Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (21)
    Country

Canadian Ebay Sellers... Question

Hi all,
    just tossing this up to see what others say. I usually sell on ebay.ca, but I was wondering what other Canadian sellers do? Does anyone find either the American (ebay.com) or Canadian(Ebay.ca) site has any extra benefits? I was thinking that my shipping charges might look more attractive if I put it on ebay.com and used USD?

Thanks in advance.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    COMC Cards For Sale

I use both ... I get 50 extra listings by using .com.

I list mostly in Canadian dollars and let the US buyer pay the exchange rate in Paypal.
    But sometimes I use US dollars on .com for higher end cards/sets when I know I'm going to buy from US sellers in the near future.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I only sell on .com. Not sure why. Just the way ive always done it.

Like Canadian Kid said above, I get my free 50 listings basically every month.

I list all my auctions in USD, and provide free shipping within NA ( I 99% of the time only do BIN/BO auctions, so I just incorporate shipping when accepting / counter offering )

I also have 2 mailing addresses linked to my ebay, one here and one in the US. I always have it set to my US address, as sometimes auctions run by US sellers that dont ship to Canada wont even appear in your searches if your default mailing address isnt in the US.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I, too, only use .com. I've been buying and selling on Ebay since 2000 and don't believe .ca existed yet at the time.

All my sales are in USD. Whether or not it's more beneficial, I can't really say. I haven't really had any issues however.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

I only sell on .com. Not sure why. Just the way ive always done it.

Like Canadian Kid said above, I get my free 50 listings basically every month.

I list all my auctions in USD, and provide free shipping within NA ( I 99% of the time only do BIN/BO auctions, so I just incorporate shipping when accepting / counter offering )

I also have 2 mailing addresses linked to my ebay, one here and one in the US. I always have it set to my US address, as sometimes auctions run by US sellers that dont ship to Canada wont even appear in your searches if your default mailing address isnt in the US.

That's good to know, I didn't know the last part. That's why I was seeing items that ended that I never saw appear in the first place, thanks for the info.
    I collect game used and autographed cards of Beliveau, Lafleur and Maurice Richard. Can consider other nice Habs cards too.
    Flicker: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I sell on .com so I can list in USD.

USD auctions/BIN do better than in CDN currency i've noticed.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I sell on either just don't use the global shipping service as the prices are astronomical and discourage potential buyers.