Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Has anyone shipped a magazine? How did you do it?

I REALLY want to send the special edition of sports illustrated to Robert Kraft to get signed. I was wondering if anyone had any experience sending magazines, this will be my first time. I want it to stay in good shape because of obvious reasons.

I was thinking,

Bubble mailer with an envelope over it? And obviously include return postage.
    Should I include a thin piece of cardboard for stability?

Also, do you recommend I use stamps or a printed label?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Curious about this too, have a 1939 Baseball Today magazine I want to send to great Bobby Doerr (on the cover) along with a ROMLB, but the magazine is in fairly fragile shape and I'm afraid to ship it without a cover, but don't want Doerr to accidentally sign the plastic. Also not sure how to pack a ball and magazine in the same envelope or package :\
    Last edited by BillRoc206; 02-20-2017 at 11:28 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See darryl-zero's Items on eBay

I've used stamps a on of times with no issues. Just make sure you have the correct amount. As for protection, I have used large toploaders, sleeves with a piece of cardboard(a larger version of what a comic book would be stored in), depending on what I had laying around available. As for sending a ball with a magazine, put the mag in a large toploader and it will be fine. You can find these on ebay at a reasonable price. Just remember, if it's over 13 ounces, it needs to go priority mail
    I NEED 02/03 Topps Heritage Calder Cloth cards!!!
    Always looking for signed Philadelphia Sports Illustrateds!
    Have an odd Richie Ashburn item? I might want it!
    Looking for 66-67 Topps Hockey

SCF Rewards
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've used stamps a on of times with no issues. Just make sure you have the correct amount. As for protection, I have used large toploaders, sleeves with a piece of cardboard(a larger version of what a comic book would be stored in), depending on what I had laying around available. As for sending a ball with a magazine, put the mag in a large toploader and it will be fine. You can find these on ebay at a reasonable price. Just remember, if it's over 13 ounces, it needs to go priority mail

How many stamps go on the out going pack and the SASE?

SCF Rewards
    Country

All magazines are different, so it depends on the weight. New Sports Illustrateds are a lot thinner then they were 25 years ago. Plus, if including a sharpie or sending in a top loader, the package won't bend, it has to be shipped parcel, which costs more. Your best bet is to take them to the PO the first few times until you get a feel for what they cost to ship.
    How many stamps go on the out going pack and the SASE?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (182)
    Country
    See the_benz2007's Items on eBay

I buy magazine bags and top loaders for my personal collection. they arent expensive and you can get them from most any supply source. As far as packaging, Get a large envelope (like a document sized one) with bubbles inside. take some cardboard the size of your magizine and put a hard cover and back on the mag. I have sent and recieved mags this way numerous times and never had any issues.

As far as the SASE, dont seal your package until you get it weighed at PO. I normally put a little more on the SASE than what it cost me to send in case they send back something else.

SCF Rewards
    Country

All magazines are different, so it depends on the weight. New Sports Illustrateds are a lot thinner then they were 25 years ago. Plus, if including a sharpie or sending in a top loader, the package won't bend, it has to be shipped parcel, which costs more. Your best bet is to take them to the PO the first few times until you get a feel for what they cost to ship.

I buy magazine bags and top loaders for my personal collection. they arent expensive and you can get them from most any supply source. As far as packaging, Get a large envelope (like a document sized one) with bubbles inside. take some cardboard the size of your magizine and put a hard cover and back on the mag. I have sent and recieved mags this way numerous times and never had any issues.

As far as the SASE, dont seal your package until you get it weighed at PO. I normally put a little more on the SASE than what it cost me to send in case they send back something else.

Thanks guys. Hoping this helps me get sweet signed magazine from Robert Kraft. I thought it was only a dream till now...lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have done it a lot of different ways, the last that worked that I really liked I got 2 pieces of cardboard bigger than the mag, cut a hole in one that matched up where I wanted the mag signed, and then taped the 2 pieces together with the mag in the middle, and the hole being a window for the person to sign through. That way never got damaged, held, etc and got sig where I wanted it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I'm about to ship a magazine for the first time as well to get graphed. Wish me luck.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast