Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See montagna2006's Items on eBay

Thumbs down Kids should avoid epack site & so will I.

Even though I've met some nice people through epack trades, some particularly nasty people on the trade/chat board have created an overlty unfriendly atmosphere. Admin did not seem to be able to effectively respond to a specific complaint, so I'm simply going to avoid using the site from now on.

Insults and bullying seems to have become commonplace there. It was an eye-opening experience for a kid to see that bullying isn't just limited to schools. Some of those schoolyard bullies grow up to become adult bullies that don't discriminate by age on who they go after. And they especially like non/under-monitored websites. At least in this case it's easy enough to avoid. So I can thank Upper Deck for that.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See montagna2006's Items on eBay

OK, I've cooled off. TBH I flipped because it was just the last straw of several things about epack that I personally do not like. It gave me the motivation to get away from online trading and return to what works best for me.

It's a fine site for most people.

I met a really decent guy on epack that's taking my base cards. I don't think he wants to "go public", but I'll leave his username here if he's comfortable with a few SCF members looking to trade with him.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@DaveMitchner See squiresoldan's Items on eBay Instagram:
    Send PayPal to DaveMitchner Member is PayPal Verified

I haven't had that issue. I enjoy the epack, b/c of the free packs. (lets me build without spending alot). Everyone I've dealt with is either really nice, or neutral.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Good luck with trading physical cards. :)

-Dave
    epack UN: Soldan

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See think_of_one's Items on eBay

hey Fleemur12 ! did you sign our petition for e-packs overpriced shipping fees?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Epack is fine for the vast majority of people, but if you have thin skin, you can just avoid the Forums. They serve little purpose for the most part, so it's probably a good idea for the most people. The Forums are just the same 50 people who have nothing better to do than spend 20 hours a day trying to trade their 20 common base cards for the "best YG offer." There is little of any good deals to be had there, and it is generally a waste of time. 99% of the people that post on there want to give you a ton of crap for your one good card, and it seldom changes.

The only thing I do there now is wait for someone to post that they are looking for particular players/teams base cards (I rarely post myself). When they do that, they are usually willing to make fair trades and are often willing to overpay a bit. If someone is looking for ARI or FLA cards (or an equally unpopular team), and they are willing to part with SJ/WAS, or better yet -- MON or TOR cards (closest thing to currency on epack) -- I will trade with them all day.

I have found that if you are looking for particular cards, it is much easier to just search for who has them, and then send offers to those people. While not everyone will respond, you will be much more successful that just posting on the Forums that you are looking for X and waiting for people to send you offers.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors

simple I never read the chat simple made over 1700 trades never read it

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Boston Red Sox
    Upper Deck ePack

100 % agree with this. I will usually search for people with more than one card and send offers. I tend to look at how many trades a person has done as that tends to mean more active people. Or I look for people with team logos whom i have cards of.

If I get a card people are willing to trade stupid amounts for I tend to post on the forum (like a McDavid UDs1 base) asking for offers. Same for any leafs cards, people are willing to overpay like crazy for them.

Epack is fine for the vast majority of people, but if you have thin skin, you can just avoid the Forums. They serve little purpose for the most part, so it's probably a good idea for the most people. The Forums are just the same 50 people who have nothing better to do than spend 20 hours a day trying to trade their 20 common base cards for the "best YG offer." There is little of any good deals to be had there, and it is generally a waste of time. 99% of the people that post on there want to give you a ton of crap for your one good card, and it seldom changes.

The only thing I do there now is wait for someone to post that they are looking for particular players/teams base cards (I rarely post myself). When they do that, they are usually willing to make fair trades and are often willing to overpay a bit. If someone is looking for ARI or FLA cards (or an equally unpopular team), and they are willing to part with SJ/WAS, or better yet -- MON or TOR cards (closest thing to currency on epack) -- I will trade with them all day.

I have found that if you are looking for particular cards, it is much easier to just search for who has them, and then send offers to those people. While not everyone will respond, you will be much more successful that just posting on the Forums that you are looking for X and waiting for people to send you offers.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

As I said before, the Forums are usually of little use because it seems it's always the same 50 people offering the same crap offers. But if you have time to waste and don't mind doing a little work, it can pay off. The key is to actually read what people are writing (and be able to differentiate the new posters from the same old trolls), and then do a little looking. A while back, I saw a guy post that he was offering 200 cards for a single McDavid base. Now, I know McDavid is Gold on there, and anyone reading that post probably just dismissed it. But I looked at what the guy had and decided to make an offer.

I actually didn't pick 200 different cards. I just went through his collection and picked out any base I thought might make decent trade bait. I ended up picking 106 cards and sent him the offer for a single McDavid. I figured he would just Decline or it would be Voided and it would be a waste of time. But to my surprise, he Accepted. In that 106 cards, I got: 2 Crosby (plus 2 Crosby CL), 2 Ovechkin, and a bunch of others including: Panarin, Kane, Jagr, Galchenyuk, and other EDM, MON, TOR, among other. I instantly traded a single Crosby + Crosby CL to two Pens fans for a McDavid, so now for my one McDavid, I already had two McDavids, plus another 102 cards!

I was pretty happy with myself for that one. But today, I just made a trade that I think tops anything I have done so far. I saw a guy post: "Take all 468 of my cards and leave me a Nylander YG." Like most everyone else who read that, I just assumed that he would have a whole bunch of crap, nothing but base that nobody wanted, and maybe even some Alien or Dr. Strange base that you cant do anything with. When I looked at his collection, I was a little stunned. So I clicked on all his cards and sent him a Nylander YG, fully expecting him to Decline, figuring he was just F****g with people, or would reconsider. To my amazement, he Accepted.

In that trade, I got eight SPGU jerseys - two of which were autos (Scheifele and B.Schenn), six numbered Player Age parallels (four rookies), four purple parallels (3 rookies), and a Banner Year card. And for S1, there was a colored jersey (Pavelski ) and a few inserts to go along with a crap load of base (including one McDavid). I certainly gave up a nice card, but I think it was definitely worth it.

So if you are willing to put in the time and effort, the Forums can be useful. The key is doing a little work, because that is what seems to be what nobody on the Forums wants to do.
    Last edited by Sharky94; 04-15-2017 at 01:57 PM.