Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Aaron Hernandez found dead

Aaron Hernandez found dead hanging in his cell a few hours ago. breaking now
    This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos
    See Just a buyer, no page.'s Items on eBay

Gotta admit, this surprised me this morning.

The worst nightmare possible for a player collector, like many of us here. (Sorry, I don't mean to be insensitive, but this IS a card forum.)

I never pulled too many of his cards. Just common stuff like Topps basic and the like. No auto or swatches. But I feel sorry for anyone who spent serious money chasing this guy back then.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This was shocking news this morning. But it should save the tax payers a bunch of money since he was so young.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

What a sad story ... the kid could have been a HOF'er and multi-time SB Champ ... he was insanely skilled ... just a sad, sad story ... reminds me of Lawrence Phillips.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New England Patriots
    See zeke_at_bryant's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

So here's a question. This guy is considered by many to be a total scumbag. Check out his stuff on eBay... selling through the roof. What gives?
    Always looking for Patriots Jerseys/Autos!

Hidden Content - For Trade / For Sale
    Hidden Content - Patriots PC

SCF Rewards
    Country

So here's a question. This guy is considered by many to be a total scumbag. Check out his stuff on eBay... selling through the roof. What gives?

Basically anytime a player is in the news (good or bad apparently) there is a run on their stuff. I could kind of see autographs being collected because if you needed to get an autograph of everybody on the Super Bowl team he was on it isn't like they are going to be producing more autographs of his.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

There are weird dudes who pay big money for serial killer items and things like that ... it's been in the news a few times and I think eBay stepped in and started refusing to allow such items to even be listed.

I once had a guy try to sell me a Bible that supposedly was personally owed and signed by some killer ... yeah, um, no thank you.

As for Hernandez though ... like I said, the kid had HOF skills AND what I don't like about hearing people just bash him and call him a monster and stuff like that is that (1) he's a human being and none of us are perfect and (2) what if CTE played a big factor? I mean seriously, what if he got CTE as a young kid playing youth football and it screwed up his mind? I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a decade from now some ex NFL player goes on a killing spree and then gets off on a CTE based defense ... stranger things have happened, like OJ ...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (145)
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Washington Redskins
    See HollaMV7's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Tragic story of someone who had everything and ended up throwing it all away just like that. Now he is gone for good. At least Vick was able to come back a better person from his actions and actually do well in the NFL again. Hernandez...not so much.

Demand is everything. Prices always spike for players that die, especially before they should (Sean Taylor, Steve McNair, Jose Fernandez, Yordano Ventura). This is a bit different Hernandez, but I'm not surprised that his stuff spiked like crazy.

I don't buy the CTE thing. Many others have CTE and they don't go around killing people. No one or thing to blame but himself for what he did.
    Hidden Content - use the drop down box at the top left to view all my other albums
    Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector - I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs (04-07 all versions). Also like current Redskins and Braves (Acuna/Albies/Camargo/Soroka/Toussaint/Riley/Folty, etc.), Mike Trout, Blake Snell, Roger Federer.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I actually feel bad for the guy as well as the people that he was accused of killing. At the end of the day there are no winners in this story.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I don't buy the CTE thing. Many others have CTE and they don't go around killing people. No one or thing to blame but himself for what he did.

There are also some that do kill themselves or others ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast