Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

OPEN THREAD - Lets see your best adds of 2016!

Hey all

Thought it would be cool to recap the year for everyone in 1 thread ..... so we can check out each others awesomeness!

I need to get some scanning done .... but I plan to do a Top 10 pickups of the year .... or something like that.

Feel free to show your 2016 goodies!
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

I will start!

I collect game used and autographed cards of Beliveau, Lafleur and Maurice Richard. Can consider other nice Habs cards too.
    Flicker: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ronfir's Items on eBay

Here are my TOP TEN for 2016

Contours 99

Trilogy

Draft Day SPGU

Artifacts

Next counts as one but I have two

SPA 485

SPA 140

Exquisite

Top Three

13/25

And maybe my favorite

26/27

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I am most happy in 2016 to have finally picked up an Ed Giacomin RC:

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Very nice stuff everyone. Love those McDavid's!

Here's just one of my coolest Enroth additins of 2016:

Always loved the concept of these cards. Game-Used letter + an autograph? Yes please! Was stoked to add one of these to the Enroth PC a few years after the initial release!

I can post a Top 10 later on too :)
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

Scans don't do these justice, but here are my top 3 adds from this year for the PC (and there was a lot to choose from):

At #3: From Leaf - Gretzky Ultimate Equipment /4

At #2 - A Gretzky 1/1 from 14/15 UD Premier

and at #1...
    by a fair margin...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

mmmm, yeah, those Oilers cards are pure filth. That Gretzky Inked Inscription 1/1 and McDavid Cup RPA. Wow!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

My favorites acquired this year, all Geese and 1 Sproul.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

Awesome Nyquists! And adding a 1/1 shield is always memorable. Nice Wings patches on those cards as well, those will never stop being epic. Nicely done, @MattDMC !

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice stuff everyone!

Got around to scanning / figuring out my Top 10 of the year ( could have all been Luongo =P ) but decided to spread the Top 10 throughout my PC pickups.

1st one is a notable mention. Not sure I wanted to include it as I technically picked up the card in 2015, but had it graded this year.

Ultimate Collection Rookie Auto Toews /99 BGS 9.5

Now onto my Top 10:

- SP Game Used True Rookie Barkov /16 BGS 9.5
    ** This would have been higher had I decided to keep all my Barkov stuff. Decided to let one part of the collection go and it was him. Still have a couple nice ones kicking around though =P **

- UD Buybacks Young Guns Auto Forsberg /9
    ** Another card not PC, but a product I loved opening. Grabbed this one off ebay **

- The Cup Enshrinements Dual Auto Brodeur / Roy /35
    ** Its been a slow year for the Brodeur collection. Had a few decent pickups but this one is my favorite. Something about dual Roy / Brodeur autos **

- National Treasures Rookie Auto Patch Galchenyuk /99 BGS 9.0
    ** From a trade here on SCF, always loved the NT Rookie design. Love "white" colored cards when it comes to an auto and the patch size / quality cant be beat! Hoping to add more 13/14 NT Rookies in 2017 **

- Exquisite Veteran Signatures Bure /35
    ** What a beautiful set, great checklist too. Decided to wait till the Bure was live to grab this one. My only Bure auto in the collection right now, and 5 away from completing this set! **

- Premier Collection Tribute Rookie Auto Patch Gold Fleury /5
    ** Always had a thing for Tribute this and that. I try and get all the Fleurys I can =P. LCS grabbed this one for me and I scooped it up quick. It was a very solid year for the Fleury collection and this one was by far my favorite **

- The Cup Black Shield Luongo 1/1
    ** This one would have been higher, if not for my other Luongo AUTO shield already in the PC. 1 of 2 Luongo Shields I grabbed this year. Great design and love the look of the newer NHL Shield ( my other is from 04/05 ) **

- Artifacts Dual Tag Auto Luongo 1/1
    ** 05/06 Artifacts IMO is easily the best year for Artifacts. The patch quality was always so good. Theres something about cards from 04/05 - 05/06 that just design wise draws me to them. **

- Showcase Hot Prospects Rookie Auto Patch White Hot Mrazek /3
    ** A card I knew I must have when I saw it on ebay. I guess a few others thought the same thing because this one went for a ton. Good thing I have some extra paypal at the time to make a big stab at it. Ended up bidding less than $3.00 over my competitor. I actually have made contact with the other guy and we frequently talk about our Mrazek collections. He still needs one =P **

- Dominion Had it Stamped Luongo 1/1
    ** Finally, a 1st for my Luongo PC. A Propert ..... I mean Had it Stamped! Was pumped when I landed this one, and looking back in 2016, I am still pumped! **

Thanks for the look!

Lets keep this thread going!
    Last edited by canucksfan007; 12-24-2016 at 07:44 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast