Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2006 Fusion presented by WA Designs

Hello everyone, I've posted these elsewhere before, but I've created a new set of football cards for the 2006 season (and beyond).

I am a graphic designer and have been collecting cards my entire life. I designed cards while I was in school just for fun, but now I've decided to produce a set that will actually be printed and produced.

However, there will not be a large supply of the cards as I cannot sell them per NFL copywright & licensing laws. So the only cost that can be acquired is the production cost, no profit. Therefore, the cards are being given out for free to all those who want to pay for the production costs, or I've decided that I'd be willing to produce the sets and trade them for other cards.

There will be no autographs or game used cards, as I feel these have ruined the hobby and prefer not to ever try and add these aspects to my set of cards.

Here are a few samples:

2. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store
    just better be careful you know what you are doing as far as copyright laws go!! that is the SAME EXACT logo as the collector's edge odyssey cards!! if something like this ever somehow made it out onto the marketplace, and got back to you, i would assume you could be in some trouble

Quote Originally Posted by theproudestmonkey
    just better be careful you know what you are doing as far as copyright laws go!! that is the SAME EXACT logo as the collector's edge odyssey cards!! if something like this ever somehow made it out onto the marketplace, and got back to you, i would assume you could be in some trouble
    Well, they share a resemblance, but they're different enough to where I should be okay. I didn't even notice it until you said something, I created the logo myself messing around in Illustrator.

Those are nice looking cards. The only problem would be using the teams' logos.

Problems down the road:

1) Using NFL Player Names

2) Using copyrighted pictures that are not yours.

3) Using NFL Team Logos that are not yours

4) According to another member, you ripped a logo

Not good in the long run...

Not to dump on you. Those are nice looking.
    But, I assume you are not the photographer. If that is the case and you did not purchase these pics for distribution through license and agreement, you may be in for a world of hurt on top of the other thing mentioned.
    Personally, I would love to see an independant (you for example) put great cards out there to let the big boys (UD for example) know value is not always in over pricing a box with 2 GU's cards of scrubs

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguyryan
    Problems down the road:

1) Using NFL Player Names

2) Using copyrighted pictures that are not yours.

3) Using NFL Team Logos that are not yours

4) According to another member, you ripped a logo

Not good in the long run...
    Right now, this should all not be a problem as it's for collector purposes only, no one is making any sort of profit from this. That's the first thing I made sure of because that would get me into a lot of trouble.
    Also, on the logo thing, it looks pleanty different from the Edge Odyssey logo.

Then, someday down the road I hope to get and NFL Liscensing contract so I can produce them to be sold.

In fact, I've contacted the NFL about this, and I'm not making money off of it, so I have their permission because of the fact that no one is making money from it.

-------------

And with the photos thing, I have an account with WireImage, so I actually am paying for the images I'm using.

Quote Originally Posted by White_Dragon
    Right now, this should all not be a problem as it's for collector purposes only, no one is making any sort of profit from this. That's the first thing I made sure of because that would get me into a lot of trouble.
    Also, on the logo thing, it looks pleanty different from the Edge Odyssey logo.

Then, someday down the road I hope to get and NFL Liscensing contract so I can produce them to be sold.

In fact, I've contacted the NFL about this, and I'm not making money off of it, so I have their permission because of the fact that no one is making money from it.

-------------

And with the photos thing, I have an account with WireImage, so I actually am paying for the images I'm using.
    Like I said, I prefer independants over the big boys.
    So, what would you want for a set?
    send me a PM is best

Here's where I'm storing the visual database. So far I only have the Cardinals & Falcons up. I should have them all up in the next couple weeks.

http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n...n%202006/Base/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast