Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    EBay Bulk Selling Questions/Advice

    I'm thinking of trying my hand at selling my stuff of EBay. I have a lot of low-end items that I sell for on here for $0.25, $0.50 and $1.00 and I want to pursue other avenues.

    I know that this service charges extra fees in the way of listing fees and final value fees which I would need to figure into my pricing, so I guess what I am wondering, is how much I need to charge on a card that I would normally charge $0.25, $0.50, and $1.00 on ? Is there a formula you guys use or a percentage you mark-up your items when selling on EBay or anything else I should know?

    My goal is to throw like 5,000 items $0.25 and up on there in as little time/cost as possible and see what happens. Maybe offer PWE "value" shipping choice as well as bubble mailer.

    Thanks in advance fellow card freaks !!
    Last edited by gfel2795; 07-28-2017 at 09:13 PM.
    Looking For:
    2013-14 Panini Prizm Autos, TSC First Day Issue, Veteran Autos, Young Gun RCs, SP Authentic Auto RCs
    Full Wantlist: Hidden Content
    I like to trade to Canada/Europe, but usually send via carefully packed enforced PWE's and/or CD mailers unless I let you know otherwise.

  2. Check out the deal at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
  3. #2
    Are you wanting to sell them as lots? I have lots of extra duplicates of Steelers, Penguins & Penguins. So I do each lot listing by player and add a few scans . Its less time intrusive doing it this way instead of card by card listing since each listing requires a scan. (Sold 2 lots this week) I would expect to pay in total in fees 15-20% of final price as well
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and ex Michigan players
    Hidden Content

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby 87 View Post
    Are you wanting to sell them as lots? I have lots of extra duplicates of Steelers, Penguins & Penguins. So I do each lot listing by player and add a few scans . Its less time intrusive doing it this way instead of card by card listing since each listing requires a scan. (Sold 2 lots this week) I would expect to pay in total in fees 15-20% of final price as well
    I have a spreadsheet so I was hoping to sell them individually from the spreadsheet and maybe include a stock photo or no photo.
    Looking For:
    2013-14 Panini Prizm Autos, TSC First Day Issue, Veteran Autos, Young Gun RCs, SP Authentic Auto RCs
    Full Wantlist: Hidden Content
    I like to trade to Canada/Europe, but usually send via carefully packed enforced PWE's and/or CD mailers unless I let you know otherwise.

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by gfel2795 View Post
    I have a spreadsheet so I was hoping to sell them individually from the spreadsheet and maybe include a stock photo or no photo.
    Cant list w/o a photo. Stock photo could open you up to some item not as pictured cases.
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and ex Michigan players
    Hidden Content

  6. #5
    Maybe COMC.com would be a better route than eBay? Don't know if you have investigated that option but I just thought I'd throw it out there if you didn't know.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

  7. #6
    Thanks, guys.

    Looks like eBay allows for 50/month, maybe worth my while to list 50 and rotate stock.
    Looking For:
    2013-14 Panini Prizm Autos, TSC First Day Issue, Veteran Autos, Young Gun RCs, SP Authentic Auto RCs
    Full Wantlist: Hidden Content
    I like to trade to Canada/Europe, but usually send via carefully packed enforced PWE's and/or CD mailers unless I let you know otherwise.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by gfel2795 View Post
    Thanks, guys.

    Looks like eBay allows for 50/month, maybe worth my while to list 50 and rotate stock.
    Theyre always sending out promotions for 500 free listings too
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and ex Michigan players
    Hidden Content

  9. #8
    In my opinion Ebay is far too time consuming for low value cards. I highly recommend COMC.
    Wanted: Blues #'d, AU, GU. Especially Federko, CuJo, Hull, MacInnis, Demitra, Tarasenko
    Traders on Flickr - Hidden Content
    I auto-accept 20% off on Hidden Content

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Maybe COMC.com would be a better route than eBay? Don't know if you have investigated that option but I just thought I'd throw it out there if you didn't know.
    This is also the option I would recommend. They scan, host and ship your cards for you. All you have to do is send them the cards and then set your prices. This is a great option when you have lots of low-end cards.

    Hidden Content

    Collecting Mike Liut, Victor Mete, and
    Young Guns graded BGS 9.5.

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by pwskelly View Post
    This is also the option I would recommend. They scan, host and ship your cards for you. All you have to do is send them the cards and then set your prices. This is a great option when you have lots of low-end cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggot View Post
    In my opinion Ebay is far too time consuming for low value cards. I highly recommend COMC.

    I'm not crazy about the fact that they keep your cards, I also like to use them for trading.

    I took a long look last night and I noticed that they also had some pretty good deals on some wantlist stuff of mine.

    It also seems like they nickel and dime a lot....If I consign a 5,000 count box full of cards, I see that they charge 1 cent per card per month for storage which means I would be paying $50/month just to leave everything?

    Am I missing some advantages?
    Last edited by gfel2795; 07-29-2017 at 08:00 AM.
    Looking For:
    2013-14 Panini Prizm Autos, TSC First Day Issue, Veteran Autos, Young Gun RCs, SP Authentic Auto RCs
    Full Wantlist: Hidden Content
    I like to trade to Canada/Europe, but usually send via carefully packed enforced PWE's and/or CD mailers unless I let you know otherwise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About SCF

    Sports Card Forum provides sports and non-sports card collectors a safe place to discuss, buy, sell and trade.

    SCF maintains tools that will allow collectors to manage their collections online, information about what is happening with the hobby, as well as providing robust data to send out for Autographs through the mail.

Sponsors

  • Dave and Adams Card World
  • Steel City Collectibles
  • Kronozio
  • PackRip

Follow SCF on