Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

I love Leaf, Stickwork, Lumberkings, Itg Used, awesome stuff and as you said awesome bang for your buck. I will have to agree with @canucksfan007 thouh, I'm not buying your products for the rookies. Keep up the good work, I'm a big fan and will keep purchasing!
    I collect game used and autographed cards of Beliveau, Lafleur and Maurice Richard. Can consider other nice Habs cards too.
    Flicker: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

Honestly, I'm happy with this. I'm not thrilled that UD has the exclusive and continues to flood the market with mediocre looking cards at a premium. Adding in Rookie Showcase and mainufactured patches because every box must have a jersey or a patch in it.
    I collect Matt Dzieduszycki, Derek King, Pierre Turgeon (Isles only), Zigmund Palffy (Isles only) plus specific current Isles (mainly Wahlstrom, Dobson, Barzal, Beauvillier, Pulock)

All photos/lists can be found here:
    Hidden Content

Please, no more offers for tradebait. I have enough of it as it is.

SCF Rewards
    Country

And you should still by our products for awesome vintage! However, when you pull an auto patch of Patrick or Nico you'll be ok with that :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

By the way, check out the Leaf Twitter account for a few cool Heroes and Prospects previews! Product releases in a few weeks!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

Just added this to my pc, this is why I buy Leaf, you can't get stuff like this from UD.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I hope this forces the NHL to share the license with Leaf.. Leaf is providing decent products since a few years and what I love with Leaf is even when you get a bad box, you still get something good.. compared to Upper Deck where bad boxes meaning you could sell 15$ out of your 175$ box

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Here's the problem I have. The secondary sales on the Eichels and Nolan Patrick cards are not that high, even though they are very limited. That tells me there aren't many people looking for them. If I were to open a leaf product (ITG Used most likely) and I happen to pull a Patrcik, Eichel, Nico auto I will sell it cause I have no interest in an unlicensed rookie as I'm sure most people would sell it.

The big difference between UD and Leaf is that they have an exclusive and you don't. By you signing rookies to an exclusive only hurts one person. The collectors. There aren't many people buying your products cause you have Eichel, Nolan, Nico. ITG/Leaf products have always sold out so that's not a product of having those guys. I would be so pissed if my team had a rookie signed to an exclusive by leaf.

I understand what you're trying to do by trying to get hot rookies but you cant get people to want them without a license. Why are you signing guys to exclusives if your products sell out anyways?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (489)
    Country
    Upper Deck ePack

I don't understand the BIG deal with Licensed Autos. Most of UD products are STICKER Autos. I prefer to have on card/pix autos. Just because they have a license means that they are worth more than a person getting his Favorite Player in person Auto. Most people that are opposed to this are only concerned for Resale Value. The true meaning of Collecting is for the FUN! The SAD part is most of the fun is taken away by the GREED of the FLIPPERS.
    Last edited by mq13; 05-20-2017 at 12:31 PM.
    Collecting; Autos, GU'd & RC of Red Wings, Brodeur, Hasek & Shanahan and ITG 2004-05 Franchises. Motown Madness & Broad Street Boys.
    Want List: Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Maybe I'm the only person who feels this way, but I could care less if Leaf signs the top 2 projected picks of this year's draft. Personally I will not be touching any 17-18 product looking at not only the rookie class, but also the quality (or lack there of) of this year's product UD has released. And Leaf stuff, other than the vintage, is very bad too. Every year I find myself buying less and less and next year I won't be buying anything.

A side note, personally I think Nolan and Nico will be duds anyways so this won't really hurt any long term value their cards would have.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

To many peoples collection .... it is the end of the hobby world.

Auto rookies drive the current hobby, its most likely why you chose SPA FW rookies to collect, instead of things like Young Guns. Why would you decide to pay hundreds more for your collection if autos did not matter?

Not having an auto rookie of top tier prospect hurts all of the products ..... which in turn hurts the hobby.

Stop assuming.

NO...autographs have nothing to do with why I decided to collect SP Authentic rookies. I began collecting SP Authentic rookies in 2000-01, BEFORE rookie cards were signed (signed rookie cards came along the next year). I liked the look of the cards and at the time, they were easier for me to acquire than Series I and II cards.

The reason I collect graded cards is something I haven't told many people. You see, I hate handling cards. Sometimes I trade for cards and people put multiple cards in one holder. I have full use of one arm, so handling cards is tricky. I tend to drop them which tends to end up damaging the card. I collect graded cards because if I drop them, I generally don't have to worry about damaging the card.

If an unsigned card is the end of the collecting world for many collectors, that's great, because it will be less competition (and probably lower asking prices) for me to acquire them. I don't get too caught up in "what a card sells for" and that, to me, is the biggest flaw in collecting these days. I don't sell very often, but if I buy a card from you for $100, chances are that I won't be able to sell for that much because by the time I sell, ebay says the card isn't worth that much. If I buy it for $100, I sell it for that. Why? Because the ebay roller coaster is asinine. Pick a value and keep it there. None of this "he's hot, jack up the price; he's cold, I won't get my money back".

I have a price in mind for every card on my wantlist. If I cannot get it for that price, I am happy to get an ungraded copy and move on. It has nothing to do with value for me. Maybe they should stop signing cards. It would lead to less redemptions and bring it back to what it is supposed to be - a hobby, as opposed to a profit-making venture.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast