Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Anti Expo recap

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Anti Expo recap

Hey all,

Yesterday I made the drive up to Montreal to attend THE Montreal card show: l'AntiExpo. I left home at 6:00 to be there by 9:00 and enter early since I had bought the VIP deluxe early entry package (you get to enter at 9:00 instead of 10:00 and you get 2 signed 8x10 signed pictures - last time I got Kris Letang, this time I got 2 players I do not know lol...and believe me I know a lot of players). As soon as the doors opened, I made my way to the Upper Deck booth since for the first time ever, Upper Deck was attending the show and doing a wrapper redemption program. You might have heard that this summer, Chris Carlin reached out to me and @RGM81 and asked for our help in designing the redemption set. Needless to say we were over the moon and had a blast doing it. When I got there, I spoke to Diane who was the representative on set and she gave me sets for both myself and Richard as well as a giant card of what is my favorite card of there set, the one featuring Roy's jersey number retirement night:

giant card.jpgTHE set.jpg

I thanked her and moved on to the contest booth where you can spin the wheel for a chance to win a Shea Weber auto jersey. As a VIP, I got two spins and did them with enthusiasm letting out a "woo hoo!" each time which cracked the guy up BUT it worked on my first spin I won a ticket for the Weber jersey draw and on the second one, I won a free gift off the table. Of course I went for some Habs goodies and there was a 16x20 autographed pic of Yvon Lambert so the choice was easy:

Yvon Lamber.jpg

My day was definitely off to a great start! I then walked around looking at all the boots in search of Habs cards I needed. It's only the 3rd time I attend that show and yet plenty of the dealers remembered me and got out some cards they had set aside for me. Some I already had but I appreciated the gesture nonetheless. Made a couple of trades for Timmies cards I needed, for a Weber patch and bought some Price and Carbo cards. Also picked up the results of a case break I had bought into with Collect Edition (I highly recommend them if you do case breaks online, nice prices and Charles, the guy who busts the boxes does a great job of it: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1762492110690931/ ). I took the time to chat with some familiar faces and some new faces too, met Charles for the first time, dropped by Chris Bossy's booth, spoke with Daniel Rock from ACA certification... Here are my pick-ups:

show pick-ups.jpg

At 14:00 Denis Savard was signing autographs and since I was spending the day there I figured why not get my mini Stanley Cup 93 autographed by Denis? I also got him to sign my centennial book. Very happy with the results, he also inscribed both items with HHOF 2000 :). Today, Gallagher is signing at the show but I couldn't be there...thankfully my friend is getting Gally to sign my jersey so I should have a good mail day this week! I'll also be getting a signed Rick Wamsley picture as I won that in a Facebook contest. In the meantime, here's the Savard signed items:

autos mini cup.jpgautos centennial.jpg

Once I had my autographed items, I left to go to the Bell Centre. I was attending the game last night in a box for the first time ever! Thanks to the same friend who's getting my Gally jersey signed today :). I hit the Tricolore Sports shop and bought myself a couple of T-shirts from the new guys on the team (Drouin and Alzner) and one of the Winter Classic and then I met the guys for dinner at Madison's. At 18:15 we headed to the Bell Centre and we got to the box. The view was amazing! and in a 9-2 win, most goals were scored at our end of the ice....Without a doubt the best win I ever saw live!

22046151_10159469272355385_3204285165153837310_n.jpg20228986_10159469287740385_7080496369421852346_n.jpg

After the final whistle I started the long drive home and finally got back at about 1:00 AM, going to bed at 2:00 AM it was one of the longest and yet most entertaining day ever! If you are anywhere near Montreal you must attend l'Anti Expo (http://www.antiexpo.com ), so much fun!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Looks like you had a great time!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jffoland's Items on eBay

Looks like you had a great time! Cool Yvon photo as well!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I really enjoyed the show and picked up a couple of OPC boxes so I could some of the Montreal redemption packs to bring back to Ottawa.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 72bigcountry's Items on eBay

Sounds like an awesome time. Bummed I didn't make the trip.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Great read Karine! Glad that you had such an awesome day and that the show was such a success!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Thanks for the comments guys I really did have a blast :)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

Ok ok. As long as I am have the bandwidth with the day job, Montreal + anti expo = scott visit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk