Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not more than that?

Not more than that?

I have made some trade so far, but most of them with canadian collectors. This week I made a trade with a fellow USA trader. I went to the post office with my bubble enveloppe that has 3 cards in it. I mentioned that it was going to the United states. The clerk told me the price : 1.20$ plus taxes... I was so surprise that I told her "Not more than that???" She then recalculate, this time using the scale to weight the envelope and sudenly the price was 2.07$. I guess that if I would not have talked, the envelope would have come back to me. Does that kind of thing ever happen to some of you?
    SCF Album : Hidden Content
    Bucket : Hidden Content

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    In the summer you do get Temporary Staff filling in and they often struggle so you have to help them out. If you had them in a standard bubble mailer it should have been a $2.95 stamp plus tax, so $3.35 here in Ontario.
    Traders:Hidden Content

Wantlist:Hidden Content

The want list at this link features what I need of Giroux, Couturier, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous set. If you have nothing from it I will consider CFL cards, current Senators, Carey Price, Guy Lafleur, Patrick Roy (Habs), vintage hockey (pre 1970) and trade bait.

Thanks and Happy Trading.

Quote Originally Posted by piper1 View Post
    In the summer you do get Temporary Staff filling in and they often struggle so you have to help them out. If you had them in a standard bubble mailer it should have been a $2.95 stamp plus tax, so $3.35 here in Ontario.
    As Piper said, its the same Price in N.S ...However if the clerk is knowledgeable on Sending of cards.. that $3.35 just jumped to almost $8.00 if you tell them the card is sent in a Plastic toploader!! They will not accept as an oversized envelope but a small package...

Mailing cards to the US is rediculous price wise. It is even worse if you mail from the US to Canada.
    Check out my trade thread here: Hidden Content

I throw stamps on 95% of my packages. That way they are accepted. I also have 'Air Mail' stickers from the post office so I can slap them on packages going to United States and it gets accepted and moves quickly. I have $1.20 and $1.80 stamps. That's $3.00 to United States (it costs $2.95) and $6.00 to Europe (normally $5.90) but this way all my packages move and the clerk doesnt have to say 'this doesnt feel like paper, it will cost $12.22' or whatever. and I say... yes, it is cardboard wrapped in hard plastic so you don;t bend it. It is paper.

Also, it happens most often at Canada Post in Shoppers Drug Mart, or the main office when people are on break, but I've had to guide people as to what to charge and what type of packaging it is considered.

I've helped a couple save $9. They were sending a CD to the man's mother but had one of those ...christmas plastic bow-tie thingy ma jiggies. They were taken aback when being charged $13. I told them to take the bow-tie thingy off and it is under 2cm so it's considered an over-sized package under 100 grams and it costs only $1.80+tax. It's funny sometimes... I've send and received over 4000 packages since starting on eBay 6 years ago.
    Last edited by Cunnuc; 07-29-2017 at 12:42 PM.

The people at my located are pretty much always there, and since I don't trade/sell as much as others, I haven't had that happen to me that I can recall. I've had them over charge me before and try to send it as a 'light package' or whatever they call it. I hate that haha.

Usually they are pretty good about it when I say it's reinforced hockey cards.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

I have my lucky blue USPS mailbox at the top of my hill that I drop just about everything into.

If I went in and waited on line and spoke to the USPS staff I'm sure about 75% of my enforced CD Mailers would get rejected.
    Looking For:
    2013-14 Panini Prizm Autos, TSC First Day Issue, Veteran Autos, Young Gun RCs, SP Authentic Auto RCs
    Full Wantlist: Hidden Content
    I like to trade to Canada/Europe, but usually send via carefully packed enforced PWE's and/or CD mailers unless I let you know otherwise.

You're absolutely right, gfel. If you throw proper stamps on packages and just drop them off they will all be accepted. Go to your Post Office and ask for the 'Air Mail' stickers. They will give you a whole sheet. You put 1 sticker on each side of the package when sending to USA or Europe and they will be accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbeze View Post
    I guess that if I would not have talked, the envelope would have come back to me.
    I seriously doubt it. Postal employees will sometimes check things that people drop off in boxes. But they have no reason to double check a metered sticker one of their own employees took care of. If it makes it past the counter, I would say you have as close to 100% chance as possible of it making it to its destination.

Quote Originally Posted by jim bradt View Post
    Mailing cards to the US is rediculous price wise. It is even worse if you mail from the US to Canada.
    A bubble mailer to Canada cost $9.50. I would be ecstatic with $2-$3! As it is, I will only send stuff I can fit in a CD mailer because if I do it myself, it's less than $3.50, but you can only fit about 3 or 4 cards in one.
    SHARKS and CAPITALS Fan +++ Tomas Hertl cards: 512 & counting Hidden Content ...... Hidden Content
    Whales: 03-04 Topps Pristine Die-Cut Gold Refractor #67 Sergei Gonchar (#/33)

Quote Originally Posted by Cunnuc View Post
    I throw stamps on 95% of my packages. That way they are accepted. I also have 'Air Mail' stickers from the post office so I can slap them on packages going to United States and it gets accepted and moves quickly. I have $1.20 and $1.80 stamps. That's $3.00 to United States (it costs $2.95) and $6.00 to Europe (normally $5.90) but this way all my packages move and the clerk doesnt have to say 'this doesnt feel like paper, it will cost $12.22' or whatever. and I say... yes, it is cardboard wrapped in hard plastic so you don;t bend it. It is paper.
    I think I will do that from now on. I didn't knew that cards in toploaders would make the price jump that high. Good for me she didn't ask what I was sending.
    SCF Album : Hidden Content
    Bucket : Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast