Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @ncualoping10 See ncualoping10's Items on eBay

Monday, May 22, 2017

Bobby Hull Appearance - Novi's Beef (Berwyn, IL) - OFFICIAL
    Bobby Hull - 2/2 Pucks

I was able to meet Chicago Blackhawks and NHL legend Bobby Hull at an appearance in Berwyn, IL. The autographs were free when you purchased a meal at the restaurant of the signing, so a pretty good deal. Buy a meal, get an autograph. I got 2 pucks signed by Hull, one with "HOF 1983" inscription and the other with "The Golden Jet" inscription. Very happy with how they turned out. Hull is always a stand up guy, he signed for over 4 hours straight!

YEAR TO DATE: 42
    OFFICIAL: 26
    UNOFFICIAL: 16

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Grand Opening Event - SPYRL Chicago (Highland Park, IL) - OFFICIAL
    Charles Tillman (Chicago Bears) - 1/1 Mini Helmet, 1/1 11x14 Photo, 1/1 8x10 Photo

There was a grand opening event for a local fitness studio, SPYRL Chicago, in Highland Park, IL where former Chicago Bears cornerback Charles Tillman made an appearance. Tillman was absolutely awesome, taking pictures with fans and telling stories. He has a great personality! I was able to get a Bears mini helmet, 11x14 photo, and 8x10 photo all signed by Tillman.

YEAR TO DATE: 45
    OFFICIAL: 29
    UNOFFICIAL: 16

SCF Rewards
    Country

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Chicago White Sox vs. Detroit Tigers (Doubleheader) - Guaranteed Rate Field (Chicago, IL)
    ON THE GO
    Todd Frazier (White Sox) - 1/1 Card
    Yolmer Sanchez (White Sox) - 1/1 Card
    Luis Robert (White Sox) - 1/1 ROMLB
    Nicholas Castellanos (Tigers) - 1/1 Card
    SIT DOWN
    Mike Sirotka (White Sox) - 8/8 Cards
    James Baldwin (White Sox) - 2/2 Cards

Long day at the ballpark watching the White Sox and Tigers play a doubleheader the other week. Great day for graphing. I got Todd Frazier and Yolmer Sanchez, both of which are almost automatic before games, down the foul line before Game 1. Sanchez, who goes by Yolmer now instead of Carlos, still signs his name as Carlos. Then newly signed White Sox prospect Luis Robert threw out the first pitch, and signed a ROMLB for me on his way back to the dugout! Super stoked to get Robert this early in his career. The weekend homestand was also "Homecoming Weekend" for the White Sox, and former players Mike Sirotka and James Baldwin signed autographs on the concourse during the game. Sirotka signed 8 cards for me and Baldwin signed 2 cards. Before Game 2, I went over to the Tigers side and got Nicholas Castellanos (formerly Nick) down the foul line.

YEAR TO DATE: 59
    SIT DOWN: 39
    ON THE GO: 20

I'm sure many of you are wondering why I write "Official" or "Unofficial" autographs at the top of my posts. So to clear any confusion, I am changing the phrases to "Sit Down" or "On the Go." They still mean the same thing. "Sit Down" autographs are obtained at signings where the autographs tend to come out clean, while "On the Go" autographs are obtained more spontaneously such as down the foul lines in the MLB, by the tunnel in the NBA, or from the window of the athlete's car, where the autographs tend to be more rushed and illegible.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Jeremy Langford Appearance - Friendly Ford (Roselle, IL) - SIT DOWN
    Jeremy Langford (Chicago Bears) - 3/3 8x10 Photos, 2/2 Cards

Went to an appearance by Chicago Bears running back Jeremy Langford at a car dealership in Roselle, IL. Langford was chill and signed 3 8x10 photos and 2 cards for me. Great dude!

YEAR TO DATE: 64
    SIT DOWN: 44
    ON THE GO: 20

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Chicago Cubs vs. Colorado Rockies - Wrigley Field (Chicago, IL) - ON THE GO
    Javier Baez - 1/1 2016 WS ROMLB
    Dave Martinez - 1/1 Card
    Jim Deshaies - 4/4 Cards

Went to graph the Cubs vs. Rockies on arrival, only got 1 current player but it's a good one in 2B Javier Baez who signed a 2016 World Series ball for me. With the crowds getting bigger and bigger now, I don't expect Cubs players to sign as much as they used to, but I'm still going to try to go when I can. Also got former players and current bench coach Dave Martinez on 1 card and current broadcaster Jim Deshaies on 4 cards.

YEAR TO DATE: 70
    SIT DOWN: 44
    ON THE GO: 26

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Bulls

good stuff---really enjoy reading your successes!
    Collect HOF ROMLB SS balls (Have 35, always looking for more)
    Trying to complete 2016 Topps Heritage Minor League Set (199/215)
    2016 Cubs World Series signed WS ROMLB (8/25)
    2018 Bowman Draft 169/200
    2020 Bowman Draft 121/200

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Craig Hodges Book Signing - The Book Cellar (Chicago, IL) - Sit Down
    Craig Hodges (Chicago Bulls) - 5/5 Cards, 2/3 Game Used Chicago Stadium Floorboards, 1/1 Book

I had one the greatest experiences with an athlete since I've been in the hobby. I got to meet former Chicago Bulls player and 2x NBA Champion Craig Hodges at a book signing in Chicago, IL. Hodges was awesome, signed everything people had, and had small conversations with each fan. I brought 3 game used floor pieces from the original Chicago Stadium to get signed, and Hodges was in awe over the floor pieces. He signed all 3 floorboards for me, and he kept talking about how cool these were and that he's never seen pieces of the floor from Chicago Stadium before. Since I had three, I told him he could keep one, and he was very grateful of my gesture. Then he asked me for my autograph and told me to sign the floor piece as well, since I gave him the floor piece. I told him I had no business signing that but I obliged to his wishes haha. Now Hodges has a floorboard signed by himself and me. That is the first time anyone has ever asked for me autograph, and it came from a professional athlete! He also signed 5 cards and his book, along with the other 2 floorboards as well. This was an all time experience that I'll never forget.

YEAR TO DATE: 78
    SIT DOWN: 52

Atlantaman - Thank you for the kind words! Sometimes I think I only write to myself when I post my updates, so I really appreciate your comment!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Bulls

Yeah keep it up! Big Chicago down South--jealous of all your successes haha

SCF Rewards
    Country

Friday, June 16, 2017

Kane County Cougars vs. Wisconsin Timber Rattlers - Northwestern Medicine Field (Geneva, IL) - Sit Down
    Dan Hampton (Chicago Bears) - 2/2 8x10 Photos
    Otis Wilson (Chicago Bears) - 6/6 Cards

'85 Bears Night at the Kane County Cougars game featuring former Chicago Bears players Dan Hampton and Otis Wilson. They had an autograph signing pregame that rolled into the 3rd inning. Hampton signed 2 8x10 photos, and he added "Super Bowl XX" to one photo, but wouldn't do "HOF 2002." Wilson signed 6 cards for me. I didn't get through the line until right before game time so I couldn't get any of the baseball players pregame.

YEAR TO DATE: 86
    SIT DOWN: 60
    UNOFFICIAL: 26

SCF Rewards
    Country

Friday, June 23, 2017 - Saturday, June 24, 2017

2017 NHL Draft Fan Fest - United Center (Chicago, IL) - Sit Down
    Friday, June 23
    Brian Campbell - 1/1 Puck
    Chris Chelios - 1/1 Puck
    Saturday, June 24
    Adam Burish - 2/2 Pucks
    Henri Jokiharju - 1/1 Puck
    Chris Chelios - 1/1 8x10 Photo
    Colin Fraser - 2/2 Pucks
    Jim Cornelison - 1/1 8x10 Photo
    Tony Esposito - 1/1 8x10 Photo

I went to the 2017 NHL Draft Fan Fest in Chicago this past weekend. The Fan Fest was outside in the parking lot, and had many signings and photo ops all weekend with former or current Blackhawks players. It was a good weekend, it could have been better, but still can't complain with my results. There were scratch and win opportunities for autographs and photo ops, and let's just say that I was not a lucky winner for any scratch offs, but that didn't really matter anyways. On Friday, I got 1 auto each from current Blackhawks player Brian Campbell and former player Chris Chelios ("HOF 13" inscription) on Blackhawks logo pucks. Both of them were supposed to be scratch and win autos, but they let everyone in line regardless of the scratch offs, so the scratch offs ended up not meaning anything.

On Saturday, I first did a photo op with former Blackhawks player and 2010 Stanley Cup Champ Adam Burish. After taking a photo, he signed 2 pucks for me, a Blackhawks logo puck and a 2010 Stanley Cup Champs puck. Then, the 2017 1st Rd Draft Pick for the Blackhawks, Henri Jokiharju, did a last minute signing at the Fan Fest, and I was able to get him on a Blackhawks logo puck. Next, I went back to another scratch and win autograph session, and it was Chelios again just like the night before. And like all the other scratch off signings, they let every fan in line. So I got an 8x10 photo signed, and he added "HOF 13" again as well. The rest of the day consisted of regular signings that all fans could get into, featuring former player Colin Fraser, Blackhawks National Anthem singer Jim Cornelison, and former player Tony Esposito. Each person signed for one hour back to back to back. Fraser signed 2 pucks for me, a Blackhawks logo puck and a 2010 Stanley Cup Champs puck. Cornelison, the Blackhawks National Anthem singer, signed an 8x10 photo, which featured the inside of the United Center during the National Anthem with the USA flag projected on the ice. I love this photo and have been waiting for Cornelison to sign it for a while. He added "Be Loud n Proud!" to the photo as well. Lastly, Blackhawks legend Tony Esposito finished off the fan fest, and I got him on an 8x10 photo with "HOF 1988."

I wasn't as efficient as I wanted to be. I chose to do the sit down Blackhawks signings that I knew I'd get autos at, instead of trying to go inside the arena or wait by the parking lot to get prospects, coaches, executives, and NHL legends. I missed out on some big names like Gretzky, but there was no guarantee I'd get any of those guys anyways. Still can't complain with the haul I walked away with from the free event!

YEAR TO DATE: 96
    SIT DOWN: 70

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast