Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See 22emmittzone's Items on eBay

Bring topps and upper deck back to nfl effort!!!

I've been collecting strictly football for 30+ years and have never witnessed what I have seen with Panini. They have no customer service as you can't even get a hold of someone there and they don't return any messages as their recorded message states. Now, using auto-pen for signatures when people are paying huge dollars for the real deal. Their redemptions take forever and when you finally do get it in the sealed case (which I actually really like), it almost always contains some type of damage to corners/edges/surface. Haven't had one sealed card grade well.

I am starting this thread in an effort to do anything we can to get Topps and Upper Deck back into the NFL arena. No company should have a monopoly on one sport. Call it a petition or whatever. Let us join together as a collecting community and show that we will not tolerate this one horrible company monopolizing the sport.

Respond to this thread. Stop purchasing their products is also the best way to not support what they are doing. I'm actually contemplating selling all cards from my PC that have the word Panini on it. I have been disgusted with them for a long time and this auto-pen issue has taken it to the next level.

UGHHHHHHH!!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

As much as I would love for this to happen it isn't. Topps doesn't even want back into the football market as they basically gave it away before and Panini has an exclusive contract for X amount of years. Nothing will be done until that contract expires and even then I'd give it less than a 1% chance of another company joining Panini in making NFL cards.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

As much as hobbyists want Topps and Upper Deck back, until Panini's initial contract is up, nothing will happen. What's sad is that Panini wants into Baseball and it wouldn't surprise me if they eventually get a license along with Topps or just outbid Topps all together. As for Hockey, who knows, but if Panini wants in, they will find a way with money.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (179)
    Country
    See ctkenjr's Items on eBay

Yeah, Paynini will find a way with the collector's money...

We are fools for our love of collecting, I wish Topps was back in the NFL!

SCF Rewards
    Country

As much as hobbyists want Topps and Upper Deck back, until Panini's initial contract is up, nothing will happen. What's sad is that Panini wants into Baseball and it wouldn't surprise me if they eventually get a license along with Topps or just outbid Topps all together. As for Hockey, who knows, but if Panini wants in, they will find a way with money.

Yet with all this money Panini has they are seriously understaffed and overwhelmed with what they are doing now. I'd hate to think what would happen if they were given an increase in their workload if they are already struggling to do 2 and 1/2 sports. I mean since they have taken over football they have had repeated scandals with game used stuff and now they are screwing up autographs. Not cool Panini.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See 22emmittzone's Items on eBay

I do understand the contract that they have and that is definitely bad news for collectors. Hopefully they will figure out a way to greatly improve their customer service as well as the product you get. That being said, as collectors, we can choose to no longer directly purchase their products. Of course there will be plenty of others that will so in the end, it really doesn't matter to Panini. That is why they can have horrible customer service, issues with their products, QA dept., etc....

I personally do hope they figure it out because I only collect football. But, until I hear differently, I am done purchasing their products directly. I will still purchase break spots and singles. I also am writing to the NFL (for whatever difference that will make) and informing them of the current issues with Panini.

On a positive note for Panini, they have stated that they will issue the recalled and remaining Dak PRIZM autos with a special Dak Prescott hologram to show that they are not the auto-pen version.

Still wanting Topps and UD back in the game!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I actually think Leaf would be more likely to get an NFL license in the future than Topps. Topps didn't seem to like football at all even though they had some very popular products.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I am not buying Panini products because of all the crap but it will be too long for anybody else to break back into Football (was my favorite sport to collect)!
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Will Topps getting bumped from football help the value of some of their cards?