Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Culpepper to the Ravens?

Post Culpepper to the Ravens?

http://ultimate.sportingnews.com/nfl.../20030415.html

Draft Dish: Ravens dealing for Vikings' Culpepper

April 15, 2003 Print it

We've been told that Baltimore is trying to put together a deal with the Vikings for quarterback Daunte Culpepper. In exchange, Minnesota would receive the Ravens' first-round pick, No. 10 overall, in the upcoming draft.

Culpepper, 26, will be a restricted free agent at the end of the 2003 season. Vikings owner Red McCombs, who is cutting back financially to make the books look better before he sells the team in the near future, evidently does not want to pay Culpepper the type of money he is looking for.

If the Vikings do trade Culpepper to Baltimore, then they must feel confident they can draft either Marshall QB Byron Leftwich or Cal QB Kyle Boller with the 10th pick and still be able to get Kentucky defensive tackle Dewayne Robertson or Penn State defensive tackle Jimmy Kennedy with their other first-round pick, No. 7 overall.

The deal makes sense for Baltimore because although Culpepper is young, he is much more of a proven commodity than Leftwich or Boller. More important, Culpepper has experience in coach Brian Billick's offensive system.

Very interested stuff. Now it looks like the Vikings were really trying to trade Randy Moss last year.

The Vikings would suck without a QB.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

I wouldn't do the trade if it was just for a #1 draft pick. Although Culpepper has had some troubles lately, he is a proven top QB and to trade him away for unproven talent to me would just be crazy.

If the Ravens get Culpepper, that puts them right back in the hunt for the Super Bowl.

Culpepper's good!

It doesn't help him that Moss only plays when he wants to play.

It's not easy to find a big-bodied QB who can pass as well as he runs.

Re: Culpepper to the Ravens?

Originally posted by pwaldo

The Vikings would suck without a QB. [/B]
    The Vikings suck with a QB. LOL

Originally posted by podstock
    If the Ravens get Culpepper, that puts them right back in the hunt for the Super Bowl.

Culpepper's good!

It doesn't help him that Moss only plays when he wants to play.

It's not easy to find a big-bodied QB who can pass as well as he runs.
    The trade would really help the Ravens but I don't think it would get them to the Super Bowl. They really don't have any good WRs.

But the Vikings need to keep Culpepper or they can just kiss Randy Moss good bye.

Re: Re: Culpepper to the Ravens?

Originally posted by leftyshan
    The Vikings suck with a QB. LOL
    Yeah but their best 2 players are at QB and WR. So if they lose their starting QB then Randy Moss will be nothing, meaning the Vikings will go 0-16.

I agree pwaldo. I just had to throw that in there being that I'm a diehard Niners fan. LOL

It is not a good trade for MN, but it appears that they do not really care... just want to dump payroll to make the team sell easier.

Culpepper is a good QB! Vikes should keep him and Moss if they ever hope to go to the Super Bowl..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast