Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Philadelphia Eagles Toronto Blue Jays
    See maritimesportscards's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

What value level do YOU put in a one-touch

I purchased a bunch more one touches and was determining which cards to switch from toploaders and was just curious how others determine what cards go in one touches vs toploaders vs sleeves vs nothing. Obviously it's a personal preference and there is no right answer but I'd like to hear what others do to protect items at different value levels or different PC items.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would put any card that is special to you or a higher value card, say above $50..

SCF Rewards
    Country

For me I'm all about consistency, I put absolutely everything in toploaders cause I like being able to look through my PC in nice uniform stacks... only exception is a handful of ultra thick 360 pt cards and booklets - I think there are toploader options now but one touches were the only choice at the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

For me...none.

Some might call me crazy, but pretty much all my PC cards are in binders, not one touches or anything. Even the "higher end" 1/1's, etc. I just love displaying and looking at my PC in a binder. Keeps everything neat and tidy.

When it comes to storing my cards, I guess I have a more "old school" mentality. The only cards I keep in a magnet holder are the ones that won't fit into a 9-pocket binder page or the few slabbed cards I have

I have many one touches, but they just sit in a box. So maybe my card displaying might change in the future, but until then it's the ol' trusty binder for me !
    Last edited by creasecollector; 09-30-2017 at 04:56 PM.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Vancouver Canucks Seattle Seahawks Toronto Blue Jays
    See watchtrader_ca's Items on eBay

I have only a few one touches that came with cards i bought on ebay. i put my nicer cards in them, but otherwise everything goes in a toploader and then into a 4x4 binder page. i dont really like one touches theyre kind of heavy but i guess if i had a lot of $$$$ cards i might use them more. most of my stuff is under $100.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Vancouver Canucks

None, because I believe all cards should be in a sleeve, so all mine are in sleeves and toploaders. I've seen too many cases (pun intended) where cards were in one touches (or even the older screwdowns) and after a few years the gloss from the card gets stuck to one side of the case and peels off. Not to mention most cards are loose in the one touches and I don't like them banging around in there.
    Last edited by mastermind; 09-30-2017 at 07:15 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

LOL.... I need more top loaders for sure, I try to put any card worth more than 5 bucks in a top loader, but since I need to buy more I have like cards that book between 10-15 bucks sitting in sleeves right now in a box....

I don't handle them much so they will be OK....

I don't put any base cards in top loaders or sleeves tho, I did originally, but I stopped when I accumulated too much base cards of stars like Crosby, Kane, Benn, Ovechkin.... The only base cards I will put in a sleeve would be like Connor McDavid or Checklists that feature rookies like the Parkhurst Matthews CL..... I will however put parallels in sleeves, like Parkhurst Red & Black....

At the same time tho I have no idea what cards book value are because I use ebay as a reference.... A card may "book" for 15 bucks but could go on ebay for $5 + 3.99 shipping which tells me the card is really only worth $9 bucks at say a card show....

I started collecting cards again after 20-25 years of being away from the hobby and boy is it different than it was when I left the Hobby when I was 15-16.... Shipping and ebay fees and Paypal fees really diminish a cards value, I mean back in the day I could get 9 bucks for that card that sells for $5 and 3.99 shipping, probably more...

It's difficult to determine a cards true value these days given all the excess factors...

Sorry for digressing but the internet, forums like this and the likes of ebay and other sites have become one big card show that lasts 24/7....

I would love to see the rise of the communal card show once again where collectors and enthusiasts could interact face to face, make trades, buy and sell at fair market value, but unfortunately these days there are only massive regional card shows where people will have to drive several hundred miles and play 10 bucks to get in or $500 for a table if they want that experience...

But ebay is the same way, the fees, the paypal fees, the shipping are the price of admission in this 24/7/365 card show we call the internet...

Sorry for the rant but....

It would be nice if this forum had regional sub-forums where collectors could meet up and do face to face buying, selling and trading -- where a bunch of collectors could meet up somewhere, bring their stuff and make trades or buy and sell and just talk about cards in general, like it was back in the day with card shows..... Heck, perhaps if some regions had enough collectors we could see the rise of card shows once again, given networking... That would be great...

But like I said, sorry to digress, I kinda went off on a tangent there... But I think it relates to what the OP asked.... Ebay fees, paypal fees and shipping will determine what cards go in a top loader, as screw down or a flex..... Regardless of what Beckett says the card is worth.... Regardless, I keep my cards in mint condition anyway.

- Savard18

SCF Rewards
    Country

None, because I believe all cards should be in a sleeve, so all mine are in sleeves and toploaders. I've seen too many cases (pun intended) where cards were in one touches (or even the older screwdowns) and after a few years the gloss from the card gets stuck to one side of the case and peels off. Not to mention most cards are loose in the one touches and I don't like them banging around in there.

Yea, me too, I put cards in sleeves and then put them in top loaders.... That's the only way to really do it..... I've seen a lot of cards fall out of top loaders that weren't sleeved that got damaged...

Rule #1 should be put your valuable cards in a sleeve first then put the sleeved card in a top loader....It keeps the cards nice and secure and the card wont be moving around screwing up the surface and perhaps dinging the corners up...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

@Savard18 are you in Chicago area? If so, there is a monthly show up at the Holiday Inn in Schaumburg (right off 355) that is free to get into. I don't remember the exact day each month, but could look further in my notes if you want.

SCF Rewards
    Country

@Savard18 are you in Chicago area? If so, there is a monthly show up at the Holiday Inn in Schaumburg (right off 355) that is free to get into. I don't remember the exact day each month, but could look further in my notes if you want.

Yea, I'm on the Chain-o-lakes.... Had no idea there was a monthly card show in Schumburg...... We used to have them Bi-weekly in Mundelein.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast