB and now Rodgers is widely viewed as being "better" than Brady. Brady's considered the better "winner" and has the team success to back t up, but he's never been viewed as the "best". That is identical to Russell who was always considered the best winner but never to actually be "better" than Chamberlain. Jordan on the other hand was considered both, the perfect "winner" and the man, the best player on the planet.

That was Otto! Otto didn't just lead his team to a title EVERY SINGLE YEAR HE PLAYED and retire with the highest winning percentage in history (a record that still stands 60 years later), but he also was named NFL MVP 50% of the years he played and 1st team all-pro in 67% of the years he played ... Otto was both the greatest winner and "the man", the "best" QB on the planet.

Like I said ... stick to trying to prove Brady tops Montana and Manning as you just sound ignorant and homerish trying to elevate Brady above Otto.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

And come on be honest. You say Otto lead his team to a title EVERY SINGLE YEAR? What title is that? Divison titles? STOP MAKING STUFF UP!!! Your good at that I give you that!! You can call me a homer but the very fact that I have already showed you with PROOF that Otto's numbers are not the same in one league as another as is shown by his OBVIOUS DISCREPENCIES in the differences of the two leagues and the fact that you STILL want to give him credit for the title he won in the lower league makes your opinion not credible. You have been shown the evidence and proof of an inferior league yet you want to value the title won in it. LOL. Sad Sad thinking.

And your argument of the career vs a great short period of time is wrong as well. It is not just the length but what you do in it! Brady has won two titles in the last three years very late age wise as well. So it is not just the length but what you did in that length. Most people would argue it is actually EASIER to get to the title game repeatedly in a short period of time since you have the same team basically. The 2016 Patriots had 38 players that were not on the previous SB team just two years earlier and some like Gronk that are still on the team DIDN'T EVEN PLAY.

Lastly and I think most importantly your argument of championships team wins or individual wins. Your take that they are JUST TEAM WINS are what makes all your arguments fall flat. Just as any individual MVP award is really based on the team performance. You can't throw 50 TD passes if no one catches them!!!!!! They are a product of your team and every person that wins an INDIVIDUAL award; the first thing he does is THANKS HIS TEAM because without them they couldn't achieve those awards!!! All you care about is Individual achievement which actually makes me think you see things very very selfishly. You see the tree but not the forest. You started a poll about the Greatest QB of all time. In reality you never really cared about the results. You only care about what you believe. I could ask you to create a poll about whether winning championships is important to an overall career in judging greatest but it doesn't matter. You have a very very narrow view on what YOU think is great. You make fun and basically crap on the results of your very own poll because nobody knows better than you do and polls don't matter. Haha. Can't wait to see the next poll where you have a view which contradicts absolutely everybody else yet they are wrong and you are right!! Haha. You may not say your a hater but you have hater tendencies!!!

On a side note. I know you collect Winston but honestly I hope that guy has a ™™™™ty career. He is an absolute moron. I take pleasure in hoping he never wins another game. He is what kids should aspire not to be. A person who things the world revolves around themselves. Tries to say the right things on camera when in reality he is someone different off it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

And come on be honest. You say Otto lead his team to a title EVERY SINGLE YEAR? What title is that? Divison titles? STOP MAKING STUFF UP!!! Your good at that I give you that!!

What? Otto led his team to THE Title game every year he ever played as well as 6 straight NFL title games and he won 7 titles ... again, you make yourself look foolish by trying to elevate Brady above Otto ... Otto's resume is just far more impressive than Tom's is.

You can call me a homer but the very fact that I have already showed you with PROOF that Otto's numbers are not the same in one league as another as is shown by his OBVIOUS DISCREPENCIES in the differences of the two leagues and the fact that you STILL want to give him credit for the title he won in the lower league makes your opinion not credible. You have been shown the evidence and proof of an inferior league yet you want to value the title won in it. LOL. Sad Sad thinking.

I already said that even if you just throw out all of Otto's AAFC accomplishments, his NFL-Only resume is still far, far more impressive than Tom Brady's ... what don't you get about that?

Otto has MORE 1st team all-pros and MORE MVP's in the NFL-Only than Brady does, despite playing 11 less years ... he also led his team to just as many title games as Brady despite playing 11 less years.

Debate Brady v Montana and Manning if you want but forget Otto as Brady's resume just doesn't stack up.

And your argument of the career vs a great short period of time is wrong as well. It is not just the length but what you do in it! Brady has won two titles in the last three years very late age wise as well. So it is not just the length but what you did in that length.

Obviously ... and Brady has LESS MVP's and LESS 1st team all-pros than Otto despite playing 11 more years ... his resume just does not compare to Otto's ... deal with it.

Most people would argue it is actually EASIER to get to the title game repeatedly in a short period of time since you have the same team basically. The 2016 Patriots had 38 players that were not on the previous SB team just two years earlier and some like Gronk that are still on the team DIDN'T EVEN PLAY.

Brady hasn't advanced to even one more title game than Otto even though he has played 11 more years ... deal with it.

Lastly and I think most importantly your argument of championships team wins or individual wins. Your take that they are JUST TEAM WINS are what makes all your arguments fall flat. Just as any individual MVP award is really based on the team performance. You can't throw 50 TD passes if no one catches them!!!!!! They are a product of your team and every person that wins an INDIVIDUAL award; the first thing he does is THANKS HIS TEAM because without them they couldn't achieve those awards!!! All you care about is Individual achievement which actually makes me think you see things very very selfishly. You see the tree but not the forest.

Otto has better individual AND team accomplishments than Brady despite playing far fewer years ... deal with it.

You are the one that vacillates and can't seem to decide which accomplishments to focus on. You want to put Brady ahead of Manning because he has experienced more "team success" even though his individual accomplishments don't measure up to Peyton at all ... you then want to put Brady ahead of Montana because of stats when in truth Montana has more 1st team all-pros and just as many MVP's ... you can try to make those cases and have some strong points, but you have no case at all against Otto as he had better team AND individual accomplishments than Brady ... despite a far shorter career ... deal with it.

You started a poll about the Greatest QB of all time. In reality you never really cared about the results. You only care about what you believe.

Of course that is true. Why would I care what you or anyone else thinks? I was hoping someone would be interesting and a decent debate would break out and thanks to you, that happened, but no, I certainly don't actually care what you think as I value my own opinion more.

I could ask you to create a poll about whether winning championships is important to an overall career in judging greatest but it doesn't matter.

It doesn't mean much but it can mean something ...

You have a very very narrow view on what YOU think is great.

Someone who has Otto and Manning in his top 4 for GOAT is the opposite of having a "very narrow view" ... someone who resorts to all manner of dishonest debating to try and prove Brady tops everyone no matter what out of some weird emotional attachment to Brady is the one with the "very narrow view".

You make fun and basically crap on the results of your very own poll because nobody knows better than you do and polls don't matter. Haha.

I don't and never did care about the results of the "poll" ... I was just hoping for a fun debate ... do you really expect me to actually value your opinion because I certainly do not.

Can't wait to see the next poll where you have a view which contradicts absolutely everybody else yet they are wrong and you are right!! Haha.

Right is right ... popular opinion means nothing ... and I believe I am right, period.

You may not say your a hater but you have hater tendencies!!!

That's a childish statement. If I had Brady ranked below Troy Aikman you could call me a hater but to rank him below Otto ... just doesn't work.

On a side note. I know you collect Winston but honestly I hope that guy has a ™™™™ty career.

Classy. I on the other hand don't wish a bad career on any one, not one single player.

He is an absolute moron.

Now that is a "hater" comment. He's a wonderful young man, does a ton of charity work, has an amazing work ethic, is adored by his teammates and coaches, is all about the "team" etc.,. He is everything that's right with young QB's today.

I take pleasure in hoping he never wins another game.

I wouldn't take pleasure in that no matter who the player was and such a statement shows your character, or lack of character I should say.

He is what kids should aspire not to be. A person who things the world revolves around themselves. Tries to say the right things on camera when in reality he is someone different off it.

What are you talking about? His teammates and coaches adore him and always have and he is an extremely, extremely selfless individual which is rare in an age where nearly all great young players are massive divas and all about "stats" and "cash". I will take it that you are clearly speaking from ignorance on Jameis just as you have done on the GOAT, Otto Graham.

By the way, Logan Mankins, who played with Tom Brady for many years compared Jameis to Brady during Jameis' rookie year, a year in which he became the locker-room leader while he was still just 21 years old and changed the entire culture of an abysmal franchise.

Bucs GM Jason Licht who also worked for the Patriots for 4 years and is spoken of very highly by Robert Craft has also compared Jameis to Tom Brady himself.

Also, Stephen Morris, who was a backup on the Patriots has compared Jameis to Tom Brady as well.

I personally know many Patriots fans and even Tom Brady sports card investors that are now huge fans of Jameis and investing in Jameis cards as they see him as the "next Brady" similar to how many I knew saw Kobe as the "next Jordan".

Anyways, Jameis is all about the team and "family". In fact, as a 15 year old he won "team MVP" of his high school team and was to be presented with the award at an awards banquet however he declined the award and told his coach to give it t a senior on the team ... what 15 year old does something like that? That is incredible and showed what sort of heart Jameis had, as a mere 15 year old kid!

During last year's draft there was a report that Jameis offered to give back some of his cheap rookie year contract money if it would help the Jags trade up and draft Jalen Ramsey who would obviously command a bigger contract than Vernon Hargreaves who they ended up drafting.

It would not surprise me at all to see Jameis "pull a Brady" many times during his career and "restructure" his contracts to save Tampa money so they can sign other players. While he's always been a prodigy and "the man" and individual awards have always come easy to him (youngest Heisman ever, youngest day 1 starting QB to win an NCAA title ever, youngest NFL Pro Bowl QB ever, youngest QB to 8k passing yards and 50 TD's, only QB in NFL history to start his career with back-to-back 4k seasons, etc), he's never cared about stats and has always been about "team".

Also ... Jameis himself has spoken glowingly of Brady and I believe said he considers Brady the GOAT, so believe me, even if I was a Brady-hater which I'm certainly not, that would mean something to me.

Anyways ... if you want to hate on Jameis and wish him ill, that is your prerogative but those individuals (Licht, Mankins, Morris) who have known both Tom and Jameis seem to love both players and think Jameis is on track to be the next Brady and a lot of collectors/investors I know tend to agree, so you may want to re-examine your thoughts on Jameis, as you know as well as I do that both Jameis and Brady are two of the four "most hated" QB's in the league ... in fact I think Brady was #2 and Jameis was #3 in a major poll, and it's because both players are looked at as "great" enough to be jealous of (Brady with his rings and being in the GOAT discussion and Jameis with his insanely amazing college career and record start to his NFL career) and because they also are controversial (Brady with his history of scandals and his connection to what many consider to be a racist and illegitimate POTUS and Jameis with the past allegations he had and his overtly Biblical beliefs [check his Twitter page for confirmation of this as he literally tweets like he's a Christian preacher]).

Honestly, I love Brady and Jameis for many of the same reasons! I think both are extremely dedicated to their craft, have insane work-ethics, are all about the "team" and winning, are headstrong and extremely confident, won't back down in any situation or to anybody, etc.,.

That I don't put Brady #1 on my GOAT list is not a slight to him. I love Jameis but I'd be the first to say that Marino had a better 2nd season (though he was older) and that Dak had a better rookie season (though he was also far older and had a far better supporting cast) and likewise just because I admit that Otto has a better resume than Brady or that I consider Montana's perfect 4-for-4 in SB's (with no interceptions to boot) as elevating him above Brady or that I am more impressed with Manning's overall dominance and the way he led 4 coaches to the SB than I am with Brady ... is not a light on Brady at all.

I LOVE TOM BRADY, AND FOR MANY OF THE EXACT SAME REASONS I LOVE JAMEIS!
    Last edited by Jameis1of1; 02-26-2017 at 11:27 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Number one for me wishing ill on Winston doesn't mean I want him to die. LOL It just means I don't see him as the alter boy you see him as. He has had to many judgment mistakes that I would have to say there is something that isn't right there. Everyone makes mistakes but you make a mistake once and you learn from it. He has had issue after issue after issue in College. Who is to say the stuff he DIDN'T get caught doing. He grabs me as the typical "I'm a football star and I can do whatever I want". You listed all the things he did that was so "good". How about a list of things that are not so good?

Nov. 25, 2012: A woman calls 911 to report that there are two men on a bike path on the Florida State University campus with what appears to be a black, long-barreled pistol. Police respond and draw their guns as they approach Jameis Winston and his roommate and teammate, Chris Casher, and ultimately handcuff them. The two tell the officer they were shooting at squirrels with a pellet gun, and they are released without charges being filed.

- I assume they were not going to eat the squirrels so I guess they were just shooting for the fun of it. Morons...

Nov. 25, 2012: A few hours after the incident on the bike path, Winston, Casher and two other Florida State players, Mario Edwards and Kenneth “P.J.” Williams, allegedly engage in a BB- and pellet-gun battle at their apartment house, inflicting an estimated $4,000 in damage. Management at the apartment house declines to press criminal charges after an FSU athletic official vows that the players will pay for the damage.

-More moronic behavior. Grow up. Players thinking they can do whatever they want. Some leader.

Dec. 7, 2012: Winston is accused of raping a woman at his off-campus apartment. The woman reports the assault to police that day and five weeks later calls a detective and identifies Winston as her attacker after seeing him in a class. Tallahassee police drop the investigation, contending the woman has refused to cooperate, then revive it nine months later and sent it to State Attorney Willie Meggs. Meggs conducts a new investigation but concludes that there is not enough evidence to file criminal charges. Winston’s lawyer contends the sexual encounter was consensual. The U.S. Department of Education later launches a federal investigation of the school’s handling of the incident after questions arise about whether Florida State followed the provisions of Title IX, and in August 2014 the school launches an investigation of Winston under the student code of conduct.

-Winston settles lawsuit. Don't worry I am sure this is the last incident he will ever have. I am sure this put a scare into him and he learned a valuable lesson..LOL

July 21, 2013: Winston is accused of entering a Burger King in Tallahassee and helping himself to soda from the fountain machine without paying for it. A restaurant employee later tells police she gave Winston a cup of water but that he poured the water out and helped himself to several cups of soda despite her objections. No charges are filed

-Despite her objections? Doesn't she know who he is? He is Jameis Winston. LOL

April 29, 2014: Winston is accused of stealing $32.72 worth of crab legs from a Tallahassee supermarket. He is given a civil citation that allows him to perform community service and is suspended from the FSU baseball team until he completes that work. Winston tells police he “forgot” to pay for the crab legs and publicly apologizes.

-Yes I always forget to pay for stuff. Oh wait they didn't buy that? Tell them someone in the store said they would pay for it. Too bad an investigation proved that to be false. There are other reports as well that this was not the first time either but it had happened multiple times.

May 20, 2014: Winston is expected at a code-of-conduct hearing for Chris Casher and Ronald Darby, two FSU teammates who alleged the witnessed a portion of the sexual encounter involving the quarterback and the woman who accused him of rape. They are both accused of violating school rules. Winston does not show up for the hearing, and his lawyer contends that no one from the school ever asked him to be there – something that is disputed by attorneys involved in the process. However, FSU officials later acknowledge that they have no way to force a witness to attend a code-of-conduct hearing.

Sept. 16, 2014: Winston is seen by several students jumping up on a table on campus and screaming a sexually charged expletive-laced phrase that was made popular on the internet. FSU head football coach Jimbo Fisher suspends Winston for the first half of the team’s upcoming game with Clemson, and school officials vow that he will be subject to “internal discipline” – most likely under the school’s code of conduct. Winston apologizes

-Ya no first half game for you!!! But we need you so get out there in the 2nd half and do your stuff...LOL

Other issues. Oct 2014 Winston autograph signing controversy. Website lists over 2,000 signed autos of Winston. Same company that Todd Gurley got in trouble for as he was compensated for the autos. And some people will say but Winston signs a bunch of stuff for people. The issue is many of these items are sequentially numbered meaning it was more than likely a sit down event. Now getting paid for your autograph is fine when your a pro but guess what Winston your not when you did this. There was no proof but I would say the evidence is very damaging. Definitely a lot of smoke here.

Now most recently Winston is in trouble and has had to apologize for telling girls to sit down and be quiet in a classroom. That girls should be soft spoken. Come on Jameis. What year is this? Treat everyone equally. Uggg. Well they never said Jameis was the smartest individual in the world. And to think of all the things we DON'T know about him. LOL.. Sorry but there are a ton of QB's a rather root for other than him. Not hoping he gets hurt like I said earlier but hope he never wins another game. Believe me he will show his true colors soon enough.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can see why many would think Brady is the GOAT with 5 rings...but we all know the last 2 he won really should not have happened.
    I haven't watched a football game since the Seattle/Pats rigged SB.I do however scoreboard watch.I find it very convenient for the Pats that Atlanta decides to pass the ball 2nd and 11 on Pats 22 yr line under 4 mins in the game.Two run plays and bring in Bryant who can nail a 50 yarder in his sleep and its an 11 pt lead with under 3 mins to play,of course with running the clock down on each down.I don't feel comfortable putting Brady as #1...too much baggage.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Number one for me wishing ill on Winston doesn't mean I want him to die. LOL It just means I don't see him as the alter boy you see him as.

Altar boy? Really. Nobody is an "altar boy" in the way you mean it including Winston ... and Brady (left Bridgette Moynahan with a child so he could shack up with Giselle, Spygate, Deflategate, ties to Trump, though I have no issue whatsoever with the latter). However, I certainly wouldn't put either Jameis or Brady in a class with all-time great players but perhaps horrible people like Lawrence Taylor, Warren Sapp, OJ Simpson, etc.,.

He has had to many judgment mistakes that I would have to say there is something that isn't right there. Everyone makes mistakes but you make a mistake once and you learn from it. He has had issue after issue after issue in College. Who is to say the stuff he DIDN'T get caught doing. He grabs me as the typical "I'm a football star and I can do whatever I want". You listed all the things he did that was so "good". How about a list of things that are not so good?

Nov. 25, 2012: A woman calls 911 to report that there are two men on a bike path on the Florida State University campus with what appears to be a black, long-barreled pistol. Police respond and draw their guns as they approach Jameis Winston and his roommate and teammate, Chris Casher, and ultimately handcuff them. The two tell the officer they were shooting at squirrels with a pellet gun, and they are released without charges being filed.

The above is a non-issue ... I mean, really, who cares. Jameis is a Bama boy ... I grew up in a hunting, shooting family as well ... this wasn't an issue and as you mentioned no charges were even filed ... a complete non-issue.

- I assume they were not going to eat the squirrels so I guess they were just shooting for the fun of it. Morons...

You do realize a whole lot of people hunt that have no intention of "eating" what they shoot, right? Who cares? Regardless, no one was even charged so this is the epitome of a non-issue and certainly not a reason for you to wish ll on the young man.

Nov. 25, 2012:

A few hours after the incident on the bike path, Winston, Casher and two other Florida State players, Mario Edwards and Kenneth “P.J.” Williams, allegedly engage in a BB- and pellet-gun battle at their apartment house, inflicting an estimated $4,000 in damage. Management at the apartment house declines to press criminal charges after an FSU athletic official vows that the players will pay for the damage.

-More moronic behavior. Grow up. Players thinking they can do whatever they want. Some leader.

Again, no charges and apparently Jameis paid for it ... who cares, non-issue. By the way Jameis was a teenager in 2012 and was not even the QB of Florida State ... that was his freshman redshirt year, so, no, he wasn't a team "leader" yet, he was just a college frosh acting like a college frosh. Non-issue and certainly not a reason to wish ill on the young man.

Dec. 7, 2012:

Winston is accused of raping a woman at his off-campus apartment. The woman reports the assault to police that day and five weeks later calls a detective and identifies Winston as her attacker after seeing him in a class. Tallahassee police drop the investigation, contending the woman has refused to cooperate, then revive it nine months later and sent it to State Attorney Willie Meggs. Meggs conducts a new investigation but concludes that there is not enough evidence to file criminal charges. Winston’s lawyer contends the sexual encounter was consensual. The U.S. Department of Education later launches a federal investigation of the school’s handling of the incident after questions arise about whether Florida State followed the provisions of Title IX, and in August 2014 the school launches an investigation of Winston under the student code of conduct.

-Winston settles lawsuit. Don't worry I am sure this is the last incident he will ever have. I am sure this put a scare into him and he learned a valuable lesson..LOL

Jameis was never even charged with anything, let alone convicted. By the way, he sued the lady! Is that something a guilty person would do? Would any guilty person in their right mind sue their accuser and open themself up to the discovery process? NO WAY! Most athletes, even if absolutely innocent would just pay the lady to "go away" as doing so would be both cheaper in the long-run than a lengthy trial and better for their reputation as it allows the move on with their life faster. Jameis is the ONLY pro athlete I've ever heard of that sued his accuser and you and I both know there have been athletes accused of crimes and even convicted of crimes who were later found to be innocent, but even those athletes never sued their accuser ... Jameis' actions clearly are those of an innocent person.

And, on top of the above ... the lady even dropped her civil suit against Jameis! Are you kidding me?!? You know how much she could have got from him in a civil suit if she was actually telling the truth and had a case? After the charges were dropped Jameis' dad tweeted something to the effect of "the white devil didn't get a penny from us". Once again, those are clearly the actions of an innocent man.

Honestly the above reminds me of Brady ... and to be honest I only liked Brady a little bit before "DeflateGate" ... it was after Deflategate and after he sued the NFL and fought them in court when I really started liking Brady and having profound respect for him ... now of course he lost his case while Jameis never even had a case, was never charged and his accuser dropped even her $$$$ clam in civil court, but still, Brady earned some respect from me by fighting the NFL the way he did.

July 21, 2013:

Winston is accused of entering a Burger King in Tallahassee and helping himself to soda from the fountain machine without paying for it. A restaurant employee later tells police she gave Winston a cup of water but that he poured the water out and helped himself to several cups of soda despite her objections. No charges are filed

Really? Who cares. By the way 2013 was his freshman season in college ... and there are probably millions upon millions of people who have done things like that, many of whom are wonderful people ... a complete non-issue and certainly not a reason for you to wish ill on the young man.

April 29, 2014: Winston is accused of stealing $32.72 worth of crab legs from a Tallahassee supermarket. He is given a civil citation that allows him to perform community service and is suspended from the FSU baseball team until he completes that work. Winston tells police he “forgot” to pay for the crab legs and publicly apologizes.

-Yes I always forget to pay for stuff. Oh wait they didn't buy that? Tell them someone in the store said they would pay for it. Too bad an investigation proved that to be false. There are other reports as well that this was not the first time either but it had happened multiple times.

Oh, yet another issue he was never even "charged" for let alone convicted ... really? By the way, TMZ obtained the actual grocery store footage and you can watch the entire episode and see how Jameis was given the crab legs and then leisurly strolled oaround the store for quite some time with the crab legs in full view before walking out the front door ... it seems extremely obvious his buddy that worked their told him he'd take care of it as no one who is committing a theft would act in such an innocent and nonchalant way, they would conceal the "stolen" items, etc.,. Again, a complete non-issue and certainly not a reason to wish ill on the young man.

May 20, 2014:

Winston is expected at a code-of-conduct hearing for Chris Casher and Ronald Darby, two FSU teammates who alleged the witnessed a portion of the sexual encounter involving the quarterback and the woman who accused him of rape. They are both accused of violating school rules. Winston does not show up for the hearing, and his lawyer contends that no one from the school ever asked him to be there – something that is disputed by attorneys involved in the process. However, FSU officials later acknowledge that they have no way to force a witness to attend a code-of-conduct hearing.

I woulldn't have attended either, who cares?

Sept. 16, 2014:

Winston is seen by several students jumping up on a table on campus and screaming a sexually charged expletive-laced phrase that was made popular on the internet. FSU head football coach Jimbo Fisher suspends Winston for the first half of the team’s upcoming game with Clemson, and school officials vow that he will be subject to “internal discipline” – most likely under the school’s code of conduct. Winston apologizes

-Ya no first half game for you!!! But we need you so get out there in the 2nd half and do your stuff...LOL

Hahaha, screaming the internet meme, really? Come on man, don't be such a transparent judmental hypocrite as you know full well you probably said worse things just today and basically every day of your entire adult life than reapting an internet meme as a joke ... this is an absolute non-issue and just cracks me up to be honest as it's so patently absurd.

Other issues. Oct 2014 Winston autograph signing controversy. Website lists over 2,000 signed autos of Winston. Same company that Todd Gurley got in trouble for as he was compensated for the autos. And some people will say but Winston signs a bunch of stuff for people. The issue is many of these items are sequentially numbered meaning it was more than likely a sit down event. Now getting paid for your autograph is fine when your a pro but guess what Winston your not when you did this. There was no proof but I would say the evidence is very damaging. Definitely a lot of smoke here.

I hope he signed them and I hope he got paid as much $$$$ as he possibly could get ... the NCAA is partaking in legalized slavery and I despise it. Kudos to Gurley, Jameis and anyone else that bucks their sick system in my book! However, just for the record, once again, Jameis wasn't even charged with a minor infraction by the NCAA, they found in his favor, so yet again this s a complete non-issue and certainly not a reason to wish ill on the young man.

Now most recently Winston is in trouble and has had to apologize for telling girls to sit down and be quiet in a classroom. That girls should be soft spoken. Come on Jameis. What year is this? Treat everyone equally. Uggg.

Really? That whole thing was nonsense and was just a media-created narrative to sell papers and run with by other outlets as it's offseason. A ton of individuals, including many women came to Jameis' defense over this ... including Miko Grimes ... Miko Grimes! If there is one woman who is anything but silent and is a raging feminist, it's Miko ... and she said that not only did Jameis do nothing wrong but that he shouldn't even have apologized as it was all nonsense. I listened to his speech and it was awesome and he had nothing to apologize for. Most QB's right now are relaxing and partying while Jameiis has been driving from Tampa to Orlando every day to work out with private coaches, training with Michael Jordan's old trainer, going to Texas to workout some of the new receivers the Bucs signed and doing a ton of charity work ... again, this young man is everything that is right with a modern QB and every QB in the league should try to emulate him. However, I'm sure you probably had no idea about any of what I just mentioned because you don't follow the Bucs and only pop out of the woodwork if you read something negative about Jameis as you're not a fan ... typical.

Well they never said Jameis was the smartest individual in the world.

Actually he was a scholar athelete in high school with a perfect 4.0 GPA and received an "academc scholarship" to Stanford! He is also still working towards his degree as I type this even though he's in the NFL and has long said that when his playing career is done he is planning on becoming a medical doctor (podiatrist). The kid may talk with a Southern Drawl and many racists may assume he's dumb because of the color of his skin but Jameis is one extremely bright young man both on the field whetre various pre-draft evaluators said he was the smartest chalkboard QB they had ever interviewed, and in the classroom!

And to think of all the things we DON'T know about him. LOL..

I know the things you don't know about him ... like his perfect 4.0 GPA, his academc scholarship to Stanford, his massive charity work, his offseason workout regimen, how his teammates and coaches at every level adored him, etc., ... because you're not a fan and don't actually care about Jameis news ... unless it's negative Jameis news ... typical for a hater.

You honestly sound as credible and unbiased as the Brady haters who wouldn't rank Brady in the top 50 and simply harp on his many scandals ... just childish and silly.

You think your guy is the all-time GOAT and I love him and have no problem admitting he's in the top 4 ... I know my guy is the most accomplished 22 year old QB that ever lived and you hate on him like crazy ... to each his own ... I wish everyone the best

Sorry but there are a ton of QB's a rather root for other than him. Not hoping he gets hurt like I said earlier but hope he never wins another game. Believe me he will show his true colors soon enough.

He has shown his true colors and they are lovely and all of Tampa loves the young man ... but haters will always hate ... there will always be a whole lot of Pats haters that will always maintain that Brady was one of the worst cheaters the game has ever seen, deserves asterixs next to all his stats and accomplishments, etc., no matter how much Brady adds to his legacy on the field ... and there will always be people that will claim Jameis is dumb or a thug or some other such nonsense no matter how much amazing charity work he does or how much respect and admiration his coaches, teammates and city has for him ... haters will always hate ... that's what they do.

As for me, I'm not a "hater" of any player or team ... there are some I don't necessarily "like" but if such players or teams prove themselves they have my respect ... Tim Duncan and Paul Pierce are like that ... never liked either player but both earned my respect and I have no qualms saying TD is the GOAT-PF and that Paul Pierce should be a 1st ballot HOF'er ...

One last thing ... even though you're a hater, just imagine for a second if Jameis really is 100% innocent of the assault he was accused of which all the evidence and even common sense point to being the case)... no one should have to go through what he has gone through. No one. There are many people who literally would have killed themselves over that sort of thing and yet he has turned himself into the most accomplished 22 year old QB in history and someone his coaches, teammates and city adores. I have a great deal of respect for Jameis as a person and am not arrogant enough to judge people unrighteously simply because I don't like them or to pretend I'm God and know all and am the judge, jury and executioner (of one's reputation) ...
    Last edited by Jameis1of1; 02-27-2017 at 01:40 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I can see why many would think Brady is the GOAT with 5 rings...but we all know the last 2 he won really should not have happened.
    I haven't watched a football game since the Seattle/Pats rigged SB.I do however scoreboard watch.I find it very convenient for the Pats that Atlanta decides to pass the ball 2nd and 11 on Pats 22 yr line under 4 mins in the game.Two run plays and bring in Bryant who can nail a 50 yarder in his sleep and its an 11 pt lead with under 3 mins to play,of course with running the clock down on each down.I don't feel comfortable putting Brady as #1...too much baggage.

Rigged Superbowl? Haha. These get better and better. I love these people. They make me laugh everyday.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast