Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Transferred Feedback
    HI (75)
    Country
    Calgary Flames

Parkhurst 2002-03: an Iginla mini-set

My main focus these days has been on the older cards in my Iginla pc. Thanks to my buddy Chris (forsberg21) I've been able to plug several holes, and pull in some awesome cards over the years. Thanks bud!!! This group is from 2002-03, when Iggy was at the top of his game. The cards that I am missing are almost all 1/1 show cards, so I think I have probably gone as far as I can with this set. The checklist shows Atlantic City "The National" gold,silver,bronze (all 1/1), Chicago "SportFest" gold,silver,bronze (all 1/1), NHL Heroes w/ Messier "Spring Expo" (1/1), Toronto Spring Expo (/10), and Toronto Fall Expo (/10).
    There was also a Parkhurst Retro series in 2002-03 with a ton of show cards, but I'll save them for another time.

Now that I've been spending more time with my older cards I appreciate them a lot more than I used to. Putting these mini sets together gives me a focus (Iggy is close to hitting 5300 cards) and a sense of accomplishment. I've said that before, but it bears repeating for those collectors who may be feeling overwhelmed by numbers of cards on their list (especially for all of us crazy player collectors). Anyways, I hope you enjoy the show. You won't find any patches, quads, sticks, etc. but it was still fun for me.

Transferred Feedback
    HI (75)
    Country
    Calgary Flames

If you have one of the Toronto Expo cards that I need give me a shout.
    Last edited by Uhtred.the.viking; 05-14-2017 at 02:20 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice PC additions. I too am a player collector, i collect Cujo. I had alot of help from this site adding cards to my PC but i have got to say the cards have dried up lately. Congrats on your additions.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I really like the focus on those oddball/show/stamped cards here, as I feel they may be underrated for some collectors. I treat them like "parallels" of sort and like picking them up when I can, as sometimes you never know how many are out there for any given player. It's like a spooky hockey card mystery story.

Awesome Iggy's, I really like the old Parkhurst base variations! Keep up the great show!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Transferred Feedback
    HI (75)
    Country
    Calgary Flames

Thanks for the comments. Honestly, I used to dread show cards, there were so many of them in Iggy's earlier years, and as a completionist (attempting to be anyway, lol) I knew that it would be very difficult to find them. Now I see them more as a piece of history and a nice way to add some substance to mini-sets for Iggy.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Thanks for the comments. Honestly, I used to dread show cards, there were so many of them in Iggy's earlier years, and as a completionist (attempting to be anyway, lol) I knew that it would be very difficult to find them. Now I see them more as a piece of history and a nice way to add some substance to mini-sets for Iggy.

Awesome perspective on this. A piece of history is a great way to look at it. A nice piece of hockey/hockey card show history indeed !