Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Announced: Modern-Era Nominees For Class of 2018

09/12/2017
    The Modern-Era nominees for the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Class of 2018 is comprised of 108 players and coaches. Among the group announced are 11 first-year eligible players including wide receiver Randy Moss, linebackers Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher and defensive back Ronde Barber.

The roster of nominees consists of 53 offensive players, 38 defensive players, five special teams players and 12 coaches. The Modern-Era nominees will be reduced to 25 semifinalists in November and, from there, to 15 finalists in January.

MODERN-ERA NOMINEES FOR THE PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME CLASS OF 2018

*Finalist in 2017; Underline indicates first year of eligibility (Players and coaches must have last played or coached at least five full seasons to be eligible for nomination. Therefore, any individual who last played or coached in 2012 are eligible for the first time in 2018).

QUARTERBACKS
    (5) – Randall Cunningham, Rich Gannon, Donovan McNabb, Steve McNair, Phil Simms

RUNNING BACKS
    (10) – Tiki Barber, Earnest Byner, Roger Craig, Corey Dillon, Eddie George, Edgerrin James, Lorenzo Neal, Fred Taylor, Herschel Walker (also KR), Ricky Watters

http://www.profootballhof.com/108-mo...mpaign=9.12.17

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos
    See Just a buyer, no page.'s Items on eBay

Steve Smith????

The Steve Smith who played for the Panthers, and recently the Ravens, just retired last year, so he cannot possibly be nominated yet. A player I feel deserves the nomination, when his times comes. Always loved pulling good cards of him, and pulled several over the years.

The Steve Smith that was nominated, who's been retired long enough, is the one who made that great catch for the Giants to beat the Pats in the Super Bowl the FIRST time.

That was really his biggest play, and he's got nowhere NEAR the numbers to justify a nomination the HOF.

??????????????????????????????

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

SHOULD BE SHOE-INS:

Ray Lewis
    Randy Moss
    Terrell Owens

Personally I'd love to see both Randal Cunningham and Donovan McNabb make it in as those were two of my fave QB's all-time but I think they'll both have to wait ... a long time ... if they ever get in.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm pretty sure the reason Terrell Owens already isn't in the HOF is because of football politics as he should have been a shoe in
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

^ I agree 100% ... I never really liked T.O. personally BUT the guy is a top 3 ALL-TIME receiver along with Rice and Moss so he definitely should have been a "first ballot" HOF'er!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I agree T.O. wasn't a favorite as a player but he has the stats!
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos
    See Just a buyer, no page.'s Items on eBay

The Hall of Fame doesn't like antics.

TO's mouth and behavior, on and off the field, are his roadblocks to the Hall. Obviously, as you said, it's not his numbers.

At least he didn't wear a gold jacket during his career. LOL

Another I voted for last night. I loved Chad, and his TD celebrations. I loved when he gave away balls and stuff, haha. But wearing that jacket will cost him his bid for a LONG time.

There's a LOT of guys who deserve at place in the Hall that will never make it. There just can't be room for everyone.

Of course, I voted for Rod Smith, and most of the others on that list who played for us. Atwater, Mecklenburg, and yup, Lynch and Dawkins. Hard not to have a little bias when EVERYONE on the list, and names not even there, deserve a spot. No mention of Pat Bowlen there.

My guess is of those Broncos, only Lynch has a real shot though this year. Although I personally feel Rod is deserving of 1st ballot. It's just - I can't figure out the criteria anymore………..

Cunningham and McNabb were also in my 25, as were Lewis and Moss. Those two definitely deserve 1st ballot if anyone in the last 20 years do.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The Hall of Fame doesn't like antics.

TO's mouth and behavior, on and off the field, are his roadblocks to the Hall. Obviously, as you said, it's not his numbers.

At least he didn't wear a gold jacket during his career. LOL

Another I voted for last night. I loved Chad, and his TD celebrations. I loved when he gave away balls and stuff, haha. But wearing that jacket will cost him his bid for a LONG time.

There's a LOT of guys who deserve at place in the Hall that will never make it. There just can't be room for everyone.

Of course, I voted for Rod Smith, and most of the others on that list who played for us. Atwater, Mecklenburg, and yup, Lynch and Dawkins. Hard not to have a little bias when EVERYONE on the list, and names not even there, deserve a spot. No mention of Pat Bowlen there.

My guess is of those Broncos, only Lynch has a real shot though this year. Although I personally feel Rod is deserving of 1st ballot. It's just - I can't figure out the criteria anymore………..

Cunningham and McNabb were also in my 25, as were Lewis and Moss. Those two definitely deserve 1st ballot if anyone in the last 20 years do.

If Lewis AND Moss don't get in on their 1st ballot, it will be a travesty.

As to John Lynch and Rod Smith ... I personally think both deserve to be in Canton as well.