Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yeah Jameis he has an insane amount of Steelers that I need. I collect alot of NT and Flawless. He's got multiples and many 1/1 and 1/2.

At the end of the day, I get it. His cards. However, business decisions have business consequences.

I have sympathy for you for sure ... the one thing that does bug me about BlackRose is that he won't trade ... I mean, it'd be easy to trade him cards that are worth more than the cads he has ... and then he could still ask his exorbitant prices on the new cards ... but he doesn't trade either :-(

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Those cases would all get ripped apart by group breaks. I don't thank him at all for opening any cases. If he opened up a store in a town or traveled to card shows with his collection, it would be the same thing. Everyone would catch wind of his bad prices and customer service, and talk about it amongst themselves and at local shows just like we are here. His cards....his prices as commonly stated. Those prices come with consequences. He shouldn't be surprised by any negative forum post, newspaper ad, billboard, or local chatter about his bad business.

Again I do not see why he should be ashamed of himself but that just me as he is not doing anything wrong. If he was he would be kicked of the bay, in jail, not allowed to buy cases, etc. Reading this whole thread the only thing I truly come to believe is your bitter you cannot get these cards. I guess that one reason I never truly worried about completing sets or having a master pc because it only leads to disappointment if you take it too serious. This is suppose to be a hobby after all in my opinion. Enjoy it do not get all riled up and let it create negativity in your life. Lord knows most of us have too much of that already without letting a hobby to contribute to it.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Penguins Pittsburgh Pirates
    See shortprinted's Items on eBay Instagram:

Again I do not see why he should be ashamed of himself but that just me as he is not doing anything wrong. If he was he would be kicked of the bay, in jail, not allowed to buy cases, etc. Reading this whole thread the only thing I truly come to believe is your bitter you cannot get these cards. I guess that one reason I never truly worried about completing sets or having a master pc because it only leads to disappointment if you take it too serious. This is suppose to be a hobby after all in my opinion. Enjoy it do not get all riled up and let it create negativity in your life. Lord knows most of us have too much of that already without letting a hobby to contribute to it.

DON

Maybe I am bitter. Since when does a bad business only = illegal activity? Price gouging is fundamentally one of the things that loses customers and gets yourself a negative reputation. Its ebay though, so ur right they cant shut you down for that. Doesn't mean I have to change my opinion just because he is legally price gouging me. What kind of logic is that? I'm just calling it like I and apparently many others have seen it regarding his prices.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Again I do not see why he should be ashamed of himself but that just me as he is not doing anything wrong. If he was he would be kicked of the bay, in jail, not allowed to buy cases, etc.

I agree with the above.

I guess that one reason I never truly worried about completing sets or having a master pc because it only leads to disappointment if you take it too serious. This is suppose to be a hobby after all in my opinion. Enjoy it do not get all riled up and let it create negativity in your life. Lord knows most of us have too much of that already without letting a hobby to contribute to it.

That's the thing though ... sports cards are not just a "hobby" anymore, they are a multi-million dollar business that is akin to gambling or at least investing and "specuation" and as such, when big money is involved, things get emotional and tough for some.

If all cards were simply mass-produced and even star RC's were worth $10 or less, no one would get bent out of shape if one dealer had (20) of one card and was trying to get $50 a piece as they could just buy from another dealer for far less without any hassle ... but now all the best RC's are "limited" and the 1/1s can be insanely expensive.

My three best Jameis cards alone would net me a very strong down payment on a $500,000+ home if I wanted to sell them, so we're not taking about a mere hobby and the days of yesteryear when my dad stuck his Mickey Mantle Topps RC in his bicycle spokes to make it sound cool ... we're talking major money, retirement accounts and the like.

Sportscards, especially 1/1 cards are the new "art" ... the art market has actually been having major problems lately while sportscards have been going wild with the $300,000+ LeBron logoman sale and the Gretzky RC sale and the like.

My son and I started collecting Jameis cards as something fun to do but we both have OCD to a point and I have the funds to play with, so we kept re-focusing our collection until it was just 1/1s, then just 1/1 autos and then just his very best 1/1 autos and now we have a collection that, if Jameis turns into a HOF'er, never mind the next Manning or Brady or Bradshaw or whatever, if and when we ever choose to sell, it could easily be worth millions.

However, I do think sportscards can still be nothing more than a fun hobby for many as they can just buy the cheaper brands, collect sets, collect player cards and the like and never worry about the hi-end stuff, let alone the 1/1s.

But as long as there is big $$$$$ in sports cards there will always be big problems as well I think.
    Last edited by Jameis1of1; 05-03-2017 at 01:08 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Detroit Tigers Detroit Lions Detroit Pistons

He is a high end vintage guitar seller so the cards are just a hobby for him and like people say, they are his cards and he sets the price. I have heard cases where people messaged him asking about a price being high and he ended up raising the price on the card. Best bet to just ignore his auctions.

The problem with dopes like this guy is, then he gets butthurt and wonders why no one's buying his cards, can't seem to figure out why no one wants to pay him double for his cards.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Detroit Tigers Detroit Lions Detroit Pistons

I agree with the above.

That's the thing though ... sports cards are not just a "hobby" anymore, they are a multi-million dollar business that is akin to gambling or at least investing and "specuation" and as such, when big money is involved, things get emotional and tough for some.

If all cards were simply mass-produced and even star RC's were worth $10 or less, no one would get bent out of shape if one dealer had (20) of one card and was trying to get $50 a piece as they could just buy from another dealer for far less without any hassle ... but now all the best RC's are "limited" and the 1/1s can be insanely expensive.

My three best Jameis cards alone would net me a very strong down payment on a $500,000+ home if I wanted to sell them, so we're not taking about a mere hobby and the days of yesteryear when my dad stuck his Mickey Mantle Topps RC in his bicycle spokes to make it sound cool ... we're talking major money, retirement accounts and the like.

Sportscards, especially 1/1 cards are the new "art" ... the art market has actually been having major problems lately while sportscards have been going wild with the $300,000+ LeBron logoman sale and the Gretzky RC sale and the like.

My son and I started collecting Jameis cards as something fun to do but we both have OCD to a point and I have the funds to play with, so we kept re-focusing our collection until it was just 1/1s, then just 1/1 autos and then just his very best 1/1 autos and now we have a collection that, if Jameis turns into a HOF'er, never mind the next Manning or Brady or Bradshaw or whatever, if and when we ever choose to sell, it could easily be worth millions.

However, I do think sportscards can still be nothing more than a fun hobby for many as they can just buy the cheaper brands, collect sets, collect player cards and the like and never worry about the hi-end stuff, let alone the 1/1s.

But as long as there is big $$$$$ in sports cards there will always be big problems as well I think.

True. But here's the thing: He has to have someone willing to buy his cards at his prices, and currently, he doesn't have 1 for anything it looks like. So, his posting "high dollar cards for insane prices" is really pointless, he has to pay relisting fees on that stuff, regardless if it sells, so he's losing money daily when no one's buying his stuff.

But try to talk reason to him(or anyone else like him), is pointless.

Tru, "his cards, his price", but then don't complain, get bent outta shape or butt hurt when no one's buying "your cards at your prices", which usually happens in situations like this. While he's laughing at all of us I'm sure, thinking he's cool. he's also costing himself money every time he lists something, and then relists and relists again and again. Ebay doesn't care whether you list/relist something 500 times and don't sell it, they get their money regardless.

I bet if he realized that, he might come back down to reality, but I doubt it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Meh he ain't worth my time or energy....all I think is "wow nice card...wish I had the jack to bust some of those and pull something awesome like that." But ultimately if I did I would sell it...so why worry about it...or him?

SCF Rewards
    Country

May the fourth be with you

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

May the fourth be with you

Hahahaha, that's a great line!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

What makes me laugh about this thread is the people that are crying about the sellers prices.. THEY ARE HIS CARDS HE CAN PRICE THEM ANYWAY HE WANTS!!!!!! If you dont like it block him and never look at his auctions or store again. Please people put your big boy pants on and get rid of the panties. Dont hate he has the money to spend if you wanna change it get a better job so you can buy the cases.

HAVE A GREAT DAY

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast