Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holy Fakes, Batman!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

Holy Fakes, Batman!

Check out this fleet of custom fakes...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ronn1969/m.html?item=222518522000&hash=item33cf233090%3Ag%3 AA00AAOSw42JZBO-R&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Granted, I'm not nearly as up-to-snuff with things in the hobby as I used to be, but is that not copyright infringement city right there?
    Last edited by ravens_creed; 05-22-2017 at 03:39 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Chicago Cubs Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @@BartenderRon47 COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Sick! And not in a " Holy crap, that patch is sick!" Way! More like a "that really makes me sick seeing someone do that to a card"
    Always looking for Senators cards! Must be a draft pick, or the card is identifiable as a Senators card before I want it!
    Until further notice, I ship on Mondays. Only day off, so only chance to get to the Post Office.
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Lol! Those are hilariously poorly done.
    I can't believe people are buying them.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I get little custom base sets & such, but I've never really understood these types of customs. Fake everything all over the place.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I actually respect the effort and the disclosure....don't get me started on that a-hole that sells fridge magnets on there....

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I actually respect the effort and the disclosure....don't get me started on that a-hole that sells fridge magnets on there....

I respect the effort in creating something like that from a design or artistic point of view. Some custom cards are really nice cards. I could never do it haha. I just don't get the appeal to buyers in extreme custom cards like some demonstrated in the link above.

And yeah, the magnet stuff makes my skin crawl.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

There's a guy in one of the facebook groups I am in that does a great job making custom letter cards. he buys stitched letters in the correct colors and make a quality Letter Marks of SPGU DDM type card of your favorite player or your own name in correct colors

SCF Rewards
    Country

A Shoeless Joe Jackson Custom Made Sidney Crosby Tribute Card? Why have a baseball guy from Chicago on Sidney Crosby hockey tribute card? LOL
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Honest about saying that it is a custom, but still horrible quality.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

A Shoeless Joe Jackson Custom Made Sidney Crosby Tribute Card? Why have a baseball guy from Chicago on Sidney Crosby hockey tribute card? LOL

I think it's because other sports have already been represented on the Crosby Tribute card before:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2009-10-The-C...EAAOSw2gxYoeOY

And it's also because the design is so nice and well-known. We've seen a crossover of designs between Basketball and Hockey recently too with the also well-known Exquisite Rookie Patch Auto designs from a 03-04 NBA product into 15-16 UD Ice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast