Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Johnny Gaudreau scores twice to lead US at world hockey

The United States came back three times to beat Sweden, 4-3, on Monday in a Group A matchup at the hockey world championships in Cologne, Germany. Former Boston College star Johnny Gaudreau scored twice, ex-Boston University standout Clayton Keller had his fourth goal in two games, J.T. Compher scored the winner, and Jimmy Howard stopped 39 shots as the Americans won their second straight following a surprise opening loss to Germany on Friday. The Americans moved 2 points behind

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...HUK/story.html

SCF Rewards
    Country

Now if only he could have scored in the playoffs....sigh...

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

nothing tournament
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

SCF Rewards
    Country

Maybe to you, but not to many Canadians and definitely not to the rest of the world. For most hockey nations, it's the most important hockey outside of the Olympics.

I enjoy this tournament way more than the World Juniors, which I find to be nothing more than a TSN/Canadian lovefest. I also find the hockey here to be more enjoyable than the NHL playoffs, since skilled players actually have the room and ability to exhibit their skills.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

I like all the tournaments. I enjoy watching the smaller Europeans countries develop over the years. I enjoy seeing stuff like Germany beating USA 2-1 in the first game. Considering the games are hosted in Germany and France this year you would think this would be a big deal for German hockey. And Leon Draisaitl is doing so well and is German, so that's a big deal.

I've sold some decent Stephane Da Costa for great money to a collector in France. Would be nice to see both these countries be more invested in hockey.

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

maybe for most hockey nations outside of North America it is the most important tournament next to the olympics.....although for them it should be bigger then the olympics as they are a whole other kind of joke......Were do you think calvin pickard sits on team canada's depth charts top 25 maybe???? World B Championships at best
    Last edited by MR.M's Cards; 05-10-2017 at 09:25 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

maybe for most hockey nations outside of North America it is the most important tournament next to the olympics.....although for them it should be bigger then the olympics as they are a whole other kind of joke......Were do you think calvin pickard sits on team canada's depth charts top 25 maybe???? World B Championships at best

For sure, you're not going to see Pickard or Mike Matheson on our Olympic roster anytime soon. That's the downside, our team makeup depends so much on who's eliminated from the playoffs.

I think it's the big ice that I like. The problem with comparison to the Olympics is also that the World Championships have a seven-game preliminary round...even I can't argue that a Canada/Slovenia matchup is better than Penguins/Caps...lol.