Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Poor Enigma

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

Poor Enigma

What happened to your squad? Maybe Wake ain't no joke... they beat BC last week (who beat PSU this week) and then they go and beat NCST. If Wake keeps this up ACC could be interesting... especially since Virginia got their butts kicked yesterday too.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See yankeepride20's Items on eBay

MAYBE Wake ain't no joke ??? How about you better duck, 'cuz here come the Deacs! :)

Our coach (Jim Grobe) is probably the hottest on the market right now, and it's a testament to how our AD finds great coaching talent at a small (3,600 students) private school. Grobe came from Ohio U. and had a career record of 31-31-1, so there wasn't anything obvious there like a bunch of 10-1 records to steal him away.

Obviously this is getting way ahead, but it's not out of the question that Wake could be 6-1 at some point. Our #20 ranking is the first time we've hit the polls since 1991 (when I saw us beat Orgeon at the Independence Bowl to finish at #25). This is a red-hot team with a great offense, and as soon as our pass defense tightens up, nobody will want to play us.

SCF Rewards
    Country

BC isn't much though and the wolfpack played probably their worst game of the season so don't go getting all happy on us yet...

Wake got Purdue next who was obviously an over-rated team coming into the season East Carolina, and then Virginia... if they win 2 of those games then you might have reason to get happy.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The key to the game was the fact NCSU had no running game and the defense got played by a smart head coach...Grobe knew how to exploit the Pack's speed so my hats off to the Deacs for that....but I do feel that Touchdown Anytime McLendon not playing made a huge difference....

SCF Rewards
    Country

I will give no quarter on one player making the difference in a beat-down game like that, that's sour grapes. How about the fact we lost our #1 WR & #1 RB from last year, plus we're the only team in the ACC with a new starting QB - who's just a sophomore at that. The Falcons are the only team who can blame a loss on one injured player ... And besides, you were missing a RB, so how was he supposed to keep Wake out of the end zone?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Not to get in an argument, because I was quite impressed with the WF offense, but please read what my statement said. The loss of McLendon hurt, but I went to explain that Grobe's game plan was great and it exploited State's strength in speed. WF used State's speed against them time and time again with misdirection. If McLendon had played, I'm sure State could have mustered more than 24 points. But I won't say that State's defense could have prevented WF from scoring more than 38. As Iggy will tell you, I'm an ACC fan through and through. I give my props to a well-played game by Wake and they deserved the win...

SCF Rewards
    Country

No argument intended, but you were being way too nice, and I was trying to talk some trash because we only beat State in football like once every 20 years :) We don't get much of an opportunity to bark on behalf of the football team that often, so being polite is just a lost opportunity.

Other than that, I'm an overall ACC fan as well, except for Duke and Maryland. Duke is the epitome of all that is evil and wrong, while the Maryland fans are as rude, ignorant, and obnoxious as any I've ever seen (including Jets fans!).

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by YankeePride
    Duke is the epitome of all that is evil and wrong, while the

Well... the ACC is the epitome of everything that is wrong with college football so I guess Duke is a good fit.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh please! Like Miami has a long and storied tradition in the Big East! And they would have jumped in a heartbeat to steal Penn State from the Big 10 (11) ... Honestly, though, I wanted to just keep it at 9 schools, but the allure of a title game is just too big.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If they would have done it the RIGHT way then I wouldn't say anything like I said before... the lawsuit's still alive and hasn't been thrown out by a judge so obviously there was shady things going on.

Why would Big East want Penn State? There was never any talk about bringing PSU to the Big East.