Report: Rockets sold for NBA record $2.2 billion

http://www.channel3000.com/sports/re...lion/616675697

Restaurant mogul Tilman Fertitta reached agreement to purchase the Houston Rockets from Leslie Alexander for $2.2 billion, an NBA record, with a formal announcement expected this week.

The 73-year-old Alexander bought the franchise for $85 million in 1993. Forbes valued the franchise in February at $1.65 billion -- eighth-most valuable in the league -- with revenue of $244 million.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Wow. Quite a nice return on his initial investment.

Don

Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

I would have to think the drafting of Yao Ming and the explosion of popularity of the NBA in China and because of the Rockets having Ming the popularity of the Houston Rockets going through the roof had to play a large factor in the record price. Without Ming I can't really see another reason why the Rockets would be worth that much.

4. Kronozio
    Whoa i missed this news, thanks!

PayPal Goods & Services Only. Thank you for understanding.

Main PCs: Dwayne Wade, LeBron James, and Russell Wilson

Wow that is amazing and yes he made a nice investment and profit! Now to see if they can get more championships! They are one of the better franchises!

Football: Emmitt Smith, Leighton Vander Esch, Jay Ajayi and Saquon Barkley!
    Non-Sports: Star Wars, Silver Surfer, Thor
    Baseball: Aaron Judge, Gary Sanchez, Harmon Killebrew, Graig Nettles, Miguel Andujar, Gleyber Torres and Derek Jeter!

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    I would have to think the drafting of Yao Ming and the explosion of popularity of the NBA in China and because of the Rockets having Ming the popularity of the Houston Rockets going through the roof had to play a large factor in the record price. Without Ming I can't really see another reason why the Rockets would be worth that much.
    Remember they won 2 championships I believe in 94 95. With guy like Drexeler, olujawon, Horry, they built a successful franchise for being very competitive.