Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

First live case break - UD Premier at 418 Sports

Hey guys,

A new sports cards shop opened not too far from here not even a month ago, it's called 418 Sports and it's as much a museum as it is a shop. The guys (Jeff Crete and Kevin Boutet) who own it are really passionate and it shows in the displays and the stock on offer.

shop 1.jpg

shop 2.jpg

So when they announced that they were going to do live case breaks there and showed their set up, I figured I just had to get in on this! Since Premier came out this week, they decided to use that product and offer a team random case break (10 boxes) for 125 CAD which was a very reasonable price really. I normally prefer team choice breaks but no way was I going to miss out on a live case break of that awesome product.

set up.jpg

I signed up and last night, I drove over filled with hope that lady luck would be on my side and that I would land my beloved Habs in the team random. I know what some of you are thinking: "wouldn't you prefer Toronto? the product is loaded with Leafs cards!" And the simple answer is: No. I collect for fun not for money so what really gets me going is landing awesome new pieces that will fit nicely on my Habs shrine. I got to the shop, paid for my spot and started chatting with the others who were all anxiously waiting for the team random. A few minutes later it was time and Kevin started calling out teams and matching them with names thanks to random.org. As teams were named one by one and the number of remaining teams was heavily decreasing i started thinking i may just be in luck...And the moment came: Canadiens de Montréal: Karine! (cheers in the store lol) https://www.facebook.com/karine.hains (for the video lol)

Then, it was time to hope for some hits and I must say I was not disappointed! Although, the first part of the case had nothing but a Price base card for me but I came to realize that that was just the warm-up! In the second half of the case, I landed the Sergachev Rookie, the Sergachev patch auto rookie, the Galchenyuk base AND, what is now sitting pretty on my shrine: a Galchenyuk mega patch that is just jaw dropping! it's the inside of the Canadiens' logo's C, I couldn't believe my luck! Here are the goods:

hits.jpg

Suffice to say that i'm over the moon with my first ever live case break and that I will be returning for more for sure! Of course, nothing is available for trade or sale at the moment, it's my Habs!

Thanks for the looks and comments as always!

Karine
    Last edited by Pheebs888; 08-19-2017 at 10:23 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays
    See pieytremblay's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

very nice! Well done

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Great story Karine! An excellent case break for you and it looks like quite a store!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Sure does, best store in QC city hands down! :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome hits congrats

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

That store looks like the stuff of legends. Gotta love those nameplate displays. So sweet!

As for the cards... I think those will do just fine for your Habs collection!

That Mega Patch though..
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome Draft Day Marks display at the store, even though they spelled Draisaitl wrong :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cool. They have a website?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Awesome hits congrats

Thanks, it was a great night!

That store looks like the stuff of legends. Gotta love those nameplate displays. So sweet!

As for the cards... I think those will do just fine for your Habs collection!

That Mega Patch though..

I know right? I love it! And I've got the Chucky from last year's too, they look oh so pretty together :)

Awesome Draft Day Marks display at the store, even though they spelled Draisaitl wrong :)

LOL I never noticed that....i'll point it out next time i'm there ;)

Cool. They have a website?

They have a Facebook page but it's in French. I think they plan on doing online case breaks on there eventually. You can check them out here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1376327365791566/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Dergula's Items on eBay

Sounds like me and my team the Leafs. I did a random in hopes to get my leafs (Too expensive this year :( ) and got them!!! Needless to say I finally have a High End Matthews to show for it! I'm on cloud 9!!

Congrats!