Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Penguins Pittsburgh Pirates
    See shortprinted's Items on eBay Instagram:

I always enjoy the "its a free country" logic which is what I equate the "his cards his prices" argument to. I suppose some customers enjoy hearing the store owner say that when they walk in to shop for cards or send offers on ebay. Also, making a point doesn't indicate that anybody is crying, hating, or too poor to buy boxes of cards. Stick to the subject.

Here's a few more stories on this guy. Lots of theories about his business and pricing. A good read actually and some funny ideas:

http://www.mylespaul.com/threads/any...ose289.351485/

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/m...ckrose289.html
    Last edited by kdnist; 05-05-2017 at 05:02 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

There seem to be two groups of individuals here (and therein two championing opinions) - those who agree with how Blackrose289 prices his cards and those who disagree with how Blackrose289 prices his cards.

The 'general' opinion for those who agree with how he prices his cards:

"His cards, his price."

The 'general' opinion for those who disagree with how he prices his cards:

"He's charging $2,000 for the same card which has recently SOLD for $150 - what is he doing?" (the numbers here are arbitrary, obviously)

These are arguments of a kind, but there are several hidden premises (enthymemes) in each, so I'll just stick with the word 'opinion' to keep things tidy.

My experience with Blackrose289 is quite frustrating. I am a die-hard Adrian Peterson collector and saw that he has MANY high-end cards of many great players - Adrian Peterson being one of them. He had several /15, game-used patch, on card auto's of Adrian Peterson that I really wanted. The only issue, and the main issue that I see here on the forum, is that he charges 20x for EVERY card.

I love Adrian Peterson just as much as the next guy, but I'm not spending $2,000 on a card that:

1. Is not worth $2,000 (comps were about $450)

2. Is not graded

I think I just heard someone say, "His cards, his price." -- And let me specify my opinion:

He has EVERY RIGHT to charge WHATEVER he wants. Shoot, he could charge $300,000 for a destroyed Geno Smith rookie (which, ironically, I wouldn't be surprised if he does that). HOWEVER, I, alongside many others, are still able to say regarding Blackrose289's pricing that he is, "...just an idiot who either doesn't know how to price or accidentally keeps adding three 0's to the end of his listed price."

In any case, I PM'ed him saying I would like to buy all of his AP /15, game-used path, on card auto cards (I think there were 4 in total), but I wouldn't be willing to pay his asking price on each - 450% over comps total. In two days he responded that he would only take 10% off the total price. Fantastic - so instead of paying $8,000, I can get them at a steal and pay $7,200!

...I can hear it in the background... "His cards, his price."

I, of course, did not agree to this... well, because I'm not an idiot. Am I salty? Yea, of course I'm salty - he has close to 100 cards I really want and he's letting them go for the price of a 2024 Ferrari - give me a break.

For those that say he just wants to 'show-off' his cards - eBay is NOT a place to show-off cards... it's a site/app to PURCHASE different goods (in our case cards), so if he wants to show-off his collection, he should go onto Instagram, create an account and post his cards there.

I'm thinking this - he seems to be older; he has a pretty expansive guitar collection and doesn't seem to be desperate for cash. This being the case, if it indeed is the case, I'm thinking he might pass away relatively soon and then leave the cards to his children (if he has any) and or spouse who (I hope) is realistic in letting them go for a reasonable price.

In my opinion, people like Blackrose289 give a bad name to the 'Hobby' - or nowadays one could use 'Investment Portfolio' synonymous with Hobby; charging ridiculous prices that are borderline stupid and they give me a migraine every time I come across one of his listings.

...With that out of the way, I am selling a 2016 Flawless Adrian Peterson /3, game-used dual-color patch, on card auto PSA 10/AUTO 10 for $800,000 - a steal in my opinion. Serious Inquiries Only.

#MyCardsMyPrice

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TheFerryman; 08-13-2023 at 05:09 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234