Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Michigan Wolverines Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @kylemclaren7 See kydollarsign's Items on eBay Instagram:

never buy a solo box.
    Usually the case hit has been taken from previous box openings.
    If you're going to gamble on product like this make sure it's a sealed case.
    I'm guessing 99% of solo boxes you see come up on ebay are from this process - especially cup

thats a pretty negative way to look at it tbh

NEVER buy solo boxes from someone who's not a known/respected retailer in the hobby. CCW/Miraj/CNC/Breakaway/Red Nails/and a long list of others in Canada are very well know and do great business. If joe blow is selling a tin of the cup by itself on ebay. then it's probably had the hit picked out, not known retailers (for the most part)

BANNED

Country
    See Rustyisin65's Items on eBay

Not sure how you can be so sure any retailer doesnt pull out case hits and sell off the remaining unopened boxes. I think its been pretty common practice for the last 15 years.
    Only way to be sure is to buy a full case.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Michigan Wolverines Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @kylemclaren7 See kydollarsign's Items on eBay Instagram:

Not sure how you can be so sure any retailer doesnt pull out case hits and sell off the remaining unopened boxes. I think its been pretty common practice for the last 15 years.
    Only way to be sure is to buy a full case.

stretch it farther tho - how can you be distributors are not busting cases of something off a pallet until they pull McDavid RPAs.... better buy the whole pallet then!

Yeah, 100000% some retailers do this practice, I can think of one in my city that it is widely assumed does this due to the incredibly high rate of nice singles they sell vs the lack of major hits that come out of their product, but its not a nationally know store, and that's the point I'm trying to make. You can buy from many companies in Canada that are known commodities and I trust not to do this.

Plus, IMO, it is -EV strategy to bust wax until you hit something big. EVERYONE knows breaking wax is generally going to lose you money, and a store needs to churn a profit to pay its bills/employees/buy new stock/ect. At best they can hope to break even by nailing a big card and then selling the rest of the boxes, but again, -EV. Not every case hit pays for a case, in fact most do not, so if a dealer is taking that risk, more often than not, they are going to go under

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See canadacardworld's Items on eBay

Hi guys, we just noticed this thread and thought we should weigh in. Canada Card World has been around since 2009 and have been steadily growing since then with a customer base of over 7000. We have hundreds of products online including sports, non-sports, entertainment, gaming, toys and more. We only buy from official distributors or direct from manufacturers. Trust me, we have no interest in robbing our customers of great hits, we want all of our customers to have a positive experience so they will shop with us again. If you guys have any other questions, feel free to PM me. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12