Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Fun new collection for me: Cards of Players signing autographs

I love it when cards and autographs collide! So I started a new collection of cards that have pictures of players actually signing autographs for fans. I miss the old days when cards pictured players in a variety of setting not just action shots from the games so I thought it'd be fun to post pics of cards that depict players signing autographs for fun and I might just learn something about good spots to go to for sigs in the future. Post your pics if you can! I just pulled a few off of comc to see if the thread gets any action.
    autoDave-Martinez.jpg
    autoDoug-Henry.jpg
    autoKevin-Mitchell.jpg
    autoQadry-Ismail.jpg
    autoRene-Arocha.jpg
    autoRey-Sanchez.jpg
    autoRon-Darling.jpg
    Freddie-Jones.jpg
    autoTed-Power.jpg
    autoMike-Bielecki.jpg
    autoEric-Show.jpg
    autoErnest-Riles.jpg
    autoKent-Mercker.jpg
    autoMike-Benjamin.jpg
    autoBruce-Hurst.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country

I do always love seeing cards like these, especially when they are signed. I have a couple of them signed, but we cannot forget about the 1992 Upper Deck Turk Wendell card, also due to the fact that he has such a nice signature and signs TTM.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-Upper-D...cAAOSwcj5ZP5g0

SCF Rewards
    Country

awesome idea!

I know what you mean about the cards with pictures of a player doing something other than being in game action or a posed portrait.

The packers have the training camp tradition of players riding kids bikes to and from practice and back in the 90's I think it was Upper Deck had a bunch of cards with pictures of players riding the bikes.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I do always love seeing cards like these, especially when they are signed. I have a couple of them signed, but we cannot forget about the 1992 Upper Deck Turk Wendell card, also due to the fact that he has such a nice signature and signs TTM.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-Upper-Deck-Minors-85-Turk-Wendell-/361992327319?hash=item54486c9097:g:77cAAOSwcj5ZP5g 0

Turk Wendell actually did an in person signing at a mall near where I live back in the 90s. My dad had taken my brother my cousin and me to see the movie dumb and dumber at the movie theatre and we didn't even know there was going to be a signing so we hurried over after we saw the flyer when the movie was over, but he was already gone. The guy that ran the show gave each of us a signed card for free though so that was one of my first autographs and a favorite of mine. Turk Wendell will always be one of my favorites!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think collectors choice seems to be the ones that had a lot of training camp and other pictures compared to game action shots
    awesome idea!

I know what you mean about the cards with pictures of a player doing something other than being in game action or a posed portrait.

The packers have the training camp tradition of players riding kids bikes to and from practice and back in the 90's I think it was Upper Deck had a bunch of cards with pictures of players riding the bikes.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think collectors choice seems to be the ones that had a lot of training camp and other pictures compared to game action shots

yeah that could be. I don't remember which brand it was. I will have to give my binder out and take a look.