Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @ncualoping10 See ncualoping10's Items on eBay

Chitownautos 2017 IP Success Thread

Time to kick off 2017! This will be my fourth full year of collecting autographs. To recap, here are my autograph totals from my first 3+ years:

2013: 56 autographs
    2014: 154 autographs
    2015: 180 autographs
    2016: 219 autographs

I am shooting for 300+ autographs in 2017. Trying to focus my collection on mainly 16x20 photos, 8x10 photos, Sports Illustrateds, ROMLBs, hockey pucks, and cards. Here's to a great 2017!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Chicago Blackhawks Radio Show - Butch McGuire's (Chicago, IL) - OFFICIAL
    Dennis Rasmussen - 4/4 8x10 photos, 3/3 Pucks

Kicked off 2017 by going to a Chicago Blackhawks radio show where current Blackhawks player Dennis Rasmussen made an appearance for a Q&A and autograph session. I was able to get 4 8x10 photos and 3 pucks signed by Rasmussen, who could not have been any nicer. Signing everything, taking photos, answering questions, great guy overall. Nice way to kick off the 2017 graphing year!

YEAR TO DATE: 7
    OFFICIAL: 7
    UNOFFICIAL: 0

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Chicago Blackhawks vs. Buffalo Sabres - United Center (Chicago, IL) - UNOFFICIAL
    Scott Darling (Morning Skate) - 1/1 Puck
    Vincent Hinostroza (Morning Skate) - 1/1 Puck
    Jamal Mayers (Intermission) - 2/2 8x10 Photos
    Jonathan Toews (Post-Game) - 1/1 Puck

I went to the Chicago Blackhawks vs. Buffalo Sabres game, and saw the Blackhawks win in overtime, which was my first time seeing overtime live in person. In the morning, I tried to get autographs after players were leaving morning skate, which was my first time graphing at morning skate. This was a change of scenery compared to graphing pre/post practices and games. I was able to get goalie Scott Darling on a 2015 SC Champs puck and forward Vincent Hinostroza on a Blackhawks logo puck. During the game, the Blackhawks TV crew hosts an intermission show live from the United Center concourse, where former player and 2013 SC Champ Jamal Mayers is part of the broadcasting crew. Mayers signed 2 8x10 photos for me after the show ended. Finally, after the game, I was debating whether or not to stand outside by the players entrance because it was brutal cold outside. I ended up waiting outside and superstar Jonathan Toews rolled down his window on his way out and signed for me a Blackhawks logo puck, which made bracing the cold all worth it.

YEAR TO DATE: 12
    UNOFFICIAL: 5

SCF Rewards
    Country

Friday, January 6, 2017

Chicago Wolves vs. Rockford IceHogs - Allstate Arena (Rosemont, IL) - UNOFFICIAL
    Nick Schmaltz (IceHogs/Blackhawks) - 1/1 Puck
    Viktor Svedberg (IceHogs/Blackhawks) - 3/3 8x10 Photos

I decided to try and get autographs after the Chicago Wolves vs. Rockford IceHogs AHL hockey game at the Allstate Arena. The Wolves are AHL affiliates with the St. Louis Blues while the IceHogs are affiliates with the Chicago Blackhawks. I love graphing at these AHL games especially with the IceHogs because a lot of top Blackhawks and NHL prospects are there. I was able to get Blackhawks top prospects Nick Schmaltz and Viktor Svedberg to sign 1 puck and 3 8x10 photos respectively. It was harder to obtain autos since the place was more crowded than I thought.

YEAR TO DATE: 16
    UNOFFICIAL: 9

SCF Rewards
    Country

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Chicago Blackhawks Practice - Johnny's Ice House (Chicago, IL) - UNOFFICIAL
    Andrew Desjardins - 1/1 Puck
    Nick Schmaltz - 1/1 Puck
    Scott Darling - 1/1 8x10 Photo

I went back home from school for the weekend and was able to catch a Chicago Blackhawks practice, which is always fun to attend. After practice, Andrew Desjardins, Nick Schmaltz, and Scott Darling all rolled down their windows on the way out and signed from their cars. I got Desjardins and Schmaltz each on a Blackhawks logo puck and Darling on an 8x10 photo. Not the biggest names but those guys do radio shows and signings every once in a while so it was good to get them all at once and not drive all around Chicago to get them at different places.

YEAR TO DATE: 19
    UNOFFICIAL: 12

SCF Rewards
    Country

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Xfinity Store Grand Opening - Chicago, IL - OFFICIAL
    Jordan Howard (Chicago Bears) - 2/2 16x20 Photos, 4/4 11x14 Photos, 4.4 8x10 Photos

Chicago Bears star rookie Pro-Bowl running back Jordan Howard made an appearance at an Xfinity Store grand opening event in Chicago, IL. Howard is one of the nicest athletes around, signed everything people had and was making conversation with fans. I was able to get 2 16x20 photos, 4 11x14 photos, and 4 8x10 photos signed.

YEAR TO DATE: 29
    OFFICIAL: 17

SCF Rewards
    Country

Monday, March 20, 2017

Chicago Blackhawks Appearance - Fox Ford Lincoln (Chicago, IL) - OFFICIAL
    Trevor van Riemsdyk - 5/5 8x10 Photos, 2/2 Pucks

Chicago Blackhawks player Trevor van Riemsdyk made an appearance at a car dealership in Chicago. He was super cool, signed everything, and took photos with fans. He's one of the few players on the Blackhawks that I've never met before so it was nice to finally meet him for the first time. He signed 5 8x10 photos, 1 Blackhawks logo puck, and 1 2015 Stanley Cup Champions puck for me and added "2015 SC Champs" on the photo of him holding the Stanley Cup.

YEAR TO DATE: 36
    OFFICIAL: 24

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Chicago Blackhawks vs. Dallas Stars - United Center (Chicago, IL) - UNOFFICIAL
    Duncan Keith - 1/1 Puck
    Corey Crawford - 1/1 Puck

Over my spring break, I went to the Chicago Blackhawks vs Dallas Stars game and saw the Blackhawks win in a shootout. After the game, I waited outside by the players exit after the game and was able to get a couple big name autos. Duncan Keith and Corey Crawford both rolled down their windows on the way out. Keith signed a 2010 Stanley Cup Champs puck and Crawford signed a 2013 Stanley Cup Champs puck, both of which are for my set. Keith stops maybe a fourth of the time and Crawford almost never stops so I was happy to get some tough players.

YEAR TO DATE: 38
    UNOFFICIAL: 14

SCF Rewards
    Country

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Chicago Blackhawks vs. Nashville Predators - United Center (Chicago, IL) - UNOFFICIAL
    Brent Sopel - 1/1 Puck

Wayyyyy late on this one. I was lucky enough to get tickets to Game 2 of the 1st Round of the NHL playoffs between the Chicago Blackhawks and Nashville Predators. The Blackhawks ended up getting swept in the series 4-0, but I still enjoyed the playoff atmosphere. I wasn't planning on graphing, but I always keep a few pucks on me just in case I run into someone. Sure enough, former Blackhawk and 2010 Stanley Cup Champion Brent Sopel, was in the concourse doing a radio show and I was able to get him to sign a puck.

YEAR TO DATE: 39
    UNOFFICIAL: 15

SCF Rewards
    Country

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Chicago White Sox vs. San Diego Padres - Guaranteed Rate Field (Chicago, IL) - UNOFFICIAL
    Tyler Saladino (Chicago White Sox) - 1/1 Card

Started off the 2017 MLB season watching the White Sox vs Padres game in Chicago at the newly renamed Guaranteed Rate Field. Right before the game Tyler Saladino was signing and signed 1 card for me. The game featured an alarm clock giveaway of White Sox broadcaster Ken "The Hawk" Harrelson. All of Harrelson's famous quotes and phrases are put together into the ringer of the alarm clock. One of the best and most creative giveaways that any team has come up with that I can remember.

YEAR TO DATE: 40
    UNOFFICIAL: 16

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast