Thread: Question on some autos

Question on some autos

Back in 1959 or 1960 my wife and brother in law went to a golf tournament held by the Hamilton Junior Redwings. It was held at Glendale Golf and Country Club in Hamilton Ont. I am not sure of the exact year, 1959 or 1960 but she does have pictures of Gordie Howe, Shack etc from the Spectator sports section but no date on them. 1 piece also shows the tee off times and the players names.
    That being said she got autos, on black pages of a book of : Gordon Howe, Harry Howell, Alex Delvechio, Lefty Wilson, Eddie Shack, Frank Mahalovich and George Armstgrong. Some are 1 on a page some 2 on a page.
    My question is what should I do with the autos :
    1) keep them
    2) sell them
    3) trade them
    4) other

Any ideas
    Check out my trade thread here: Hidden Content

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    If it were me, I'd just keep them.

IP autos (even for HOFers) don't sell well enough, IMO, to justify selling them (unless it's someone who never signed many certified cards).

Trading them off for something you'd like more might be a good option too though?
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Enter the 1st leg of the UD RAK 'Em Up! contest!
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I'd happily keep them. As stated above, IP autos don't command any premium when it comes to resale value, seeing as there are many certified autos of players out there today. I would keep them because they are so unique and pretty cool.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

Either way, you might think to get them authenticated

I'd only authenticate them if you are going to sell them. Otherwise it is basically a waste of money since you already know the autographs are real.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

As Sean said a lot of in person stuff does not sell well enough to make it worthwhile. Some of the folks your naming like Harry Howell have auto's that sell can be had from a $1 to $5 dollars not including shipping so not sure what you would think you would get dollar wise for a auto on a page from a book. Gordie would be your only saving grace as you might be able to get someone to pay a double digits for the auto. If you had it certified then you might be able to get 20 to 30 no problem but beyond that probably not. Of course you spent $10 bucks or more to get it certified your not going to be making much money selling these.

As the others said I would gladly keep it as a treasured item for my pc.

DON
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

After reading the above I think I will keep them. Who know, down the road the grand kids may look at the autos and say cool but who are they. HA HA
    Check out my trade thread here: Hidden Content

Slightly off topic, but in-person autos can sell well if it's on a unique item, or an item with a cool story behind it, or a collection of multiple players together. For example, if you were to get all of the HHOF inductees from any given year to sign the program, or any other identifiable item from the ceremony, I'd imagine that would fetch more than what those in person autos would normally get you.