Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Win more than the Lions. Jameis should never lose a game!

Um ...... sure ....

Yeah I think even if the division winner has a losing record they should still host the first games. The current tie breaker works. How best to compare two teams? By looking at their common opponents.

You don't see the hypocrisy in your above statement? You say the Texans should have the home game over the Texans despite the Texans having a better overall record, better record against common opponents and better head-to-head record ... that makes no sense.

You probably think we should just do away with the divisions too

I think the NFL needs MASSIVE realignment based on geography. I believe the Bucs, Dolphins, Jaguars and Falcons should make up one division, while the Raiders, Rams, Chargers and 49'ers should make up another, etc., and that such is so obvious that only a nonsensical person would disagree.

I also believe that after this massive and much-need realignment, there should be 8 playoff teams in each conference, a division winner should be guaranteed a playoff appearance but that seeding should go by record and that tie-breakers should go by head-to-head, then conference record and then "resume".

If the above were in place today, the Patriots would be playing the #8 seed Titans, the Chiefs would be playing the #7 seed Broncos (who would have a solid chance of winning), the Cowboys would be playing the #8 seed Redskins while the Falcons would be playing the Lions and Seahawks would be playing the Bucs (who already beat them this year) ... and the playoffs would be sooooo much more fun!

One more thing ... I also think a team should play the other 15 teams in their conference every year and that they should play just one game against an AFC opponent, the one that finished with the same place in their conference the year before ... for example the Redskins (#8 NFC team) would play the Titans (#8 AFC team) next year.

SCF Rewards
    Country

They'd never do realignment because it would get rid of the decades old rivalries. They are still big game and to throw that away for less travel or something would be a dumb financial move for the NFL. Though I suppose you could really tweak some of the divisions that they have now without screwing that up too much if you want.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

They'd never do realignment because it would get rid of the decades old rivalries. They are still big game and to throw that away for less travel or something would be a dumb financial move for the NFL. Though I suppose you could really tweak some of the divisions that they have now without screwing that up too much if you want.

Perhaps if they made sure to keep the big rivalry teams in the same conference, they would consider it, as those teams would still be guaranteed to play once a year?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Ugh, Lions got dominated by the team the Bucs dominated ... like I said ... the NFL playoff and seeding system needs work ...

Baseball Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Pistons Detroit Lions Detroit Red Wings
    See cramkd117's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Ugh, Lions got dominated by the team the Bucs dominated ... like I said ... the NFL playoff and seeding system needs work ...

Did you watch the game? It was 10-6 well into the 4th qtr and Seahawk td shouldn't have counted. Lions did not play well, but come on it was a close game most of the way.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Did you watch the game? It was 10-6 well into the 4th qtr and Seahawk td shouldn't have counted. Lions did not play well, but come on it was a close game most of the way.

I watched every minute with my son, and believe me, we were both rooting hard for the Lions, but I never got the feeling they actually had a shot to win the game. There d-line was gashed all night long and there CB's were dreadful as well ... and their receivers were dropping Stafford's passes left and right ... it was a poor performance to say the least.

I really like Stafford and I'm starting to feel sorry for him the way I felt sorry for Barry Sanders. I honestly think the kid is a future HOF'er and has top 3 level talent but the Lions are one of the worst run organizations in the NFL and it's just very frustrating.

I still consider the Lions my "team". I love Jameis and he's my fave player and I'm more of a fan of players than teams, so for now, I'd root for the Bucs against the Lions, but the second Jameis left them for another team, I'd be done with them ... the Lions are the one "team" I root for year in and year out, but the organization is just garbage and it's sad.

There are just some organizations that never seem to "get it" or to "put it all together" and Detroit and Cleveland are right at the top of that list, with a newer team like Jacksonville looking like they will join them ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123