Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See CamaroDMD's Items on eBay

1992 Upper Deck Football Heroes Autograph Question

So, I have a question about the 1992 Upper Deck Football Heroes Autograph cards and I have not been able to find the answer through an internet search. I was hoping someone here might know.

I know the 1991 autos have a diamond shaped hologram logo on the back to confirm authenticity...and this is the only authenticity device on the card. However, is the same true for the 1992 cards? I know they have a diamond hologram as well...but I also see that a lot (if not all) have a UDA hologram sticker as well. Did the cards come with this sticker from the pack...or was it added later? I seem to remember seeing photos of cards in the past without stickers (although I can't find any online now) but with a diamond hologram.

So, what I am wondering is...did the 1992 Football Heroes Autographs (the Marino and the Payton) come out of the pack with a diamond hologram and a UDA sticker or just a diamond hologram?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos
    See Just a buyer, no page.'s Items on eBay

I have a Walter I bought at a card shop in the mountains years ago. Not pulled from a pack by me.

It has the diamond holo, as opposed to the oval one on the rest of the set, and the added UDA sticker with a serial number. It also came with a UDA certificate, (a little fold out pamphlet thing) that also bears a matching, much larger square sticker with rounded corners. Matching serial numbers, that is.

I have a couple of other UD cards with the same UDA sticker, but just cards with the matching sticker.

The certificate is way to big to have been inside a pack, if that's any help. I always thought it must have been a redemption. Upper Deck WAS, at least for me, the company that I pulled my first redemptions from.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See CamaroDMD's Items on eBay

I have a Walter I bought at a card shop in the mountains years ago. Not pulled from a pack by me.

It has the diamond holo, as opposed to the oval one on the rest of the set, and the added UDA sticker with a serial number. It also came with a UDA certificate, (a little fold out pamphlet thing) that also bears a matching, much larger square sticker with rounded corners. Matching serial numbers, that is.

I have a couple of other UD cards with the same UDA sticker, but just cards with the matching sticker.

The certificate is way to big to have been inside a pack, if that's any help. I always thought it must have been a redemption. Upper Deck WAS, at least for me, the company that I pulled my first redemptions from.

I've seen some of the Payton autos being sold with large UDA boxes and certificates. I have always wondered the same thing. Were they a redemption, did UDA buy some back and resell them, did they only issue some in packs. I just have no idea.