Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See EmpireHockey's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

RANT: Upper Deck replacement card is terrible.

A month ago I found out that my 2015-16 UD Ultimate Collection Viktor Arvidsson Auto Rookie /299 was not going to be made. This was just terrible news after the amazing 30 goal season he just had and after seeing his SP Authentic Future Watch Auto rookie /999 hit eBay and sell for $50. I paid about $50 for the redemption and was very concerned on what Upper a deck would send me.

I placed my call and gave them a list of 5-6 players/sets I collect - including Arvidsson SPA Rookie.

Fast forward to yesterday day and my package from South Carolina shows up. I was excited and worried, and this turned into disgust when I opened the envelope - Ultimate Collection Ben Hutton and Connor Brickley.

I call Upper Deck immediately to complain and ask if I could send these commons back and they ask me to send an email. So I did as they asked.

today, I get an email response basically telling me that the Arvidsson has a Beckett value of $25 which is equal to the Ben Hutton and that they gave me a "bonus" of the Connor Brickley - $15.

to top it all off the front bottom corners were dinged and whited from chipping. And Upper Deck's response is "go get it graded by Beckett and if it grades less than an 8.5, you can contact us then for additional consideration."

i feel so warm and fuzzy inside from Upper Deck. They really know how to take care of their customers.
    (Sarcasm)

i think I will never buy redemptions ever again - just not worth the risk and then having no recourse if you don't like what UD sends you.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I haven't even redeemed my Arvidsson yet, but I guess I'd better keep my expectations low.

On the plus side, I got this one pretty cheap...but I really don't want Connor Brickley.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

So sorry to hear about this.

It's such a risky scenario buying redemptions. So hard to get a good return if it doesn't pan out. But I think UD needs to do better here though with the replacements. It's usually 50/50 on replacements. Sometimes it's a win, other times it's not.

And it sucks that you would need to send it in for grading, but I guess UD needs to set a limit on the amount of damage they can cover up to. Otherwise, they'd be on the same claim for a while depending on how many re-replaced cards they'd need to send out for minor chipping, corner bumps, etc, over and over again to the same customer.

Hopefully next time it works out better for you.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

This treatment makes me angry. UD can get away with it only because they are the only licensed hockey card company.

If Topps or Panini or anyone else enters the game you would have gotten much better treatment.

We have a supermarket that just came into town called Aldi's. For years I have been going to Stop 'n' Shop up until earlier this summer, and when I returned to Stop 'n' Shop today to pick up an item that was not offered at Aldi's I noticed that prices were slashed to try and compete.

Simple economics, but the customer really loses out when competition does not exist.

p.s. I have spent about 30% less on groceries this year since Aldi's has entered the market market lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See EmpireHockey's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I just don't understand why they decided after 1 year to not make this card. At the same time, why UD would just send the SPA Future Watch rookie as a fair replacement to the UD Ultimate.

Tarasenko just got his Ultimate rookies signed after 3 years.....I was willing to wait.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

That's garbage man, sorry to hear. I really feel for you on that one. You wait for the card that you really want only to get ambushed with two stiffs. The only way to hurt UD is to stop buying their product. Unfortunately, they are the only licensed NHL product.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@BlakesBreaks Packrip.com Traders Upper Deck ePack

Sorry to hear about this bro, the way UD treats their customers is terrible!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays
    See pieytremblay's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

sad story, i would be mad as well...

I redeemed a lot in the past few years...l just ike the thrill.

I've never been disapointed.

A month ago i received a 2015-2016 UD premier malkin star auto patch /49 from UD...I contacted them because the card was damaged (i sent pictures as well). I sent the card back, they resent me another one with a similar 3 colors patch + a sergachev FW.

I can't complain

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

My one and only experience with a replacement from them boiled down to this:

1. Card would not made after waiting nearly 4 years (a Ranford Lettermark)
    2. Asked what I would want instead. I said: 80s Oilers Autographs. Preferred Coffey or Messier. Do NOT want Fuhr or Ranford (I knew they wouldn't have a Ranford I didn't)
    3. Got package. Had a Fuhr, and a dual Fuhr / Ranford.

The actual value on the cards was more than fair....but they completely ignored my request.on

In the case of the Arvidsson: A Future Watch of the same player + Something else would have been an easy replacement.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Maybe all Upper Deck redemption cards should include a more honest disclaimer saying that you may or may not get the card listed and good luck.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast