Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

GOAT Golfer - what pleasant surprise

My wife and I went to watch the IMG Juniors Golf event at PGA Natl this past Sunday. I took my Golf HOF flag just in case one of the local area greats came by to watch the kids and I wasn't disappointed. I spotted Jack Nicklaus with his son Gary watching his grandson playing - it was cold and windy (for Florida - LOL!). I shook his hand, spoke with him and then asked if he would mind signing my flag. He was very gracious and he said of course, no problem. If I wanted I could have had him sign whatever I wanted - it was just them and my wife standing there and all I had was my flag! I also got a pic with him.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great story. I'm a really big fan of Jack and got to see him play at the end of the Summer.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

Great story. I'm a really big fan of Jack and got to see him play at the end of the Summer.

Thank you PZERO. His reaction was so totally relaxed and gracious with us that it kind of shocked me. I'm used to seeing him get hammered by 15-20 dealers holding 5 folded up Masters flags each at the Honda Classic. Last year he blew them all off which was the first time I actually saw him get upset (I didn't bother trying to ask him to sign anything after I saw that!).

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Bulls

Awesome success and cool he was so laid back. What a cool memory to have!
    Collect HOF ROMLB SS balls (Have 35, always looking for more)
    Trying to complete 2016 Topps Heritage Minor League Set (199/215)
    2016 Cubs World Series signed WS ROMLB (8/25)
    2018 Bowman Draft 169/200
    2020 Bowman Draft 121/200

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you PZERO. His reaction was so totally relaxed and gracious with us that it kind of shocked me. I'm used to seeing him get hammered by 15-20 dealers holding 5 folded up Masters flags each at the Honda Classic. Last year he blew them all off which was the first time I actually saw him get upset (I didn't bother trying to ask him to sign anything after I saw that!).

When I saw him late in the Summer he was signing everything, but his security were being jerks to everyone. Though one guy handed him 4 undated flags and he signed them all. I got an 11x14 and a my multi signed masters 8x10.