Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers New York Giants
    See radek27's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Player Autographs Are Trash

Is it just me or do you think this generation of NHL players have just horrible looking autographs? They look like they just scribble instead of signing their name, sometimes I can kinda make out initials but it's no signature. Who do you think has the best signature and the worst? Keep it to current players only. I will keep this OP updated as more nominations are added, maybe we can run a poll at the end to see who has the best and worst.

Nominations Are:

Worst Current Player Autos
    Jamie Benn
    Nathan Mackinnon
    Jonathan Drouin
    Ty Rattie
    Gabriel Dumont
    Roberto Luongo
    Nicklas Jensen

Best Current Player Autos
    Sidney Crosby
    Jarome Iginla
    Steven Stamkos
    James Neal
    Evgeni Malkin
    Last edited by Kovy; 07-21-2017 at 10:54 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

That is what happens when schools stop teaching cursive writing in school! Kids don't even know how to sign their name anymore. If you want to see the proof, just do a Google search for pictures of FWA cards and you can see the crap that every one of them passes off as a sig. You can look at the entire sets from the past 3 or 4 years, and you probably wouldn't be able to find 5 that you could actually read or be able to even tell whose signature it was if it wasn't on his card.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Jean Beliveau would certainly not approve of the way these kids throw down their autographs these days.

Current guys I really like Sidney Crosby's auto. It's a very stylized signature and it's instantly recognizable. Least favourite today is Jamie Benn--guy has nine total letters in his name and he signs two of them.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Colorado Avalanche Denver Broncos
    See avaholic8's Items on eBay

I started collecting Mackinnon and Rantanen recently and there's are both terrible. Mackinnon's is probably my least favorite, I can't make out an actual letter except for maybe a "C." At least you can see his number.

DSC00984 (2).JPG

I always like Jarome Iginla's auto but since he's probably headed for retirement I'll go with Steven Stamkos as my favorite.

SCF Rewards
    Country

To be fair to them when have they actually had to ever sign something in their lives? I mean 20 years ago you probably signed a lot more stuff in the real world while now outside of signing autographs for fans and contracts they probably sign nothing in their every day lives so of course their signature is going to suffer.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

To be fair to them when have they actually had to ever sign something in their lives? I mean 20 years ago you probably signed a lot more stuff in the real world while now outside of signing autographs for fans and contracts they probably sign nothing in their every day lives so of course their signature is going to suffer.

This is a great point, also the schooling not teaching cursive writing anymore is another big issue. Can't expect guys now to have pretty looking signatures. That's not their concern.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Jean Beliveau would certainly not approve of the way these kids throw down their autographs these days.

Current guys I really like Sidney Crosby's auto. It's a very stylized signature and it's instantly recognizable. Least favourite today is Jamie Benn--guy has nine total letters in his name and he signs two of them.

A specific Habs going has a pretty nice one .... it was nicer before his NHL days though
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Espo's auto is friggin beautiful, not crazy about Roy's though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kovy; 07-08-2017 at 11:25 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I started collecting Mackinnon and Rantanen recently and there's are both terrible. Mackinnon's is probably my least favorite, I can't make out an actual letter except for maybe a "C." At least you can see his number.

DSC00984 (2).JPG

I always like Jarome Iginla's auto but since he's probably headed for retirement I'll go with Steven Stamkos as my favorite.

Yikes Nathan's is pretty bad but is it Jonathan Drouin bad?

s-l225 (1).jpg

I think we have two good nominations here for worst current player auto. Jonathan Drouin should be ashamed of himself sending a card like that out. He just scribbled on it!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

McDavids is terrible too. James Neal also has a miserable auto (Rookie Year). I have to agree that Benn and Drouin Autos might be the most embarrassing ones.

Malkin switched his auto up for a little or on certain subsets and I refused to acquire any because that signature is just so bad. An example of the shortened or whatever version I'm talking about:

Heres is his better autograph the one he uses most of the time:

Last edited by theboxbreaker96; 07-09-2017 at 10:34 AM.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast