Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Anyone know print run on young guns

I'm really curious if there is a way to find out how many copies of young guns are actually printed yearly.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I don't bust enough UD to help on that product, but on other products I use rare chase cards to estimate production. For instance, OPC Black Rainbow are 2 per box and numbered to 100. 600 total cards (in 15-16) = 30,000 hobby boxes produced. Probs another 30k retail boxes.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

It's hard to say, though people have given estimates though when comparing different years. UD printed a ton during 15-16 with McDavid.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

There is a forum post on here talking about the number of BGS graded young guns and at the time Matthews had 1,700 graded cards, McDavid had 5,100. That doesn't account for all the remaining unopened product and the thousands of cards that do not get sent for grading.

https://www.sportscardforum.com/thre...ng-Gun-Rookies

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've noticed that upper deck prices on commons have gone way up so I wasn't sure if they announced a lower print run or if everyone is like me and take the one card in the middle and throw the rest away

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbuying79's Items on eBay

I can't tell you the exact print run on the base like of cards but if I had to estimate (based off of how many /100 exclusives are dropped per case) I would say that the print run was about x4-x5 larger on 15/16 than the previous year. This years cards S1&S2 were at or even possibly a bit lower than 14/15 levels. From what I gather they printed to order more than leaving the printers on 24/7 like they did for McDavid.

The bad news for this year is how poor quality the S1 cards were cut. I grade a tonne of cards and this years were trash. They don't have a lot to work with for the next few years so I expect the print run will decline further. Hope they saved some McDavid money!