Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I think it bears mentioning that Upper Deck were the ones who started this whole trend of exclusives. I don't see why they should be the only ones allowed to do it but all of you guys are jumping all over leaf for playing by the rules that upper deck established.

+1

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well me on the other hand am getting a sour taste at Leaf because I cant collect what I want. What they are producing aren't rookie cards and they know it and everyone in the hobby knows it. They are hurting the collector by taking away what we want (Licensed Auto RC) and producing what we don't really want (Unlicensed Untrue Rookie Cards). If you think I'm wrong check ebay on the Eichel Autos. His Ultimate RC /99 out sells most of his leaf Autos.

You should be mad at the NHL and NHLPA for giving UD an exclusive license. I am not a fan of unlicensed cards, but Leaf is just trying to run their business. I am sure they would get a license if the NHL would let them. It aint Leaf's fault. If you are truly mad, send your hate to the NHL and NHLPA marketing departments and let them know they are pissing you off. As long as they are stupid and think that an Exclusive agreement is good for business, they will continue to do it. They will only change if paying customers let them know it doesn't help their business.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Because you don't have a license and as I stated earlier the demand isn't there for them. I'm sure you know but if you put up a poll on if people seriously want to collect Leaf Rookies over UD Rookies or just Leaf Rookies in general the response would be overwhelmingly No.

I'm starting to get a negative attitude though towards Leaf because I cant collect Auto Rookies from my favorite sets now. You're hurting the customer. I don't recall seeing anyone asking for Eichel Rookies from leaf on here and there are a good bit of buffalo collectors on here. All you have to do is take a look at ebay and see the prices for Patrick and Eichel. You guys have them really short printed and they still aren't selling that well. Look at McDavid Autos from ITG and look at UD autos not even close. Once a player makes it to the NHL we want true rookies and not some random stuff from Leaf.

Dude, are you actually suggesting that Leaf should just pack up and close their business because some collectors don't like unlicensed cards? They have a business, and like good businessmen, they are trying to expand that business. Why should they give up an opportunity to expand that business simply because their new product (which many people will buy) isn't as nice as you would like it? I am sure they would love to make licensed cards, so everyone would like them more. But until the NHL/NHLPA pulls their collective heads out of their behinds, Leaf will do what they need to grow their business. Getting mad at them for doing all they can is just foolish.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays
    See AG1181's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Look, I'm an unabashed UD fan. I give them way too much of my money (generally via my LCS, which I happily support), and I steer clear of unlicensed stuff, because it's not what I want to collect. That's my personal preference, and therefore, it's unlikely Leaf will be seeing any of my cash.

HOWEVER...I cannot, for the life of me, understand any of the vitriol aimed at Leaf and @LeafGregg. It's as if people think Leaf "stole" two prospects that UD had some divine right to sign. Guess what? The athlete can sign with whomever they choose. Leaf has made a decision to expand its business by getting into the "exclusive" game. It's how you survive, pay the bills, pay your employees, and ultimately thrive. Sure, Leaf is taking a risk, and if the company is rewarded for it, more power to it. That's how it works.

Don't like it? Don't buy it. Just don't blame them for playing by the rules that others (UD, NHL, NHLPA) wrote. The "hole" in your collection will be self-inflicted. Fine, you won't have a FWA of Patrick or Hischier...but that's Upper Deck's fault for not signing them first.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think it bears mentioning that Upper Deck were the ones who started this whole trend of exclusives. I don't see why they should be the only ones allowed to do it but all of you guys are jumping all over leaf for playing by the rules that upper deck established.

You're all acting kind of entitled.

Actually Panini got the ball rolling after they couldn't buy their sports card monopoly so they tried to put Upper Deck out of business by getting the NBA exclusive license. But instead of causing Upper Deck to go out of business they have just made NBA collectors lives a living hell for almost a decade. After this Panini got an exclusive license in football, Topps one in baseball, and Upper Deck one in hockey. I think Upper Deck started the first real player exclusive though all the way back with Jordan in basketball (if somebody was before that by a company I'd love to learn who though). Basically since the Panini move all the companies have acted like a bunch of babies attacking one another through exclusives of some kind so I don't see why anybody is attacking Leaf over something all the current card companies have done.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

I don't see why anybody is attacking Leaf over something all the current card companies have done.

Pretty simple as stated in the thread. Rookies drive the current product

1. Leaf is unlicensed. Therefore many collectors don't want unlicensed cards of rookies
    2. Leaf does not produce Rookies
    3. We as collectors are no longer able to collect our favorites and are being forced to get something we don't really want if we want those autos

A company not able to produce licensed cards just took away the top 2 rookies. You don't see a problem with that?
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't see why anybody is attacking Leaf over something all the current card companies have done.

Its not about attacking the company directly. The majority of the hobby wants to collect something specific, auto rookies. If Leaf were licensed, and decided to sign Nico and Nolan to exclusives, then there would be no where near the amount of hostility towards their company because they themselves would be able to produce real auto rookies.

Look at your above statements throughout the major sports ..... the one glaring difference is that Leaf does not have an NHL license.

Panini - Licnesed Football and Basketball
    Topps - Licensed Baseball
    Upper Deck - Licensed Hockey

No collecting habits have to change because each company can produce what the consumers want.

As said over and over and over and over and many times OVER again, we dislike this deal with Leaf because they cannot provide us what we look to collect in the hobby. It doesnt matter who did it 1st, who started it ... especially when companies with licenses to produce what collectors want can do so. Its not about Leaf the company, its the fact that with this deal ... they show they dont care about the hockey consumers, or dont care enough about them to at least wait until they have a shot at acquiring a license before taking away what we as the consumers want. Like LeafGregg stated, UD sells out all their products, do they need Patrick Roy as an exclusive? No. He also said that Leaf sells out too, without Nico or Nolan apparently, so do they need to sign them to exclusives? Again, no.

The card collecting community will never be able to acquire auto rookies of Eichel, as well as now Nolan and Nico ...... all thanks to the fine work done by the Leaf company, the little guy, putting collectors first.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Its not about Leaf the company, its the fact that with this deal ... they show they dont care about the hockey consumers, or dont care enough about them to at least wait until they have a shot at acquiring a license before taking away what we as the consumers want. Like LeafGregg stated, UD sells out all their products, do they need Patrick Roy as an exclusive? No. He also said that Leaf sells out too, without Nico or Nolan apparently, so do they need to sign them to exclusives? Again, no.

The card collecting community will never be able to acquire auto rookies of Eichel, as well as now Nolan and Nico ...... all thanks to the fine work done by the Leaf company, the little guy, putting collectors first.

Did you ever think they might never be able to get a NHL License agreement. I mean you can ask Dr. Price that question as he was locked out from a license in what 2003/2004 and when he tried to get back in the game of putting out licensed cards he was not brought to the table to be considered for a license even though there was 3 other companies. By your logic you should be hating the NHLPA for making sure you do not get cards of your favorite rc's. If other got licenses you would be getting true arc's of these players. Do not hate the player (leaf) but the game (the NHLPA).

I also truly doubt Leaf sells out of all their product in the true sense of the word. LMK if you wish to discuss that in further detail.

DON
    Last edited by doniceage; 05-24-2017 at 06:33 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Did you ever think they might never be able to get a NHL License agreement. I mean you can ask Dr. Price that question as he was locked out from a license in what 2003/2004 and when he tried to get back in the game of putting out licensed cards he was not brought to the table to be considered for a license even though there was 3 other companies. By your logic you should be hating the NHLPA for making sure you do not get cards of your favorite rc's. If other got licenses you would be getting true arc's of these players. Do not hate the player (leaf) but the game (the NHLPA).

I also truly doubt Leaf sells out of all their product in the true sense of the word. LMK if you wish to discuss that in further detail.

DON

our last 2 years of Hockey products have sold out to the truest sense of the word

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scotforti's Items on eBay

This thread is a bit of a disaster

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast