Poll: In your mind, is TEAM USA not winning the gold equivilent to coming in last?

Thread: TEAM USA results

TEAM USA results

In your mind, is TEAM USA not winning the gold equivilent to coming in last?

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com

What a disappointment. A team full of stars vs. teams with one-or-two nba players max.
    - Andy

Beckett Basketball Plus Super Collector - Spring '06
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by sivjosh
    Greece had no NBA players.
    Yeah, I know.
    Just saying that every team they faced had either 0, 1, or 2 nba players. So they should have coasted to the gold.
    - Andy

Beckett Basketball Plus Super Collector - Spring '06
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Agreed. These guys were NBA all-stars. They should have beat any team with any number of NBA players on the roster.

Carmelo really put the team on his shoulders. I guess the other guys werent playing that well. Their shooting was really off.

Well against Greece their were a lot of problems but mainly the free throw shooting and pick and roll defense. I watched the whole game and for about 5-7 minutes straight Greece ran the pick and roll every play and it worked pretty much every single time. Coach K and the players never adjusted to it and by the time they did they were down 12-14 and pressing.

what a dissapointment. I was really expecting a world championship

The USA might've invented bball, but the game we play today (esp NBA) isn't the game of old (the game the rest of the world is playing)...aka team ball.
    The NBA is just a bunch of "look at me" individuals. No team play and that get's us whipped in world-wide competition.
    We can't make a basket unless our hands are touching the rim, and we can't play "D".

Maybe instead of compiling a team of ALL-STARS, we should just let the winning NBA champs play in the the world-tourney each year. At least that way they will be playing closer to a team concept and everyone knowing their roles.