Thread: New guy

New guy

Hello i been looking for a place to get some feedback on things about cards .i have got back into cards after years of being away ,about a year now i been collecting tom brady cards mostly his rookie lower end card up to like $200.00 like the bowmen 2000 an some of the 2002 cards sp upperdeck ,patriots players cards james white an alot of others ,i also thought if i am going to get into this i have to exspand to other teams mostly football right now paxton lynch excites me ,kenneth dixon .tj watt among many others the low # Auto cards duke johnson . ,right now i sell on ebay .i seen a thread from 2010 that caught my interest ,i get all my cards graded couse i feel like the customer wants mostly .to know what they are getting. i used beckett a few times ,but found there cost was not what i want to pay ,so went to GMA an after 15 years in business i found there are just as good ,if not better i have stayed away from a few cards i seen that were minted 10 from others with corners clearly dinged ,anyway i have some back round in jewelry so i think that helps with getting a good eye on gradeing an sell on ebay too,i been geting 30 cards per month graded an have like 3000 cards so far about 500.00 auto #s cards where the money could be i am finding it can be kinda of a bet with cards too ,other then TB 12 so far ,i been a patriots fan for 45 years an turn 50 this month thanks

2. Kronozio

Welcome to SCF scotty9x and there are a lot of Patroits collectors on here!
    Football: Emmitt Smith, Jay Ajayi, Brandin Cooks and Marcus Mariota!
    Non-Sports: Star Wars, Silver Surfer, Thor
    Baseball: Aaron Judge, Gary Sanchez, Harmon Killebrew, Graig Nettles and Derek Jeter!

Hidden Content

scotty9x- Welcome to SCF!
    Always looking for Graded Vintage (Pre-1980)

thank you i plan to get some pre 80s.s cards over time,its kinda like jewlery in alot of way as there is so much to know ,i need to get a price book of sorts for now i kinda price things based on other card sellers an some guys i notice are looking for short term.quantity sale ,an others are looking for a card that will go up in value with time ,cards seem to have lower numbers from like the 90s too now a card may have been numbered to 2000 to 7000 ,i am seeing cards only as high as 500 for some players ,i am .thinking increaces value faster with a good player like Dak prescott his cards are up there ,is kinda what i hope with paxton lynch as well as jimmy g an others,i am going for cards some underdogs an guys i know will do well,like under 250 numbers wise or 500 if i can get a card cheap enough.one thing for sure cards prices have gone up for alot of players in different sports of all kinds
    Last edited by scotty9x; 07-30-2017 at 01:15 PM. Reason: spell

Welcome to SCF!!
    PC: Longoria, Tulowitzki, Stanton, Kemp, Pujols, Randy Johnson, Chipper Jones, Joey Votto, Griffey Jr, Craig Biggio, Bagwell, Helton, Derek Jeter
    I trade by BV or @ least try to when available.
    Cards FT/FS~Hidden Content
    Scans/Pix~ Hidden Content

Welcome! You've got alot of great questions. Recommend you create a thread for some of them individually in the Football Forum to get some specific responses. There are also some recent threads especially on anything Patriots/Brady and Dak Prescott. Good luck!

thank you very much for the welcome from everyone i will do that looking forward to the season ,an also watching alot of football ,an not for a long time i will be rooting for other teams,til they play the pats ,dont get me wrong i think everyone Deserves a shot at the superbowl,i will take a look at some threads an talk about football an cards

Welcome to the site !
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price