Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

The OP states that if you are sending GRADED cards, PWE is unacceptable, which I completely agree with. Especially if you got charged $6 or so for shipping, that would definitely anger me a bit too.

PWE or other methods are fine for low end trades, but if you're sending graded cards that you sold, then PWE is unacceptable.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Always use a bubble mailer.

Newman: "I mean, parcels are rarely damaged during shipping."
    Jerry: "Define rarely."
    Newman: "Frequently."

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks Toronto Maple Leafs Pittsburgh Penguins
    See jr.s_stuff's Items on eBay

I have never ever shipped with a PWE,always use bubbler and cardboard piece or exrta base cards to make it stronger.Even low end cards,and have never had a damaged card.It's the way to go.Even a low end card could be important to someones collection.You can buy bubblers very cheap in bulk,as I do.Even the dollar store sells them for $1 for 4 around where I live.To me proper mailing ensures I have done all I can to get your card to you in the best possible shape.Also making money shouldn't be top priority,helping folks with their collections should be.Just my 3 cents.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers
    Upper Deck ePack

I never ship with pwe....i've had agreements with other members to use pwe but personally cards will never leave this end unless in a bubble wrap. Don't ever want the member on the other end having to deal with a damaged card.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've used bubble mailers for every sale/trade I've done, but I've also received a large number of PWEs and I've yet to have anything arrive damaged. As long as the card gets here in the stated condition, I don't care how it's sent.

The only time I take issue with a PWE is when the seller charges the higher shipping amount, then sends it that way. But the practice itself doesn't bother me at all.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

I agree. Ship it how you want as long as the cards gets to me in the condition it was pictured and don't screw me over on shipping.
    I collect game used and autographed cards of Beliveau, Lafleur and Maurice Richard. Can consider other nice Habs cards too.
    Flicker: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See greg1126817's Items on eBay

That's a crap way to ship any card. I don't care if i sell something for 0.99 or $2000.00 Its going in at minimum a bubble mailer, if not a mailer then flat rate priority box for the higher value stuff. Definitely wouldn't want to get anything damaged that i bought and wouldn't want to see my buyer get anything damaged either. Hopefully you can get a refund on this and the seller learns their lesson!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Bruins Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics
    See leedsunitedellandroad's Items on eBay

I'm sorry but you are very wrong in this case
    pwe go through machines with lots of twists and turns and belts and gears ive seen mant torn to sheds and ruined .especially when there is hard plastic in them
    bubble mailers are the only way to go . most times they are hand sorted, but if they do make it to a machine sort the over sized mail sorter is far less damaging than the short
    and long sorter

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

OMG that is crazy

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbuying79's Items on eBay

Yikes, that's horrible. I sell a decent amount on Ebay and only charge $3.50. That gets you a penny sleeve, top loader, decoy (for extra protection) and a bubble mailer. NO excuse sending a card like that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast